New Chef's Table Menu

antigualvr

As a new hire flight engineer 35 years ago I always had to eat the Chicken.

Now as a retired Captain....Looks like it is Chicken Again! :D

I'm not so sure that they are trying to save money so much as perhaps change menu's from time to time.

I will let you know after I dine at the Chef's Table on the Magic Trans Atlantic Crossing. (Which by the way is sold out)

I assume you mean the Chef's table is sold out? If so they may often add another night or two if there is further interest!

Looking forward to your CT 'review'! :)

We, too, are reserved for the CT on the 10/7 Spirit to MR.

I will SERIOUSLY consider canceling our reserv if once onboard I find out the bass and filet have been replaced by game hen and short ribs and instead make reservations for two nights at the Steakhouse. And in the process saving us $30 and being able to have a fine dining experience twice versus once.

This is the email I received from CCL, and I do not see poultry on there just 2 entrée one beef and one fish

Good evening.

Unfortunately I do not have a menu to provide for you. We are responsible for taking only the reservations.

However please be advised that it will be 7 course meal:3 starters, a salad , one fish entrée and one beef entrée, as well as dessert.

If you have any food allergies just advise to us and the chef will take care of the food for you.

Thank you

Regards,

Aleksandra Horvat

Steakhouse Manager, Carnival liberty

Carnival Cruise Lines

Ext 1078/1079 | Cell32191 | e: listeakhouse@carnival.com

We enjoyed the Chef's Table in April on the Carnival Triumph. We had calamari instead of whatever the seafood appetizer was on the menu posted. I think most of the rest was the same.

When we signed up, we did not see a menu. When the Chef came to meet with us a dinner in the MDR the day before the dinner, he did not share the menu with us. (Not in a mean way, he was outstanding and personable, and liked him immediately). It all was sort of a surprise.... and I was delighted!

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,,

printed the new Menu out in August.

As for the hors d´oeuvre: parmesan core & olives, chorizo & dates, focaccia (mascarpone cream & prosciutto crudo), langoustine & sundried tomato jam fritters

1. course: tomatoes our way: aerated tomato juice, cocoa butter coated, chardonnay poached

2. course: tuna banh mi: lemon bread, seasame crisp, miso cream, avocado gel

3. course: cornish hen: caramelized, butternut squash sofrito

4. course: bavarios: spinach, green peas, warm turnip & apple juice

5. course: salmon: herb pesto, cured tomatoes, carrots, fava, mushroom earth, condensed beets

6. course: wagyu: slow stewed short ribs, potato pebbles, pumpkin fudge, tomato dust

7. course: dessert: chef in a candy shop

Hope that helps?

We are trying it at the ta on the magic!

Greetings,

Sigi from Stuttgart, Germany

I am a very finicky eater and the original menu sounded like everything I would eat. The new menu is discouraging (I hate olives, salmon, mushroom and eating meat off of a bone) however, surprising my husband with this experience (we have done chef type tables and fine dining in the past) is the reason I am doing this. I hope he enjoys it.

Hi Everyone,,

printed the new Menu out in August.

As for the hors d´oeuvre: parmesan core & olives, chorizo & dates, focaccia (mascarpone cream & prosciutto crudo), langoustine & sundried tomato jam fritters

1. course: tomatoes our way: aerated tomato juice, cocoa butter coated, chardonnay poached

2. course: tuna banh mi: lemon bread, seasame crisp, miso cream, avocado gel

3. course: cornish hen: caramelized, butternut squash sofrito

4. course: bavarios: spinach, green peas, warm turnip & apple juice

5. course: salmon: herb pesto, cured tomatoes, carrots, fava, mushroom earth, condensed beets

6. course: wagyu: slow stewed short ribs, potato pebbles, pumpkin fudge, tomato dust

7. course: dessert: chef in a candy shop

Hope that helps?

We are trying it at the ta on the magic!

Greetings,

Sigi from Stuttgart, Germany

I will SERIOUSLY consider canceling our reserv if once onboard I find out the bass and filet have been replaced by game hen and short ribs and instead make reservations for two nights at the Steakhouse. And in the process saving us $30 and being able to have a fine dining experience twice versus once.
You are forgetting about the wine.I believe wine is included in the Chef's Table.

After you include a mid range wine ,the cost of a meal in the steak places gets closer to that of the Chef's Table

(unless they have replaced the vino with Koolaid.:p)

I believe the new menu is being prejudged harshly.

Just sailed the Conquest last week. DH and I did the Chefs Table and it still had the sea bass as well as the filet. It was easily the best thing we did the entire cruise! Even looking at what mught be the new menu, I would do it again no question. We booked it not knowing the menu anyway. The food was awesome, met some fun people, and the wine flowed freely!:)

sent 2 requests to John with no response (other than the automated message saying that my request was received). I also tried the steakhouse through the Carnival website, to no avail.

Leaving this Sunday on the Pride. Does anyone have the email address for the Pride? I'd like to try one more time before we board. Thanks!

Just give me some gooey-double-crusted cobbler and ice cream... :D

Tom

I'm with you on that one!!!

Here's a pic of our dessert plate from Chef's Table on the Destiny (and it looked better than it tasted - the 'white ribbon' was yucky and surprise that red thing on top of the cake upper right was a peppercorn! Be careful when you bite into that baby YIKES:eek:)

2172624650059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

It looks more like "Chef on Acid"! :eek:

Tom

LOL! I thought it was a picture of half eaten food...

Did the Chef's table on Legend last week. I'll never do it again. The filet was great but by the time we got it we were all so full no one could eat much of it. Shame to waste it. The sea bass was the best fish I've ever had and very moist. One of the best items was the mashed potatoes. They were so creamy. The Mediterrainian salad was gross. Very extravagant presentations.

I was seated next to a woman who talked for 3 1/2 hours about renting a houseboat in Paris. He husband wouldn't speak to her. I think the company brought the experience down a lot.

...The Mediterrainian salad was gross. ...

I have never cared for the salad either!

I was seated next to a woman who talked for 3 1/2 hours about renting a houseboat in Paris. He husband wouldn't speak to her. I think the company brought the experience down a lot.

Hmmm... we have never had that experience... :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

Tom

It looks more like "Chef on Acid"! :eek:

Tom

I didn't care for the look either, but it was kinda fun to take one of the crisps and dab it into a multitude of flavors, sampling each independently.

Definitely missed having the (usually) delicious sorbet.

That really just looks too busy -- way too much going on there...

Busy for sure!

Did the Chef's table on Legend last week. I'll never do it again. The filet was great but by the time we got it we were all so full no one could eat much of it. Shame to waste it.

My routine is to skip lunch entirely on the day of the Chef's Table. But even doing so, I was feeling quite 'stuffed' that evening last week.

Archived