Recently or Not So Recently Off the Infinity in Alaska?????

cherylroslyn

I leave for Alaska in less than a week.....

hopefully by this time next week I will be at the sail away party!!!!!

I am so excited I can barely contain myself...or work for that matter!!!

Anyone have any tips, suggestions, statements, or other monologues that they would like to share about the Infinity or the Ports (Ketchican, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Straight Point, and Victoria)??????

I am traveling solo on the longest trip I have ever done and I have been planning this trip for over a year......

Please share some thoughts or insights!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!

.....Anyone have any tips, suggestions, statements, or other monologues that they would like to share about the Infinity or the Ports (Ketchican, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Straight Point, and Victoria)??????

Please share some thoughts or insights!!!!!!!

If the wonderful naturalist Brent Nixon is on board the Infinity, don't miss his presentations.

For info about the ports and Alaska cruising in general, here is a link to Cruise Critic's

ALASKA Board

Hi Cheryl, the best excursion I have ever done was in Ketchikan.

Not sure if you would be able to get a reservation this close to sail

date but I would highly (I would give it 10 stars if possible) recommend

Michelle with Island Wings. It is simply FABULOUS. It is a floatplane

tour. She is the pilot as well as part owner of the company. They have

their own website. Google it and you can find the information.

Should I ever go back to Ketchikan I would book with her again.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

We were on the Infinity two weeks ago. We did whale watching in Juneau with Harv and Marv's. We found a pod of resident Orca's that were amazing! Very active whales and one breached for us close to the boat. Also saw humpbacks breaching, was a great trip.

Hi Cheryl, the best excursion I have ever done was in Ketchikan.

Not sure if you would be able to get a reservation this close to sail

date but I would highly (I would give it 10 stars if possible) recommend

Michelle with Island Wings. It is simply FABULOUS. It is a floatplane

tour. She is the pilot as well as part owner of the company. They have

their own website. Google it and you can find the information.

Should I ever go back to Ketchikan I would book with her again.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Lois I didn't expect to hear from YOU!!!! Aren't you still on the Summit??????

Hope you are having a wonderful time!!!!!!

thank you everyone for taking the time to respond.......

I'm so excited and it seems to be more than my normal pre0-cruise pandamonium!!!!

Lois I didn't expect to hear from YOU!!!! Aren't you still on the Summit??????

Hope you are having a wonderful time!!!!!!

thank you everyone for taking the time to respond.......

I'm so excited and it seems to be more than my normal pre0-cruise pandamonium!!!!

Hi...I haven't been posting....my Dad passed away last week and

so I did not go on the cruise.

Just off last Friday... We were blessed with GREAT weather... half day rain in Ketchikan and then no more rain and mild temps... Brent Nixon is awesome....and the ship, staff, and the food was good...obviously the decors tired, but clean, no noro, and a great staff. High C's acapella group was great...we met them in the Med last August on the Connie.....Infinity will be beautiful when she is redone...I hope you really enjoy your trip....We brought 3 cruise virgin couples with us and I think we got them hooked...Saw tons of whales Icy straight day was awesome!!! ENJOY!!!:):) This was a great third trip to beautiful Alaska

I'm jealous, you will have a fantastic time! As others said Brent Nixon was fabulous (a little over the top, bear with him); also the comedian Fred Clepp (may have name not quite right) was VERY good.

Inside T pool is definitely a must for you, especially this time of year in Alaska.

For Tracy Arm morning, captain may open up helipad area - if he does, GO! Another great place to hang out that morning is in the buffet area by a window - sitting with coffee watching that beautiful scenery was wonderful. We had a balcony but it's much nicer to see it from a more open area.

Our favorite excursion was Taku Lodge in Juneau - float plane ride of the Juneau icefield and glaciers was amazing, and at the lodge the salmon dinner was outstanding and a black bear was right in the front yard, which is apparently very common. Also really enjoyed Orca whale watch with Eagle Wind tours in Victoria -- amazing amount of orcas, all close up - made more special because we had attended Brent Nixon's lecture on orcas the day before. Also, scenery was beautiful on Skagway train.

We loved the Infinity, I'm sure you will too! Have a great time!

I love your excitement. Have a great cruise. We know exactly how you feel. We sail to Alaska this morning on Century. In the same mood. :D

Jim

I hope you are having a wonderful time!!!!!

and thank you everyone for your responses......its almost here after over a year of planning so it kinda feels like my first cruise!!!!!!

One of the highlights of our Alaska cruise (albeit we were with Princess on that cruise) was taking a helicopter to the glacier and the dog sledding on the glacier. Don't confuse this with the fake dog sledding where the sleds have wheels...this is the real thing. Well worth the money (it's not cheap), and the helicopter ride itself is incredibly interesting.

Oh my Lord I am so sorry. That is terrible. I assumed you were on your cruise. Please accept my sincerel condolences. My prayers are with you and your family.

Thanks for the kind words and condolences. The only folks I told were

those on the roll call (when it happened) so they knew not to expect

me.

Getting back to work now and going day by day. He was my best

friend so I miss him very much but I know the memories will be with

me always.

Thanks so much.

Archived