Fall 2011 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns

KandCsailing

I thought Hopes outifit was AWFUL, what could they be thinking to dress her like that , may be they don't like her ??? and the boots for dancing , just not good. I fully expected Max the come unglued at some point during this season.

I liked Carrie Anns gown , did not like Brookes black gown , I wish it would not have had all the cut outs , it would have looked more elegant with out that.

I know they are all trying really hard , but I think it is time for Chaz to go , Nancy, and then Hope also. But who knows what will happen next .

As for David he is really kind of funny and spacey , I wonder if he is always like that .

Cori

Tuesday, October 25, 2011: results show.

Brooke is in a SKIN TIGHT cocktail dress-cum-corset in a wonderful gray color. It has a wide satin ruffle at the diagonal neckline. I could really like this dress if it were loose enough to allow breathing. Part of the satin ruffle forms a free flowing short sleeve for one shouder.

The front of the dress has a panel and the sides feature tiny horizontal ruching down the sides of the bodice and skirt.

Brooke's hair is wavy tonight, worn loosely and most of it is hanging on the sleeveless side of her dress.

Her dress would be lovely in many different colors and would be great for formal nights or seasonal cocktail parties. It is a glamourous dress, but, golly, Brooke has it tailored skin tight to herself!

Cori, David has always been a bit quirky, and that contributed to his marriage problems, according to Courtney. Kind of a big kid all the time and not a lot of adult.

Tonight's results show, Brooke is wearing a very short, rather strange looking gray dress. Part looks knit and part looks satin. I don't like it at all, but her hair is very pretty.

Kristin Chenowith is wearing a short, black sequined dress that would look good on a lot of women. Simple, yet lovely. She's so talented, and was wonderful in the original production of Wicked.

Heavysurf, anytime a dress, or whatever, pulls, it's too tight. I agree, her dress is way too tight.

Unlike last night when Kristin Chenowith wore an adorable dress, tonight she misses the mark with a black sparkling dress that has a bulky blouson top with one shoulder and a straight mid-thigh skirt. This style does not work on her...at least on my TV. The top hides her really cute figure. If I had her figure, I surely would not hide it in this style of dress. It might help if the blouson top were less poufy. Also the part of the hips where the blouson ends makes Kristin's hips look wider than they really are.

I swear that Brooke looks uncomfortable in her dress. It must be hard to walk and to breath in it. If they could add an inch to each seam, that dress could be a fabulous killer, knockout dress.

Martina McBride sings a sad, lovely song. She is wearing a white beaded mid-thigh shift with a black beaded linear circular pattern which creates an unfortunate optical illusion in some camera angles of bulging outward.

Chaz opens up about how judges have treated him compared to other overweight contestants, especially overweight women, on the show. He seems genuinely hurt and frustrated.

Hope also opened up too about the hurtful things said about her. Public criticism would be tough to take. If I were a celebrity, I don't think I'd ever consider going on DWTS.

WOW......they just replayed the "Maks Scene" from last night:eek:

He told Len maybe its time for him to get out?:eek:.....Maks is the

one who should GET OUT......talk about an Freakin Egomaniac.....

Now I see what ya'll were talking about....geeezzz..he thinks it is

"his show"............

Chaz was a gentleman about it, and had a good point about double stadards from Bruno. Although Chaz pretty much just walked through everything.

Speaking of which, did you see the reaction of the three judges when Maks said it was his show?? oh my, they couldn't believe that he said that, as after all, it's their show!!:) If you look at their backgrounds, Len is the only one qualified to judge ballroom. Maks isn't the first pro-dancer to react to them, as Derek and Mark have had their moments as well.

They need next season staged in the LA Collusium, as there's not enough room in that place for the egos involved.

Len and Bruno are also featured on Strictly Come Dancing, the British version with a couple of other judges. You won't be disappointed to know, that they get the same "quality" of program as we.

Here is one review of last night:

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/dancing-with-the-stars-chaz-bono-eliminated/

Hi from the west coast , just now getting a chance to get online. I also thought Chaz was very gracious. I also wonder if Max will be back next season or not, grudgingly I have to admit he does have some points as to the judges treating different stars on an unequal basis. And his ego is something also so are the judges ego's for goodness sake, they all share in that. But it will be interesting to see where this goes from here. It would be nice to see them all judged equal , but the call in votes still would make it uneven . So not really much can be done about that.

I did not care for Brookes dress , it was just too snug. I also did not care much for the dress Kristen Chenowith was waring this time , but I really do love to hear her sing. She is pint sized but what a voice.

Have a good week all.

Cori

Maks has never won. When Mel B. was his partner, he should have won but didn't.

I will admit, I LOVE Maks! but has a crazy ego! I can not believe he said it was his show. WOW!!! He will be eating a little humble pie I suspect. It is true however that the judges are bias. Chaz just marched around week after week, and ended with his arms in the air, and the judges just melted. Nancy grace marches around, and they beat her up for it.

Hope's costume was awful; I don't think I've ever seen such a baggy nothing on the show before. Brooke's dress was very blah, to me, and too tight.

When I watched Tuesday's show and they showed again Maks' statement about 'my show', with his explanation, it did make sense to me--I think he probably really did mean it in the sense of 'the show is my family', like we might say, 'my school' or 'my team' etc., but it came out really wrong. At least I hope so.

