I know I should understand.... but

smurf1635

I know I should understand this, but I just dont quite get it. I booked my upcoming cruise directly thru Princess. If I chose to transfer it, can it transfer at the price I paid or would I be charged today's going price? I'm thinking the only real advantage would be if the price was as low as or lower than what I've paid, with or without some sort of obc?

What about after final payment date?

Thank you so much!

You can transfer your booking at anytime from Princess or any agent to another company as long as you do it before final payment. The only reason you'd want to transfer your booking is to get a lower price or the shipboard credit. Some agents will match a competitor's price so check for that first. I'm not sure why else you'd want to transfer your booking.

After the final payment basically nothing can be changed.

Hope this helps.

You can transfer your cruise to any TA that will accept the booking, and a good discount TA will give you a lesser price than what you have paid directly through Princess, This has to be done before final payment, you can not transfer after the final payment date.

Thank you. I have one week till final payment, I guess I need to get it in gear. I'm happy with the price I paid, have never seen it advertised for lower any where, but it can't hurt to have a look around and see whats out there.
Definitely look around. You might get not only a lower price but perks as well. It's always worth researching and looking. You lose nothing.

Thank you. I have one week till final payment, I guess I need to get it in gear. I'm happy with the price I paid, have never seen it advertised for lower any where, but it can't hurt to have a look around and see whats out there.

Check around. You should be able to find TAs offering either a lower price, or some OBC or both.

My TA has always been able to come up with a better price than I can get through Princess directly. He generally gives us some onboard credit as well. Even if the price has gone up, you can transfer your booking at the price you're currently booked at--and the TA can figure our whether he or she can discount from that price.

My TA has always been able to come up with a better price than I can get through Princess directly. He generally gives us some onboard credit as well. Even if the price has gone up, you can transfer your booking at the price you're currently booked at--and the TA can figure our whether he or she can discount from that price.

That is the part I've been missing all this time. I thought to transfer I'd have to pay the TA's current price. I learned today that this is not true. I am down to the wire with final payment, so I chose to not make that transfer at this time, due to the holiday weekend, only 5 business days left. But did learn that next time I find a price I like, to just "hold" the cabin and then call the TA, unless I smarten up and call the TA first!

That is the part I've been missing all this time. I thought to transfer I'd have to pay the TA's current price. I learned today that this is not true. I am down to the wire with final payment, so I chose to not make that transfer at this time, due to the holiday weekend, only 5 business days left. But did learn that next time I find a price I like, to just "hold" the cabin and then call the TA, unless I smarten up and call the TA first!

You still have time to transfer the booking. You should put your cruise out on the site where different companies "compete" for your business. www.cruiseXXXXXX dot com. You will get several online travel agents giving you quotes very quickly. Can't come out and name the site but if you put the above information together, you should understand where to go.

Archived