Diamonds in December

Today, on a whim, I booked a cruise for December. I don't know what came over me. I just couldn't help myself and before I knew it I had a reservation number. :eek: Perhaps I need therapy. :rolleyes:

Anyway on to my point. Those of you who have sailed during the Diamonds in December event over the last 2 years what does it involve?

The website says special recognition from all staff members. How do they know if you're a first time cruiser or a Pinacle member unless you walk around with your seapass taped to your forehead. :D

Special commereative gifts? Any thoughts on this?

I know the cruise points are doubled or tripled if in a suite but other than that what else?

I'm just basically looking for a little input from those that have done it in the past.

I actually use my metal water bottle from last year (at least the one I can find) ... it is sitting on the desk in my office and is used for instant iced tea. ;)

Last year there was a letter asking cruisers to wear their pin for recognition. Seemed a bit too much to me, though we usually threw them on when we went to the Diamond Events.

They gave these huge heavy magnetic badges. I think there is a thread where someone posted a photo. We never wore them but they make great refrigerator magnets. We also got a large sturdy beach bag ( one for each of us ) and a metal type water bottle ( also one for each) . We did a B2B so we came home with 4 of everything. There were a few folks who wore the badges and in fact since they were B2B2B , had a shirt full!

I really don’t recall anything else. There were no extra recognition parties, just the usual C&A events. (we were on two 4 night b2b so I’m not sure if the 7 night or longer cruises had anything special.

Staff always seems to treat passengers so nicely so I’m not sure how there can be different staff recognition.

We are so far into D+ but far away from Pinnacle that the extra points are really meaningless for us. We sail December because it suits our schedule.

enjoy your cruise.

M

Archived