D1 Room with only 2 passengers question.

irishgal432

We are a party of 5 sailing on Liberty of the Seas. We had a midship D1 and inside stateroom booked K. When the corner aft became available, I called the TA company to change the room since there was the aft and an inside cabin across the hall, and the TA told me I only had two people booked in the D1 room and that I could not have it. Since my midship room had a cross indicating a pull out sofa I did not understand why I could not switch. She called Royal Caribbean and they changed my room. I received confirmation of the change.

My question is this: Will RCCL take that room away from me if they see that there are only two people booked in it and re assign me to another D1 room without the sofa?

We have definitely had a 3rd berth in at least one D2. Can't remember what ship. There was something stuck in it and the steward had to open it to get it out, so I know it was there.

In looking at the deck plans of the four ships that you have in your signature, I could not find a single D2 with a sofabed.

If you have had both D1 and D2, is it possible that you are not remembering which was which?

:)

It was Explorer. The cabin may not list a sofa bed but it had one and so did my friends. They took her's apart to repair it. We were both in D2 on the 9th deck.

I have noticed that sometimes rooms designated on the deckplan as no sofabed or pullman will have one once you arrive and examine the room. But when you book a D2, you are booking a double, and paying the lower rate as opposed to D1. Royal may have the option to change their designations around a bit but they don't sell D2s as triples as far as I know.

We are a party of 5 sailing on Liberty of the Seas. We had a midship D1 and inside stateroom booked K. When the corner aft became available, I called the TA company to change the room since there was the aft and an inside cabin across the hall, and the TA told me I only had two people booked in the D1 room and that I could not have it. Since my midship room had a cross indicating a pull out sofa I did not understand why I could not switch. She called Royal Caribbean and they changed my room. I received confirmation of the change.

My question is this: Will RCCL take that room away from me if they see that there are only two people booked in it and re assign me to another D1 room without the sofa?

Like Marci22 said, make sure your paperwork has the aft corner cabin listed. I cruise solo and had an aft corner D1 on Voyager. No one questioned it when I booked it and there wasn't any problem when I checked in.

Enjoy your cruise.

Like Marci22 said, make sure your paperwork has the aft corner cabin listed. I cruise solo and had an aft corner D1 on Voyager. No one questioned it when I booked it and there wasn't any problem when I checked in.

Enjoy your cruise.

Actually I said 'linked' because I assume the OP is travelling with children and if your cabins are linked I'm guessing they are less likely to move you.

OP you can also put 'no changes' or 'no upgrades' on your reservation to make sure they don't change your cabin inadvertently.

Actually I said 'linked' because I assume the OP is travelling with children and if your cabins are linked I'm guessing they are less likely to move you.

OP you can also put 'no changes' or 'no upgrades' on your reservation to make sure they don't change your cabin inadvertently.

Absolutely right on all counts. Sorry, I'm a little slow this morning and thought I read it as "inked" meaning a written confirmation.

Archived