NextCruise

judie43

I did a search and couldn't find too much. We were planning on booking our next cruise while we are on the Brilliance next month. However,since the prices of our Brilliance cruise dropped dramatically when the final payment was made,we are thinking of taking a chance and booking after final payment date for our Caribbean cruise in the spring. How does next cruise work ? Can we make a deposit and pick our cruise later ?

I did a search and couldn't find too much. We were planning on booking our next cruise while we are on the Brilliance next month. However,since the prices of our Brilliance cruise dropped dramatically when the final payment was made,we are thinking of taking a chance and booking after final payment date for our Caribbean cruise in the spring. How does next cruise work ? Can we make a deposit and pick our cruise later ?

That's how it works. They take $100 deposit from you onboard. It never expires, so you call up to pick your cruise whenever you are ready and give another $100 deposit at that time. At least that's how mine was done two weeks ago. :D

That's how it works. They take $100 deposit from you onboard. It never expires, so you call up to pick your cruise whenever you are ready and give another $100 deposit at that time. At least that's how mine was done two weeks ago. :D

There is actually an expiration date...but they are good for like 6 years.

you take a big chance in hoping for a big price drop because spring can be in season whereas fall is off season

you take a big chance in hoping for a big price drop because spring can be in season whereas fall is off season

Yea...I agree....I wouldn't compare to much what happened on a Med Oct sailing to a spring Caribbean sailing....especially if it's anytime March thru mid April.

When did they start adding an expiration date to NextCruise bookings?:eek::confused:

Not sure...but in a conversation with the loyalty ambassador last time I had asked if there was any time limit....she told me that there was either a 6 or 7 year expiration to them.....if I look at the certificate it say that there is no expiration date....but she clearly told me when I purchased them the last time that I had up to 6 years to use it.

Not sure...but in a conversation with the loyalty ambassador last time I had asked if there was any time limit....she told me that there was either a 6 or 7 year expiration to them.....if I look at the certificate it say that there is no expiration date....but she clearly told me when I purchased them the last time that I had up to 6 years to use it.

Thanks Steve. :)

and how much is the onboard credit...

The OBC will be determined by the number of nights you cruise.

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

And if you are a C&A Member and book a balcony here are the Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

Booking on board will get you an OBC along with either a balcony discount or the ability to use a C&A Savings Certificate if one becomes available for your cruise.

Well, my NextCruise paper that I received (two weeks ago onboard Oasis of the Seas) clearly states "no expiration, non-refundable" and I was told by numerous staff that there is no expiration. You might want to double check what you were told, because I'm pretty sure it's wrong. If I took the word of one staff member and didn't check and double check to confirm, I would've been stuck with a lot of wrong information through the years. I would definitely double check that.

In addition, when booking a NextCruise onboard, you can also get two Friends & Family certificates which allows others who join you on the cruise also get the OBC benefit. They have 30 days from the time you convert the NextCruise to a specific booking to take advantage of the offer.

Well, my NextCruise paper that I received (two weeks ago onboard Oasis of the Seas) clearly states "no expiration, non-refundable" and I was told by numerous staff that there is no expiration. You might want to double check what you were told, because I'm pretty sure it's wrong. If I took the word of one staff member and didn't check and double check to confirm, I would've been stuck with a lot of wrong information through the years. I would definitely double check that.

I thought that deposit was fully refundable up until final payment date, after you pick cruise date.

I have been told this more than once....at first I was told the same thing....there is no expiration date...and that is exactly what it says on my certificates also....however in telling me verbally that there was NO EXPIRATION...they corrected themselves and added "there actually is an expiration but it's like 6 or 7 years". We all know how clear Royal is on rules:rolleyes:

I have never worried about it due to the fact that I will never hold a certificate that long anyways.

Thanks for the info everyone. Another question...can you buy more than one? I would like to get another one for the couple that will be sailing with us in the spring.

You can purchase as many as you like. In fact, you can just put one person's name on the booking when you create it on board. When you convert it, you will add the other person's name and pay the additional reduced deposit.

I thought that deposit was fully refundable up until final payment date, after you pick cruise date.

NextCruise bookings have a non-refundable deposit of $100pp. You don't need to cancel a NC booking because no further money is due until FP day. If you never use it, you will lose your initial deposit.

Deposits made on specific cruises booked are refundable.

Question on the "next cruise" friends & family certificate. Our cruising friends had a "next cruise" and when they finally booked a cruise, we booked the same cruise within the 30 days. They gave us a friends/family certificate to use so that we could receive a $100 OBC....now, they are not going. Question: Do we lose the OBC because they are not going?:confused:

Question on the "next cruise" friends & family certificate. Our cruising friends had a "next cruise" and when they finally booked a cruise, we booked the same cruise within the 30 days. They gave us a friends/family certificate to use so that we could receive a $100 OBC....now, they are not going. Question: Do we lose the OBC because they are not going?:confused:

Good question. I would call and find out, but I would say no, you won't lose anything.

The Certificates for F&F are identified through the person that received them on the ship. I would say that even though they canceled, you should not be penalized and lose your benefits.

Good question. I would call and find out, but I would say no, you won't lose anything.

The Certificates for F&F are identified through the person that received them on the ship. I would say that even though they canceled, you should not be penalized and lose your benefits.

Thank you Patti. Next time I call, I will ask and then I will post rcl answer.

We've been doing a 'next cruise' every year for the last few years. I was always told that there was no expiration date on the certificate, but used it every year so that didn't really matter. We always cruise in the summer and then pick the next year's cruise around Feb and use the certificate.

This year the loyalty ambassadors on the Enchantment were really pushing the next cruise but wanted you to pick the cruise you wanted to use it on then. They even told me if we did an open ended 'next cruise' the deposit wasn't refundable, but if we picked the cruise and decided to cancel we could get our deposit back. We just happen to know what cruise we're planning for next year because they are doing a slightly new itinerary out of Baltimore which includes an overnite in Bermuda, so I booked that.

I just figured people are holding onto the certificates too long and cruising other lines, this makes you cruise RCCL again within the next couple of years (since that's how far out the cruises are listed for).

You can purchase as many as you like.

I was told by the Loyalty Ambassador onboard when I purchased my NextCruise certificates that there was a limit of two that could be purchased on each cruise. I could buy two during that cruise, then two more during my next cruise, etc.

That only applied to NextCruise certificates. I could book as many specific cruises as I wanted.

I was told by the Loyalty Ambassador onboard when I purchased my NextCruise certificates that there was a limit of two that could be purchased on each cruise. I could buy two during that cruise, then two more during my next cruise, etc.

That only applied to NextCruise certificates. I could book as many specific cruises as I wanted.

That must be something new.:eek:

It is charged directly to your CC and not your SeaPass...but it has always been my experience that they have just pulled my CC from my SP account and never asked for a CC.

Our experience has been like yours.......they use the CC that is on file. However, on our Jewel cruise last September and more recently on our Enchantment cruise this past April, both LA's asked for our Credit Card while we were sitting there watching her confirm the bookings. We gave her the card and watched her enter the CC information into the computer.

Archived