Christmas ornaments

PoppyMac

Do most of the cruiselines sell ornaments on the cruise of the ship you are on? Do they sell out? Is it easy to find christmas ornaments in the ports? My mom is going to western caribbean and was wondering about this. Thanks for any info. :)

Ornaments in the ports are fairly easy to get, but mostly on cruises in November and December. You might have a hard time finding them other times of the year. I've not seen many ornaments on ships, but again, they might have them in December. But she can ask in the shops on board if they have any in the storeroom, if her cruise isn't during the holiday season.

Thanks all..she isnt going until Jan and Im hoping to go late spring. That is our family tradition, to buy an ornament on vacation or to remember any big event..turning 16, breaking an arm, first car..etc. We usually have a few new ornaments each year. :)

Thanks all..she isnt going until Jan and Im hoping to go late spring. That is our family tradition, to buy an ornament on vacation or to remember any big event..turning 16, breaking an arm, first car..etc. We usually have a few new ornaments each year. :)

One option is to look for unique items and turn them into ornaments. I have a magic eye from Greece and from Egypt that were not specifically designed as ormaments, but work well and look cool on the tree. I even have a brass key from Alcatraz!

Most stops in the Caribbean have places that sell ornaments. I suspect it a catering to the tourist trade thing, but it works! You shouldn't have a problem. BTW, I started bringing my grandkids ornaments when they were born; now that they approach the teen years my daughter says they have become treasured holiday traditions ["This is the year grandma went to . . .]. Since Grandma travels a lot, they have quite an assortment!

One option is to look for unique items and turn them into ornaments. I have a magic eye from Greece and from Egypt that were not specifically designed as ormaments, but work well and look cool on the tree. I even have a brass key from Alcatraz!

Most stops in the Caribbean have places that sell ornaments. I suspect it a catering to the tourist trade thing, but it works! You shouldn't have a problem. BTW, I started bringing my grandkids ornaments when they were born; now that they approach the teen years my daughter says they have become treasured holiday traditions ["This is the year grandma went to . . .]. Since Grandma travels a lot, they have quite an assortment!

Yes, it's just as much fun finding other ornaments or key rings which will decorate a tree....think of those tiny ships in a bottle which sail when you move them, or little pictures of your port or ship. :)

Jo.

Archived