That said, I've never liked his attitude, no matter how good looking he is.

I was so disappointed with the judges this past show that I did not even want to post.... Thier behavior is something you would never see in a actual competition and they really need to examine thier behavior and attitude some....

Carrie Anne demanded respect from Max yet they lack respect for the dancers so what do they expect... The shot of them talking with each other about how bad Hope danced the rumba was nothing short of cruel, disrespectful to the dancer. Ballroom technique is hard stuff and perhaps if Carrie Anne or Bruno tried to compete themselves they would have a better appreciation of the effort that is being put in by these dancers.

Constructive comments are good, but when they step over the line and comment on personal apperances, cruel dance comments ect. this is unacceptable judge behavior. The judge standard of behavior has to be at the highest level. This week it was not.

Someone on a earier post said judges should be judgemental, no I disagree. One can and should judge without being judgemental. A judge should look at all the attributes of dance, technique, how one keeps in time to the music, how they express thier story of dance to the music, posture, balance, movement and use of the floor. This is what they should be judging, not anything else, not if they like the person, not even if one has improved from a prior week, not where they came from or thier own personal platform but simply the dance the are viewing.

You know in competition there are a minimum of 7 judges scoring a dance. The scores are averaged to avoid a single judge getting it wrong. You never speak with the judge or do they with you. Final scores are announced, the score is the score , end of story. Later, on line you can see the judges scores, but that happens days after the competition has ended.

I know this show is not actual competition but there are real people with real feelings, real dancers and I would also expect there to be real judges . This behavior could be far reaching so that your average person watching the show would not want to try to learn to dance. What a shame that would be.

Sorry for the rant, I was beyond bothered by this as you can tell!!!

LOL, BTW, I liked the style of Brooks dress, the fit not so much so.

Thank you smoothdancer for your input , I appreciate that information from someone who knows about dance. I have felt for a few seasons that the judges are a bit overboard on the comments, and the dancers and professionals have to be thick skins, and at times it get too much for them. So perhaps after Max's comments they might dial it back a bit , who knows. I thought when they replayed the episode and it show the judges and their snarky comments , it did not make them look too good either. OK I am off my soapbox now and done . :)

Cori

I absolutely agree that the judges have no business making snarky comments or talking about someone's appearance or weight or other criteria, such as how much they improved, or how brave they are, or how cute or whatever--or at least these should not be taken into account in their judging.

I was the one who said judges should be judgemental, but I did not mean judgemental in an inappropriate, personal negative way, I meant that they should be judging the dances, hopefully in an impartial way--though we know that often doesn't happen, even with 'real' judges at professional events.

We all know how biased judging can be; I'm thinking of figure skating events in the Olympics, for example. I do think it is appropriate for judges to critique form, steps, etc. and offer contsructive criticism--but it can be done nicely; they do get carried away with the 'funny' (often not) remarks. Cruelty is never right.

In real dance competitions do the judges make public comments about each dance pair like they do on this show? This show is show biz and over-the-top in many ways. I wish it was slightly more based on reality.

The judges are as much a part of this "Farsical" as the dancers and the music. As I don't compete, the majority of the criticisms of my dancing come from my wife; whom I find to be a reliable source.:rolleyes:

Smooth, last I heard you were dancing pro/am and also competed with your husband for years. What steps qualify you to become a judge? There has to be a certain level of confidence that you are being judged fairly.

As most of the pros on DWTS have won top American/International awards in competition, they probably have some very strong feelings about unjust criticism from unqualified "experts" and that has to come out at times!!:mad:

No Nebr, the judges never make comments on the dances or talk to the dancers at all. We are being scored not by a number like DWTS but a placement, 1st, 2nd 3rd ect. They score up to 6th place and say even if there were 20 people on the floor only the top 6th get scored and only the top three are winning cash prizes. There are certain things in a judges mind that carries more weight, for example dancing off time to music is weighted much heavier than anything else. Only if the scoring is super equal or close will apperance/grooming make the difference. I have to say in all these years there have only been a few times I felt we were not judged right. Right now my partner and I are consistantly scoring 3rd place in most of the dances.

Gene, judges go through a pretty intense certification process to be able to judge at a competition. During the certification process they must demonstrate every step, both the gent and ladies step, bronze thru gold and then open. I would say 90 % of the judges are retired prior professional ballroom dances, the remaining are dance coaches. A judge cannot be on the panel if one of thier own students is dancing. During the comp. there are usually 4 to 5 panels that rotate.The judges are pretty well respected by the dancers. Len is a certified judge while Carrie Anne and Bruno are not.

Here is a article written by one such well known judge on how the scoring works.

http://www.ballroomdance.net/How_a_Competition_is_Judged_.html

October 31, 2011, Halloween: Scared Shrekless. (Maybe I misspelled Shrek.)

Why am I disappointed this is a Dreamworks show?

We find Brooke in a long black wig with very straight ahir and bangs. She actually looks terrific in this wig. I think she is going for an Egyptian look--Nefertiti or Cleopatra, perhaps?

I am still waiting for the lengthy animated Shrek comedey to end., so I haven't seen Brooke's outfit yet, just her cool hair.

Archived