4 people in a room?

Rocketlady

Since we are limited in funds we were thinking about booking 4 in a room.

3 adults and 1 youth. Is this possible? I have read some have done this.

What do they do for beds? Take out the couch and put in another bed?

I don't know if we can stand each other for a week in such a small space

but just wondering if any one else has done this.

We want to go on the allure.

Thankyou for any suggestions.

Some rooms have two pullman beds for the two additional passengers.

Some have a sofabed for two.

Some have a sofabed and a pullman bed.

It's tight, but lots of people seem to survive.

:)

Some of the rooms have a sofabed, and some have pullman beds. You can sleep 4 in a room, it's very do-able but you'll only have one bathroom. We slept 4 in our room on Oasis and we took a balcony cabin since it gave us a little more "space". It wasn't that bad at all. Besides... it was 4 in a cabin or we didn't cruise... no question there. We all worked and schooled hard, and we loved our family vacation. :)

I was too late to edit my previous post, but you might also want to look into booking two connecting inside cabins; this way you'd have two bathrooms and it might work out to be more affordable than you thought. :)

Good idea here.....

Just to be subjective, 4 people in a cabin is doable in most cases. The determining factor on how comfortable it will be depends on the class of cabin you decide to book. Many cabins have the primary bed and two pullman style beds or a sofa bed. I am not familiar with the cabins on the Allure (yet) but there are many others that are on here.

I would do two inside cabins, if I had the choice of four in a cabin or NOT go because of funds, I'd GO, or I'd wait a yr. so you can save for two cabins, I have six in my family and we put 3 and 3 and I know that's not four, but we have plenty of room w/ three. The pullman beds are great and out of the way - good luck

If you get cabin 7595 on Allure it has 2 pullman beds rather than the sofabed so at least you won't be losing all that floor space when the sofa is open. My 3 sons (in their 20's) were in that cabin and it was fine for them. It's small but definitely doable. If I had a choice of 4 in a cabin or staying home, I would book it and just deal with it. We did that on NCL Dawn with 1 pullman and a trundle bed - it was literally wall-to-wall beds but we survived :D

FYI - there aren't too many cabins on Allure with the 2 pullmans so if you find one, grab it early ;)

When we first started cruising, we did this often. It is tight but doable. When we took our youngest daughter cruising for graduation with 4 of her friends although they weren't all booked into one room, the 5 of them stayed together, the room attendent even made up the 5th "bed" on the floor. I would think if 5 - 18 year old girls can survive for a week that it certainly is doable.

We had 10156 on Oasis 3 week ago. Me,DW,DD(15)DD(10) The room was just fine for sleeping (pull out couch for the kids) but, when getting ready in the morning or for dinner it was cramped. Thank god for the balcony. Would I do it again yes if it was the difference between going and not going at all , would I try to do 2 cabins next time yes.

we have done 4 in cabin frequently and find it works for us as we`re only ever in there to sleep and get ready for dinner

we find it best if the ladies got to get ready for dinner first then the men go later to give them chance to shower, do their hair and get ready for dinner(especially formal nights)

I've done it several times, for as long as 14 days. That was with two teen girls and two adult women :eek:. Of course you have to cooperate/coordinate bathroom time, and it's very helpful if everyone cleans up after themselves. There is an amazing amount of storage in those rooms and adding the every controversial shoe storage hanger on the bathroom door helps keeps some of the clutter under control.

Look at what you will save by putting 4 in one room, and determine if you would rather have the extra space and bathroom, or the money to apply toward other things. I never have regretted being frugal on the room. It's a place to keep my stuff and sleep.

Also, remember that someone could use the shower in the gym.

We've cruised with our 2 teenage kids and then as they grew older with 2 20 year olds and never had a problem. My husband and son always showered for dinner in the gym.

When they got back to the room, the girls were done dressing and it was then their turn! We did this with both outside and balcony rooms.

Mornings and evenings were never a problem as the kids slept in later and we didn't have to knock into each other getting dressed, and then in the evening they stayed out later and we were asleep by the time they wandered in!

I'll echo checking on connecting inside cabins - my family of four is going for Thanksgiving and my cruise agent suggested connecting promenade rooms. Having two bathrooms, two closests and the extra room was worth it, and with the windows to the Promenade we can people watch :)

Archived