What's your cruise tradition?

Roadtripster

board as early as we can, go to the buffet call our frens who arent cruising with us and say 'guess where we are' and they always do the same.

after lunch we head to our cabin drop off the bags and hubby and i HUG and say "we are here";)!!!

Hi Jan,

I could see you calling your friends who are cruising :D

Ours is probably kind of nutty but, we do ours before.....We watch every movie that has a cruise ship in it about a week before inlcuding Titanic! LOL!

I do this too!! I always watch any movie with a ship before I cruise, including Titanic and Poseidon.

I always listen to certain songs before the cruise. I can't take a cruise without listening to "Leaving on a Jet Plane" when I'm at the airport en route to the cruise and "Seven Seas by Babyface. Maybe we should start a thread on what songs people listen to before they cruise, lol.

Our cuise rituals are small and wouldn't make sense to most people! I cruise with my two sons. First, I ALWAYS bring along Jimmy Buffett's book, "A Pirate Looks at 50" (a GREAT cruise read, btw!). Also, we always bring along our little DVD player and a few favorite movies. I don't think ANY of us could fall asleep on a cruise ship without that little player showing "Remember the Titans"! It's just one of those things. Gotta have it!

Interesting thread. I almost never have the drink of the day EXCEPT for the first sail-away. Don't know why, but it sets the tone of fun. I have taken 4 cruises, about to do my 5th, but this is only the second time I have cruised with my husband of nearly 30 years. We seem to be developing a trend of sailing during Valentine's week, a 2nd year tradition that I think we'll continue. Laurie

Im with you Starfish, as soon as I clear checkin its off to the Lido Deck for lunch and a couple of cool drinks. Wife and I enjoy seeing all the happy people ready to cruise. As soon as the cabin is ready, its drop the bags off and head to the Lido Deck again to have a couple of more cool drinks, listen to the band and watch us sail away.

On every cruise, we always took a photo clad in our lifejacket, ready to head to our muster station. This was our tradition. In the last couple of years, they've done away with the necessity to wear the life jacket so that's now the end of a long tradition :(. We take a photo of us in the cabin, pointing to the muster station sign on the back of the door, but it's just not the same. Luckily, they still have the DOD, and we absolutely have to have a DOD in hand as the ship sails away.

I put together a "cruise mix," a bunch of songs that I really enjoy and want to listen to while we're at sea. This year, my husband is including some music from Pirates of the Caribbean. We always have that type of music in our heads when we're visiting forts, lol!!!

My husband and I look forward to breakfast on our balcony just about every day of the cruise. We tried it once and were hooked. It's nice to have time to ourselves every morning, with a fantasic view.

At least one clear night, we turn out all the lights in the stateroom and on the balcony, and watch the stars. When we're that far out on the ocean, it looks like you can reach out and touch them. Beautiful!

Archived