Steakhouse Dress Code Attire

go titans

If you go to the Steahouse restaurant on the first night of the cruise what is the dress code for attire since you may not have your luggage by dinner time?

In the MDR dress code is pretty lax because of that.

I didn't think you could go the first night. However its not the same as MDR. You have to dress up with at least a nice shirt, slacks and tie. We always go on the night of formal since if I'm getting dressed up I might as well have the dinner to go with it.

The steakhouse is available the first night of your cruise. The attire for the steakhouse is the same as the attire for the main dining room with the exception of on Elegant nights when the gentlemen are asked to wear a jacket...

The dress code requires that men wear jackets on the 'Cruise Elegant' nights of the cruise. By popular request, all dining rooms are smoke-free. Please allow 2 1/2 hours for dining experience.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLSteakhouseRequest.htm?icid=CC_Hyperlink_7

The thing about the 'anything goes' on embarkation night is really kind of a 'nudge nudge, wink wink' thing. There is no exception specified in the 'dress code' but you're right... it is often overlooked for the reason you mentioned...

:)

I didn't think you could go the first night. However its not the same as MDR. You have to dress up with at least a nice shirt, slacks and tie. We always go on the night of formal since if I'm getting dressed up I might as well have the dinner to go with it.

You can certainly go on the first night, in fact you get a free bottle of house wine if you do. There is no special dress code for the steakhouse except for having a jacket on formal night. You should be fine with slacks and a nice shirt. Smart casual.

I don't know about the lst night but I do know that last year the DH called ahead of time and asked if he could wear a nice pr. of shorts and a golf-type shirt. They said, "Come on down!". The only reason DH asked was because we had just gotten back from an excursion and he didn't want to change. We walked right in no problems. This was on NCL on a Hawaiian cruise.:D

The steakhouse is available the first night of your cruise. The attire for the steakhouse is the same as the attire for the main dining room with the exception of on Elegant nights when the gentlemen are asked to wear a jacket...

The dress code requires that men wear jackets on the 'Cruise Elegant' nights of the cruise. By popular request, all dining rooms are smoke-free. Please allow 2 1/2 hours for dining experience.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLSteakhouseRequest.htm?icid=CC_Hyperlink_7

The thing about the 'anything goes' on embarkation night is really kind of a 'nudge nudge, wink wink' thing. There is no exception specified in the 'dress code' but you're right... it is often overlooked for the reason you mentioned...

So shorts are allowed on casual nites in the steakhouse:confused:

Are we able to prebook the SH for the 1st night or wait til we are on board? Didn't know about the wine - so thanks for posting.

Yes you can make a reservation for the 1st night thru the website. Just go to your cruise, 'View Details', click on the 'My Activities' tab, then 'While You Cruise'. Click on 'Steakhouse' to make the reservation. You should get a reservation confirmation within 1 week.

Yes you can make a reservation for the 1st night thru the website. Just go to your cruise, 'View Details', click on the 'My Activities' tab, then 'While You Cruise'. Click on 'Steakhouse' to make the reservation. You should get a reservation confirmation within 1 week.

You may or may not receive a confirmation... From Carnival's FAQs:

Should I make Steakhouse reservations for my cabin prior to boarding?

Reservations are recommended ahead of time but guests are welcome to go to the Steakhouse and be seated as per availability.

Steakhouse reservations can be requested prior to your cruise on carnival.com. Just login/register or access your booking by clicking here.

Go to My Cruise Manager and select Plan Activities from the “To-Do List” section. Once in the Plan Activities section if your ship has a steakhouse you will see steakhouse section with the option to submit a reservation request. Requested dates and times are on a first come, first serve basis. If the requested time is not available, the next available time slot will be assigned. At this time, we do not send out confirmations prior to the cruise indicating that the dinner reservation has been confirmed. The guest will be notified once on board.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?icid=CC_Header_466

They do make an effort to get confirmations out but it may not happen...

We just got back from Glory and the steakhouse was wonderful. For some reason they told us attire was cruise elegant, though it was not on elegant attire night.

We don't make reservations ahead of a cruise and have never had an issue getting a table. Just go there the first day and they'll set you up. I have never seen the steakhouse full either.

have fun!!!

You are incorrect on all counts. The steakhouse is open the first night. You never have to dress other than resort casual. Ties are never required even on "cruise elegant" night.

Hmmm... guess I'd better pack a jacket for DH....

Your DH won't need a jacket, my DH wears a nice silk shirt and slacks, but we've never been to the steakhouse on elegant night tho I have seen folks walking in there on elegant night with nice shirt and slacks, maybe a tie, but not everyone has on a jacket.

Your DH won't need a jacket, my DH wears a nice silk shirt and slacks, but we've never been to the steakhouse on elegant night tho I have seen folks walking in there on elegant night with nice shirt and slacks, maybe a tie, but not everyone has on a jacket.

Thanks! He will be happy with that!

Just got off the Conquest yesterday, DH and I went to the steakhouse on a non elegant night. Although the confirmation card stated elegant attire required (we are rules followers), we saw every type of dress. We saw at least 4 people in shorts in the couple hours we were there. It does bother me people don't follow simple rules (at least no shorts!), however, if thet are not inforced by staff, why bother! Anyway, had a nice dinner there and you'll fit in nicely if you dress somewhere in the middle....nice pant and nice top!

Archived