My Experience in CL with Kids

klove613

We have been in a few concierge lounges and we have never been asked to pour our "drink to go" in a paper cup - friends of ours cruise frequently as well and have done so because they were told they had to - we had a group in March on the Freedom and we all got up (8) of us with our "drinks to go" and the conceriege waved good-bye to us and said - have a great dinner - we didn't come back because we ate late - but the next day nothing was said about the drinks being carried out - so I am thinking its up to the concierge to decide if he or she should say anything - While we were in the lounge - lots of people walked in in the day clothes - ordered a drink and walked right out of the lounge with it - Maybe it will be different on our upcoming cruise on the Jewel, we'll have to wait and see:)

So you got there early to get a seat and then witnessed Bartenders topping off drinks at closing time? Wow! Now that is what should be stopped. This is supposed to be a before or after dinner drink lounge, not a 3 1/2 hour booze fest. This is what is going to ruin it for everyone, not the kids.

Woooo, hold your horses. Many times we have a drink or two or three, leave the lounge, eat and come back to have another drink AT CLOSING!!! Sure doesn't mean we stay for 3 1/2 either.;)

Repeat cruises meet lots of old pals from previous cruises in the lounge. That's the best part of being in the concierge lounge. We don't always get a seat and sure don't mind standing, talking and laughing with others.

Life is too short for these silly squabbles and attacks.

Please, be nice everyone.

I have been reading this for days now. We are top tier clients and always book OS + and above incl. RS. It is really true that the Princess and HAL have killer perks we are Elite on Princess and many cruises on HAL, but we like RCCL. We have no children and we really could give a grunt if children are allowed in the CL. If children are creating problems we whould mention it to the Concierge and get a drink to go. Just our 2 cents worth.

Yep - that is exactly what we plan to do next week. We've always had suites - no children - we do not think the concierge is our personal assistant as some do - and we expect if the CL is overcrowded or disruptive, to remove ourselves and our drinks.

Either way it won't stop us from having a good time - however since we measure our cruise picks by itinerary and ability to relax on our terms and of course ROI... it'll be a factor as with any else... :cool:

Woooo, hold your horses. Many times we have a drink or two or three, leave the lounge, eat and come back to have another drink AT CLOSING!!! Sure doesn't mean we stay for 3 1/2 either.;)

Repeat cruises meet lots of old pals from previous cruises in the lounge. That's the best part of being in the concierge lounge. We don't always get a seat and sure don't mind standing, talking and laughing with others.

exactly! We go in to chat with our cruising friends that have early dining, they leave, we get dressed come back, have a drink then go to late dinner....doesn't mean we're there the whole 3.5 hours either! It's all about the social time for us!

Agreed.[/QUOTe

Then you all have not been on this message board very much! Next cruise I will be joining my daughter in the teen zone.

I'm sure that will be the highlight of her cruise:D

I don't believe that your going to the teen zone is going to settle or solve your disagreement with RCI's decision to allow kids in the CL. You have made it clear during this thread (of which I heave read every post) that you are unhappy with the outcome...and I don't believe that you have even cruised since the change was put into place so you have no first hand knowledge of what the experience will be like!!! But saying you are going to the teen zone? Time to put on our big girl pants and stop carrying on;) BOA is cutting 30,000 jobs; this is pretty trivial-don't you agree?

I don't believe that your going to the teen zone is going to settle or solve your disagreement with RCI's decision to allow kids in the CL. You have made it clear during this thread (of which I heave read every post) that you are unhappy with the outcome...and I don't believe that you have even cruised since the change was put into place so you have no first hand knowledge of what the experience will be like!!! But saying you are going to the teen zone? Time to put on our big girl pants and stop carrying on;) BOA is cutting 30,000 jobs; this is pretty trivial-don't you agree?

Excuse me for interupting but I do believe this was meant to be a joke. Please correct me if I am wrong.:rolleyes:

I saw the USA Today story about this yesterday and my question is "what is next?" Will RCCL start allowing anyone to use the Solarium pools and totally do away with all "adult only" areas? If folks have kids and travel with them, great (wish my parents would have :o) but we do not have children and for us, personally, we liked having an adult only area where we could relax before dinner and I am disappointed that RCCL has changed their rules with regards to the CL during happy hour. Just my two cents.

We are not talking about BOA on this thread. We are discussing changes to the concierge lounge. Try to stay with us on this.:rolleyes:

Excuse me for interupting but I do believe this was meant to be a joke. Please correct me if I am wrong.:rolleyes:

Please note the smiley face- I get that it was a joke. My point was that the post was immature (if you take away my adult CL I'm going to retaliate by going to the teen club). Hence the big girl pants remark. Sorry if I wasn't clear;)

We are not talking about BOA on this thread. We are discussing changes to the concierge lounge. Try to stay with us on this.:rolleyes:

Have been, all along. Not trying to hijack the thread- just expressing my opinion.

