Formal night question- not what should I wear

mnbruce

We are leaving in two weeks on a Canada/NewEngland cruise on the CB. This cruise is a port every day except the last full day( Friday). I was thinking that the second formal night would be on Thrusday because it was that way on the CB last year on our Caribbean cruise where Friday was the only sea day. The times for our Thurday stop in in St.Johns have been changed so we are in port until 10 PM. I'm wondering if they will have a formal night on Thursday when we are in port so late. Any thoughts? I'm just asking because I will want to stay on land as late as possible and would bring one less nice set of clothes if we were going to miss a formal night.

Thanks

Formal nights are always on sea days or days when the ship departs earlier than 4pm (and that's only when another sea day isn't on the itinerary.) They are usually the first sea day and the last sea day other than the night before before disembarkation. That's for a 7-day cruise.

Formal nights are always on sea days or days when the ship departs earlier than 4pm (and that's only when another sea day isn't on the itinerary.) They are usually the first sea day and the last sea day other than the night before before disembarkation. That's for a 7-day cruise.

Hmmm - Ruby Itinerary for Eastern Caribbean, March 25, 2012

Day 1 - Embark FLL

Day 2 - Princess Cay - Depart 4:00 PM

Day 3 - At Sea

Day 4 - St Maarten - Depart 6:00 PM

Day 5 - St Thomas - Depart 4:00 PM

Day 6 - Grand Turk - Depart 7:00 PM

Day 7 - At Sea

Day 8 - Disembark FLL

So formal nights would be Day 3 and Day 5 (?)

(We're crossing our fingers that our Renewal of Vows will be on Day 3 - that's our Anniversary :D ) Nice that everyone on the ship will be dressed up for us ;)

Hmmm - Ruby Itinerary for Eastern Caribbean, March 25, 2012

Day 1 - Embark FLL

Day 2 - Princess Cay - Depart 4:00 PM

Day 3 - At Sea

Day 4 - St Maarten - Depart 6:00 PM

Day 5 - St Thomas - Depart 4:00 PM

Day 6 - Grand Turk - Depart 7:00 PM

Day 7 - At Sea

Day 8 - Disembark FLL

So formal nights would be Day 3 and Day 5 (?)

(We're crossing our fingers that our Renewal of Vows will be on Day 3 - that's our Anniversary :D ) Nice that everyone on the ship will be dressed up for us ;)

I'd bet money that formal nights would be Day 2 for sure and most likely Day 5.

On our upcoming (Southern Caribbean) itinerary, the only sea day is the final one. And only one port day ends that early. :confused: I was told our formal nights would be nights 2 and 5, but we'll either be coming back to the ship early, or missing them.

On our upcoming (Southern Caribbean) itinerary, the only sea day is the final one. And only one port day ends that early. :confused: I was told our formal nights would be nights 2 and 5, but we'll either be coming back to the ship early, or missing them.

That's the cruise we took at the exact same time and yes the formal nights were what you were told. You are going to love that cruise and it's ports.

We are leaving in two weeks on a Canada/NewEngland cruise on the CB. This cruise is a port every day except the last full day( Friday). I was thinking that the second formal night would be on Thrusday because it was that way on the CB last year on our Caribbean cruise where Friday was the only sea day. The times for our Thurday stop in in St.Johns have been changed so we are in port until 10 PM. I'm wondering if they will have a formal night on Thursday when we are in port so late. Any thoughts? I'm just asking because I will want to stay on land as late as possible and would bring one less nice set of clothes if we were going to miss a formal night.

Thanks

I've done this cruise two years running, most recently 3 weeks ago. You will love it. It is really magnificent.

They must have reversed the itinerary again because we had a sea day, Halifax, St. John, Bar Harbor, Boston and Newport. Anyway, I don't really know the answer but formal nights were Sunday and Thursday on my sailing. It was the opposit last year, with the last day being a sea day. I liked it better with the first day a sea day. Are you sure St. John is Thursday? Depending on which way you are going Thursday should be Boston or Halifax. I suppose I could actually go look it up. LOL

Have a great trip! Join the Princess Pop Choir. Sam is the crew member who is charge. She's fantastic and it's more fun than anything I've ever done.

Maureen

That's the cruise we took at the exact same time and yes the formal nights were what you were told. You are going to love that cruise and it's ports.

I went and looked at your gorgeous pictures. :cool: We're doing the other Southern route, though...St Maarten, St Lucia, Grenada, Belize, and Aruba.

I've done this cruise two years running, most recently 3 weeks ago. You will love it. It is really magnificent.

They must have reversed the itinerary again because we had a sea day, Halifax, St. John, Bar Harbor, Boston and Newport. Anyway, I don't really know the answer but formal nights were Sunday and Thursday on my sailing. It was the opposit last year, with the last day being a sea day. I liked it better with the first day a sea day. Are you sure St. John is Thursday? Depending on which way you are going Thursday should be Boston or Halifax. I suppose I could actually go look it up. LOL

Have a great trip! Join the Princess Pop Choir. Sam is the crew member who is charge. She's fantastic and it's more fun than anything I've ever done.

Maureen

Thanks Maureen,

Last month they switched around Halifax and St Johns. The itinerary is now:

Newport

Boston

Portland

Halifax

St. Johns

Sea day

Thanks for the choir suggestion, however the only choir I would be qualified for would be The Gong Show Choir. :)

I went and looked at your gorgeous pictures. :cool: We're doing the other Southern route, though...St Maarten, St Lucia, Grenada, Belize, and Aruba.

Oops, my bad. Well you're still going to love that cruise and it's ports!:)

Thanks for looking at my photos.

I don't mean to hijack this thread...well, its not a hijack exactly, as it is kind of on the same topic...

We're doing a 13 night New Years cruise from Melbourne to New Zealand. Just wondering if people have any idea when the formal nights are likely to be? We leave on the 27th December. New Years Eve is the first port day at Auckland and the ship docks there til 9pm.

The last Princess cruise we did to NZ had a formal night on NYE, but then that was a sea day. Just wondered if it would be the same given its a port day this time around.

Any help would be appreciated!

We are doing the 9/24 Sailing of the CB to New England /Canada . We have done this cruise the past 3 years. This will be #4 to New Eng./Canada. We have always chosen the itinerary with Bar Harbor. Our favorite Port but I made a mistake when bookng this criuise as on this date, We go to Portland, Maine. Has anybody been to this Port. What can We expect. Any info You can pass on to us, will be gratefully appreciated. Thank You IKE

We are doing the 9/24 Sailing of the CB to New England /Canada . We have done this cruise the past 3 years. This will be #4 to New Eng./Canada. We have always chosen the itinerary with Bar Harbor. Our favorite Port but I made a mistake when bookng this criuise as on this date, We go to Portland, Maine. Has anybody been to this Port. What can We expect. Any info You can pass on to us, will be gratefully appreciated. Thank You IKE

Bummer, Ike. I love, love, love Bar Harbor! I've never been to Portland and look forward to some answers.

Archived