New Chef's Table Menu

antigualvr

I've eaten at both (Steakhouse on Carnival Conquest & Table on Carnival Ecstasy) and I personally prefer The Steakhouse when I compare it to the old menu (as opposed to the new one I'm seeing).

Considering what we received for $30 vs $75 previously, I just don't see a whole lot on the new menu which truly justifies the $40 price difference.

Others who have sampled the new menu may know better, though, so do let us know.

I, too, have had the CT booked for months for my cruise next week on the Destiny. The old menu used to make me drool, but this new one just doesn't excite me much or seem very special. I'll still attend, mainly for the experience and bc Destiny doesn't have a steakhouse...but I'm really hoping the old menu will still be served?

Do they have the menu displayed onboard where you sign up?

I, too, have had the CT booked for months for my cruise next week on the Destiny. The old menu used to make me drool, but this new one just doesn't excite me much or seem very special. I'll still attend, mainly for the experience and bc Destiny doesn't have a steakhouse...but I'm really hoping the old menu will still be served?

Do they have the menu displayed onboard where you sign up?

Hey Summer..I just thought of something. When I did the Chef Table on the Paradise in April, I guess they were still looking for people to sign up, so they had a table/booth type thing set up in the buffet area, and they had the menu there.

I wonder if they will do the same for our sailing..or if the Info desk might have the info on which menu?

I've had our reservation for some time when we are on the Magic in October, if the menu is this new one, we'll skip it and do an extra night in the Supper Club, the new menu is just not exciting.

I LOVE Sea Bass and was really looking forward to such a beautiful, exotic menu, the new one is definitely stuff I can make at home.

:mad::( Sad........... maybe it was just a fluke and they won't change it, otherwise I think they'll find less and less comers on the CT.

Cheers, Carole

I've had our reservation for some time when we are on the Magic in October, if the menu is this new one, we'll skip it and do an extra night in the Supper Club, the new menu is just not exciting.

I LOVE Sea Bass and was really looking forward to such a beautiful, exotic menu, the new one is definitely stuff I can make at home.

:mad::( Sad........... maybe it was just a fluke and they won't change it, otherwise I think they'll find less and less comers on the CT.

Cheers, Carole

"New and Improved" is, sadly, not always better! :(

Having said that - there is a chance we might give it a try in the future.

Tom

I don't know if I am going to spend that much money for me and my husband and mom with that new menu! We were really looking forward to splurging for my mom and I don't think I am quite the fan of this new food stuff. We will have to think about this one.

I tried to get a menu for Carnival Liberty (we have reservations for 3 at the CT) and received this email from CCL

Good evening,

Unfortunately I do not have a menu to provide for you. We are responsible for taking only the reservations.

However please be advised that it will be 7 course meal:3 starters, a salad , one fish entrée and one beef entrée, as well as dessert.

If you have any food allergies just advise to us and the chef will take care of the food for you.

Thank you

Regards,

Aleksandra Horvat

Steakhouse Manager, Carnival liberty

Carnival Cruise Lines

Ext 1078/1079 | Cell 32191 | e: listeakhouse@carnival.com

228840_226896877352881_144285012280735_613697_1172582_n.jpg

I think the aesthetics of the new menu suck, but the important part... the food... sounds great!

Have done similar on other lines and it was seriously the best meal I have ever had in my almost 30 years... But am I understanding correctly that this meal is 11 courses?

I think the aesthetics of the new menu suck, but the important part... the food... sounds great!

Have done similar on other lines and it was seriously the best meal I have ever had in my almost 30 years... But am I understanding correctly that this meal is 11 courses?

Actually a 7 course meal. 3 starters, a salad , one fish entrée and one beef entrée, as well as dessert.

I am starting to wonder if I should just cancel and go to the Steakhouse

Actually a 7 course meal. 3 starters, a salad , one fish entrée and one beef entrée, as well as dessert.

I am starting to wonder if I should just cancel and go to the Steakhouse

Given the new menu, I'd do the Steakhouse. If I want salmon and short rib, I'll go to the MDR.

Just off Valor 8/21-8/28. For what it's worth, we had the old menu, including the sea bass and filet (which I couldn't finish because I was so full :) )

I liked everything except the salad, which was only so-so.

Well, per John this menu is only on the Magic currently. He also said it is still subject to further revisions and adjustments.

"Its only here on the Carnival Magic so far and the design of the menu has been completley changed from the one you posted. It is not around the fleet yet as we are looking at maybe making more tweaks. I will follow up with this very soon mate. Cheers"

I think by design he is saying the crazy bubbles and the lack of capitals!

Does anyone know that "Chilean Sea Bass" is really Patagonian Toothfish, and is really an UGLY fish? Tasty, yes. Ugly, God yes!! The name came from someone who realized how yummy the fish was but could not sell it using it's real name. Gotta love PR people ;)

Just a little trivia there :)

I said I was not going to do the CT again, but if the menu changed, I would repeat it in a heart beat!

Well, per John this menu is only on the Magic currently. He also said it is still subject to further revisions and adjustments.

"Its only here on the Carnival Magic so far and the design of the menu has been completley changed from the one you posted. It is not around the fleet yet as we are looking at maybe making more tweaks. I will follow up with this very soon mate. Cheers"

Well now . . . . . .

:D

Thanks for that follow-up info. :)

OK....the old Chef Menu might be gone but it is not forgotten.

CT_Menu.gif

That was the most memorable, flavorful, fun meal-at-sea I've enjoyed.

OMG, THAT is what I signed up for! I will wait on comments from people who try the new menu, but I will probably cancel if it isn't great reviews. Sad, it is a great concept that we have enjoyed in other venues.

Archived