Have been, all along. Not trying to hijack the thread- just expressing my opinion.

My opinion is that adults would like a space without children and I am sure that the children would like a place without grumpy old people. So, I do not think that it was an immature comment and I do have my size 20 big girl panties on (now that is an immature comment)

My opinion is that adults would like a space without children and I am sure that the children would like a place without grumpy old people. So, I do not think that it was an immature comment and I do have my size 20 big girl panties on (now that is an immature comment)

.......THAT"S WHY GOD CREATED HOLLAND AMERICA ON THE EIGHTH DAY.........full of grumpy old people void of children...;)

Actually I don't want to drink with grumpy old people either.

So you got there early to get a seat and then witnessed Bartenders topping off drinks at closing time? Wow! Now that is what should be stopped. This is supposed to be a before or after dinner drink lounge, not a 3 1/2 hour booze fest. This is what is going to ruin it for everyone, not the kids.

give me a break...:rolleyes: like i have nothing better to do than sit in the CL for 3 1/2 hours for a booze fest...

NO, au contraire...i went in for a beverage or 2 before dinner and then most of us went back later....to converse, etc...I got a coke, if it's any of your concern, which it is not....

trying to provide information here, not get attacked for my EXPERIENCE on ONE CRUISE on ONE SHIP.

thank you booze brothers....;)

thank you Meg and Mimi!!!!

It is great to just say to friends we have met on cruises previously ......see you in the CL 6ish or just to know that is the standard meeting place for a beverage or update on each others activities. We may not be dining together as we may not have know said persons were on this cruise, we may be dining with family....so for us its a great place to meet up. We like our GS and the perks. When we are on Allure the diamond lounge was awesome and we will be diamond plus next voyage on her.

I was told thru Adam Goldstien's office that there could never be more than 5 kids in the CL lounge at one time.. now of course if that's 5 screaming babies that could affect my 'adult' happy hour ...

I was told thru Adam Goldstien's office that there could never be more than 5 kids in the CL lounge at one time.. now of course if that's 5 screaming babies that could affect my 'adult' happy hour ...

Imagine the poor concierge having to tell someone that the kid quota has been met and they will have to wait until some kids leave?

Can you imagine if the concierge has to tell that family with the 6th child,they can't go in??:eek::eek::eek:

We went to the CL on our cruise on the Liberty in 2010. The 1st nite it was a treat and novelty. We had a 7PM dinner reservation and I was 1 of the first to be there at 5pm. Never been there and it was great. Champagne, snacks. Just lovely. Stayed till 7. 2nd nite I parked my tush there after 5, had 1 drink and ordered another to go and 1 for my friend who was still getting dressed.My point is : Don't ask the Concierge "may, I take drinks out." Just get them and go! You are spending plenty money to have the privilege of being there - do what you want. You are not bothering anyone. Regarding all the posts recently about the Concierges allowing kids in - They are not supposed to. On the RCCL website it clearly says that kids are not allowed in the lounges between 5 and 8pm. I personally do not care as long as the kids are not bothering me, but for those who do care, make a complaint and you will see how fast this changes!

Imagine the poor concierge having to tell someone that the kid quota has been met and they will have to wait until some kids leave?

Can you imagine if the concierge has to tell that family with the 6th child,they can't go in??:eek::eek::eek:

That's going to go over quite well...:rolleyes:

We went to the CL on our cruise on the Liberty in 2010. The 1st nite it was a treat and novelty. We had a 7PM dinner reservation and I was 1 of the first to be there at 5pm. Never been there and it was great. Champagne, snacks. Just lovely. Stayed till 7. 2nd nite I parked my tush there after 5, had 1 drink and ordered another to go and 1 for my friend who was still getting dressed.My point is : Don't ask the Concierge "may, I take drinks out." Just get them and go! You are spending plenty money to have the privilege of being there - do what you want. You are not bothering anyone. Regarding all the posts recently about the Concierges allowing kids in - They are not supposed to. On the RCCL website it clearly says that kids are not allowed in the lounges between 5 and 8pm. I personally do not care as long as the kids are not bothering me, but for those who do care, make a complaint and you will see how fast this changes!

Obviously you aren't up on the news.

That's interesting- his blog mentions 5 ...but in a different context:

"Some factual context: although parents with children under the age of 21 who are CL eligible have been consistently requesting the right to have their family members with them in the CL before dinner, there are relatively few of these families. On average there are five guests under the age of 21 per cruise who are from CL-eligible suites. Some percentage of those would not want to be in the CL so the actual effect on the CL will be minimal"

Archived