Champagne Snorkel excursion

NorthCarolinaBelle

If this is in St. Thomas, there was a thread that talked about snorkeling. Here's an excerpt.

icon1.gifSt-thomas snorkeling

Please don't go on the St John Half Day Champagne Cat , I did it last year it's a total waste of time and money !

No fish and no champagne !

Germain

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1473182

We will be in the Southern Carribean in Feb on Summit. Has anybody gone on the Champagne Snorkel cruise ship excursion?

Do you mean the Champagne Reef in Dominica? We have our own equipment and hired a taxi to take us to this location. Great snorkeling. They call it Champagne Reef because gas leaks out of the rocks and the sun shines on it giving it the appearance of golden Champagne.

Very cool and no one was up there. A little rocky getting in, but worth the effort.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Do you mean the Champagne Reef in Dominica? We have our own equipment and hired a taxi to take us to this location. Great snorkeling. They call it Champagne Reef because gas leaks out of the rocks and the sun shines on it giving it the appearance of golden Champagne.

Very cool and no one was up there. A little rocky getting in, but worth the effort.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

We visited Champagne Reef with Levi from buumpingtours. What a fantastic guy and an amazing tour. Would love to return to this beautiful island.

If you are talking about Champagne Reef in Dominica, we have snorkeled there 3 times and love the place. But not need to take an overpriced excursion. The reef is very close to shore and you can get there from a shore path. It is possible to get out to the site by a taxi (costs about $15 for a couple) or you can even use a local bus. Once at the site there is a small entrance fee (it is a national park) and there is a pathway down to the water. It is a little difficult at the water end because its a bit rocky at the area where you enter the water. There are always plenty of folks around and its a lot of fun. The place where you pay also has a small snack bar and bar with some tables and picnic benches.

Hank

If this is in St. Thomas, there was a thread that talked about snorkeling. Here's an excerpt.

icon1.gifSt-thomas snorkeling

Please don't go on the St John Half Day Champagne Cat , I did it last year it's a total waste of time and money !

No fish and no champagne !

Germain

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1473182

We did this one on Princess last year, they probably use similar providers..we had a blast! I admit it wasn't real champagne, but it was one of the most fun ship shore excursions we've ever done.

Thanks for all your replies! I was talking about the Celebrity excursion on Dominica called "Champagne Snorkel Excursion" which is a catamaran that takes you straight out to the champagne reef for snorkeling. It sounds good, but I just wondered if anyone had taken it. Thanks!

Unless you're intent on just doing that, I would look at booking a tour with Levi Bumpping. Spent the day with him in January - he took us to Titou Gorge, Trafallgar Falls and then Champagne Reef. Great day on a beautiful island. Dominica is one of my favs!

We're considering that, too. Lots of good words about him!

Just wondering what "lcmslady" stands for: Are you by chance of the Lutheran persuasion?:D

Actually, yes......:) born and raised. Although I recently defected and am now attending a Presbyterian church, I didn't want to have to change everything here.

Archived