New Chef's Table Menu

antigualvr

How do you know there's a new Chef's Table menu? I have seen a couple that are different (from various ships) but so far those are the only ones I have noticed!

JH posted it on either his blog or FB (it was a picture of the new menu), plus there has been talk of it on the boards. Something about switching the Chilean Sea Bass with Cornish Game Hen and the Filet with Short Ribs? DH wasn't too enthused about the changes and wanted to see the whole menu.

I know sometimes they mix things up a bit, but overall the menu seems to be followed on the entire line.

If I am paying $75 I want my Sea Bass and my Filet!! I love the Chef's Table. I think it is the BEST meal of the whole week when we are cruising. It had better still be great since I am taking my mom when we go next.

Sea Bass and Filet... HISTORY...

OH WELL!

Tom

Okay - would love to see that too! (I like the idea of the cornish game hen but that filet was FABULOUS and I can't imagine replacing it with short ribs? )

If I remember correctly the short ribs were Kobo beef, but still. We love our sea bass! We did a private Chef's table at a restaurant here in Phoenix, and were shocked by the things we loved that we would NEVER order on a normal basis BUT...It is our 25th anniversary and want it to be perfect! DH doesn't like cornish game hens at all, lol.

If I remember correctly the short ribs were Kobo beef, but still. We love our sea bass! We did a private Chef's table at a restaurant here in Phoenix, and were shocked by the things we loved that we would NEVER order on a normal basis BUT...It is our 25th anniversary and want it to be perfect! DH doesn't like cornish game hens at all, lol.

Instead of Kobe, I think it's wagyu... which is much easier to get (read: $$)!

Cornish game hens -- you have to almost work for your food! :rolleyes:

Tom

Instead of Kobe, I think it's wagyu... which is much easier to get (read: $$)!

Cornish game hens -- you have to almost work for your food! :rolleyes:

Tom

Oh my goodness, the librarian in me is showing. I wrote Kobo (as in the eReader) instead of Kobe. :o

I hope the new menu is better than it sounds. The old one sounded MUCH better. We'll be doing next week so I'll find out soon!

We're sailing next Monday too (Destiny) and were wondering if the new CT menu has been officially rolled out yet..? Have you heard one way or the other?

I'm glad I had the chance to experience the previous menu...you can get salmon, short ribs, game hen (I thought) in the MDR. They also took away the beef carpaccio...which I also liked.

I agree. The cornish hens have flown the coop and are no longer on the menus in the MDR. They're nothing special though.

The short ribs we had in the MDR could not have been any better than they were!

Is the Chefs Table worth the $$$ if you do not eat seafood? I hope someone posts the menu on this thread. I have wanted to do this but I don't eat seafood (just shrimp) :(

When we went this spring there was a lady in the group who couldn't eat shellfish. The chef created different dishes just for her. She said they were wonderful.

Tim

Well what bunch of hooey... We made reservations long ago and even allocated an extra $150 in funship dollars already in the onboard account to pay for it long ago. With this menu maybe we will just do the steakhouse instead. Nothing on here really sounds all that appealing. As mentioned above you have the opportunity for ribs in the MDR. I understand that part of the experience is the location and presentation and limited access... but is that worth and extra $40 per person over the steakhouse?

Potato pebbles?

And isn't tuna banh mi a sandwich?

Every "bavarios" I can find is a fruit dessert that seems like a mouse type of thing... this menu has it with spinach and veggies.

Well what bunch of hooey... We made reservations long ago and even allocated an extra $150 in funship dollars already in the onboard account to pay for it long ago. With this menu maybe we will just do the steakhouse instead. Nothing on here really sounds all that appealing. As mentioned above you have the opportunity for ribs in the MDR. I understand that part of the experience is the location and presentation and limited access... but is that worth and extra $40 per person over the steakhouse? Potato pebbles? And isn't tuna banh mi a sandwich?

It most definitely is!

Archived