Three Star Mariners Get Higher Prices?!

Megsie1000

You're right.

We are four star Mariners and I found the low rate when I searched on Monday night.

We're 3 stars and I was quoted the higher rate. DW's number is tied to a Florida zip code and mine to a Tenneessee zip. I even used my DD's 2 star # in OH and got the higher rate.

We are most definitely not a port state. LMAO

OK, so I am SO pleased to report that we were finally successful today. I am doing the happy dance! :D

Our success was due in no small part to the advice I was given here, so thank you, thank you, thank you!

To put a cherry on top of the whole thing, they also reduced our cabin another $100 so I am now down to the low fare that I could see for that J cabin, too. Overall our cabin is down $480 from two days ago and my parents' cabin is down $1000. Woohoo.

. ;)

Congrats. It pays to be persistent.

I too am very glad this worked out and everything is fixed. Now go and have a fantastic cruise and a wonderful time :) don't let this experience tarnish it and just enjoy:) and of course, if you have time when you get back let us know what you thought;)

I remembered this thread and thought I'd post a somewhat similar experience.

My DW and I are both 1 star Mariners. However, when I price our cruise on the Oosterdam in December using her number, the price shows as $800 less for a VC cabin then when I use my number. Seems odd since we're the same status. The only thing I can think of is that we had a linked booking with my brother and now the promo brochures from HAL list my brother's name and her name on them, but not mine. So, it may be that HAL has her linked to my brother in some way and he's at least a two star Mariner.

Go figure!

UPDATE: When I plug in my brother's number, his pricing is $100 less than my DW, which I'd expect given that he has more cruises on HAL. However, that seems to negate the linking of their Mariner accounts since the pricing isn't consistent.

Archived