Prisendam laundry

Ontariotrekker

The laundry by the bag service on the Prinsendam is also very good. $20 for all you can force into the bag -- they do not guarantee it for 48 hours but last two times we were on board (April-May, 2011 and July-August of 2010) it came back usually within 24 hours or less. We sent EVERYTHING and it sure beats spending time in the laundry - but admittedly we are four star mariners. We remember our days in cruise ship laundry rooms all too well.

On the Pdam this Spring, the machines were always quite busy, and people got quite "defensive" I heard about them…use the bag laundry and save yourself a LOT of time…the laundry by the bag, if you roll and stuff, like you were stuffing a pillow, can be quite reasonable…and it all comes back ironed! Hubby's undershirts were on hangers! No shrinkage (the hot water shrinkage myth is always around..me thinks it might be something else?)…highly recommend.

Well, since I'd rather not stand in line for a clothes dryer ( shades of our newly wed apartment days), I think I'll do the dunk/rinse/hang thing for our smalls and let HAL deal with our slacks and shirts etc. I do wish that other lines would consider the so much per bag thing especially on a long or grand voyage. thanks Shar

Archived