New Chef's Table Menu

antigualvr

I'm with you on that one!!!

Here's a pic of our dessert plate from Chef's Table on the Destiny (and it looked better than it tasted - the 'white ribbon' was yucky and surprise that red thing on top of the cake upper right was a peppercorn! Be careful when you bite into that baby YIKES:eek:)

2172624650059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

That white strip looks like it might be a strip of fontant (maybe white chocolate flavored) ? If so why would any competent chef put a strip of fontant? YUCK! That goes on cakes to make it look nice, but generally speaking it tastes like ass...

That white strip looks like it might be a strip of fontant (maybe white chocolate flavored) ? If so why would any competent chef put a strip of fontant? YUCK! That goes on cakes to make it look nice, but generally speaking it tastes like ass...

...like I said it tasted 'YUCKY"!!! (but you have a better way with words! :D)

It seems to me (based solely on pictures I've seen) that Carnival equates over-the-top presentation with being "gourmet".

While I agree presentation does play a factor in foodie-land, I would take flavor and quality of ingredients any day over a crazy presentation... but that's just me...

Now I'm not saying they don't have the quality ingredients or flavor profiles - I'm just saying that they could probably "edit" the presentation a bit... sometimes simple is best! :D

That's exactly what that is.

I disagree (but then food is subjective)...if fondant is made properly, it actually tastes delicious. If it's not made well, it is typically flavorless and glue-like.

I enjoyed the dessert on the Chef's Table last year and look forward to the new menu. I heard back (finally) this afternoon and we're confirmed for the CT on the Pride next week. Hooray!

I disagree (but then food is subjective)...if fondant is made properly, it actually tastes delicious. If it's not made well, it is typically flavorless and glue-like.

I enjoyed the dessert on the Chef's Table last year and look forward to the new menu. I heard back (finally) this afternoon and we're confirmed for the CT on the Pride next week. Hooray!

maybe poured fondant? But cake /rolled fondant tastes pretty bad imho..

its described as

" Rolled fondant or fondant icing, which is not the same material as poured fondant, is commonly used to decorate wedding cakes. It includes gelatin (or agar in vegetarian recipes) and food-grade glycerine, which keep the sugar pliable and creates a dough-like consistency. It can also be made using powdered sugar and melted marshmallows. Rolled fondant is rolled out like a pie crust and used to cover the cake. This gives the cakes a smooth appearance. "

here's a recipe:

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Fondant

sure it may taste good/okay to some people but I definitely think fondant is out of place on that plate (if it is indeed rolled fondant) ..

Just my opinion though :)

Note it's poured fondant in a cadbury creme egg. YUM to that one !!

maybe poured fondant? But cake /rolled fondant tastes pretty bad imho..

its described as

" Rolled fondant or fondant icing, which is not the same material as poured fondant, is commonly used to decorate wedding cakes. It includes gelatin (or agar in vegetarian recipes) and food-grade glycerine, which keep the sugar pliable and creates a dough-like consistency. It can also be made using powdered sugar and melted marshmallows. Rolled fondant is rolled out like a pie crust and used to cover the cake. This gives the cakes a smooth appearance. "

here's a recipe:

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Fondant

sure it may taste good/okay to some people but I definitely think fondant is out of place on that plate (if it is indeed rolled fondant) ..

Just my opinion though :)

Note it's poured fondant in a cadbury creme egg. YUM to that one !!

The fondant at the chef's table tasted like sweet playdoe.

I don't recall the chef describing that white strip as fondant and it didn't have that consistancy. I have a hazy recollection that it was a coconut jelly type of concoction.

I don't recall the chef describing that white strip as fondant and it didn't have that consistancy. I have a hazy recollection that it was a coconut jelly type of concoction.

I took a small nibble of it during (at least) two different CT's, and set it aside as decoration!

Tom

I put in for Chef's Table on Legend in Oct. last week and haven't heard back yet. When we did the Chef's Table on Miracle last Jan. I heard back in a couple of days. Wonder if I should make another request?

Pat

How disappointing! I have never eaten at the Chef's Table, but was thinking about trying it out on the Magic this December. I would LOVE to see the "new" menu when and if someone can find it.

I made my reservations over a year in advance. I have faith in the Chef.

I put in for Chef's Table on Legend in Oct. last week and haven't heard back yet. When we did the Chef's Table on Miracle last Jan. I heard back in a couple of days. Wonder if I should make another request?

Pat

Pat, just go online thru the Steakhouse reservation system and put ' Chefs Table ' in with your name. I did this and got a response back the next day. As a matter of fact they told me there would be two CT nights on our cruise and asked me which I'd prefer. Much easier and efficient than trying to go thru JH.

Pat, just go online thru the Steakhouse reservation system and put ' Chefs Table ' in with your name. I did this and got a response back the next day. As a matter of fact they told me there would be two CT nights on our cruise and asked me which I'd prefer. Much easier and efficient than trying to go thru JH.

We had 3 CT nights on our last cruise on the Spirit.

Archived