Jewel ?

39august

Does Jewel still have the original Seaview Cafe and menu? When does she go into dry dock next, please? Hoping to sail on her before she gets "Oasisized". Also, I have read that any first cruise back from a TA cruise is later to board as all crew have to go thru' immigration. Can anyone tell me what is the typical boarding time for JOS on her first cruise out of Boston after her TA?

Seaview cafe is still alive and well on the Jewel with the original menu. Not sure of when the drydock is, just search on the schedule and it will tell you.

As far as the "typical" boarding time on the first sailing after the TA, I am not sure what it has been in the past. i do know my Mom is on this year's first sailing after the TA on September 17th so I can tell you when she is allowed to board in a few weeks. I know she is getting to the pier around 11am if her car service is on time. I usually take her but I will be out of town. I can post though after she calls me from the Schooner Bar as she enjoys her first gin and tonic.;)

Not sure if this is typical - but - We were on the first Radiance sailing after the TA last year and the ship was several hours delayed in allowing passengers to board. They did mention something about all staff and crew needing to go through immigration. I don’t recall the specific time frame but I think the first passengers boarded about 1:30 pm. It was very hectic inside the terminal.

I have not heard of any significant changes to the ship.

M

i do know my Mom is on this year's first sailing after the TA on September 17th so I can tell you when she is allowed to board in a few weeks.

Is your mom a member on this board? If so, has she listed herself on the roll call page. I'm on that same cruise along with 17 other couples from my Sunday School group at church.

Is your mom a member on this board? If so, has she listed herself on the roll call page. I'm on that same cruise along with 17 other couples from my Sunday School group at church.

Yes, she is all signed up.

Hopefully, Maria doesn't end up being an issue for that cruise. Still way too early to tell, maybe she will make a big turn out to sea.

Yes, she is all signed up.

Hopefully, Maria doesn't end up being an issue for that cruise. Still way too early to tell, maybe she will make a big turn out to sea.

Agreed. My minister of music was asking me the same thing about Maria tonight. I'm sure the storm will have passed by the time we arrive in Boston. I just hope it doesn't do any damage.

Archived