POLL: Which loyalty program would YOU prefer from Carnival??

DarthGrady

Which system do you prefer?  

474 members have voted

1. 1. Which system do you prefer?

• The current system: 1 point for each cruise taken
    • The proposed system: Points for each day cruised
    • I don't care either way: I'm just in it for the good times

depends on what the perks are...a combination of $$$$ spent (both cruise fare and onboard sign/sail) and days combined with the ability for recognition on all of Carnival Corporations lines would be desireable (like the airline alliances)

We prefer days, mostly because it seems unfair to give the same credit to a 3 day weekend cruise as they do to a 16 day cruise.

Makes no difference to us - we are milestone, with mostly long cruises but our milestone was obtained using pretty much all 7-12 days cruises so we are at 184 days - it does seems unfair that we cruise with milestone people who have received milestone through 3 and 4 day cruises so they have less than 100 days to our 184 days even though we have taken the same amount of cruises.

Changing to days at sea will be an advantage to people like us, but I can see the point of people who live near a port and jump on ships for the weekend, not wanting to lose anything. They say people will be

"grandfathered in" but I see them changing the "names of the levels" plus the perks, so it will be unrecognizable.

I do wonder if this would affect bookings of shorter cruises as we know many people who have purposely done b2b2b2b2b - 3 and 4 day cruises to quickly make platinum. Over the last few years this has been a popular method to get Platinum/milestone. They might have trouble filling the shorter cruises if the motivation for doing so is changed.

I voted for days cruised. From reading on here, it sounds like what they give to Platinum cruisers isn't that great anyway. People complain that they have no use for one picture frame let alone three or pen and pencil sets that they don't use or stationery that they don't use.

We aren't in any big hurry to get off the ship so priority tickets for the tenders don't appeal to us either. We've never had to wait that long to get on the ships either.

We have five-seven day cruises under our belts. We are half way to Platinum. If they change it to days cruised, we have 35. Again, that puts us half way from what I've read.

If they do make changes, I hope they make the perks worth while.

the per diem rates of some shorter cruises are so out of whack with 7 day cruises.

and some repositioning cruuise rates are insane. i think I just saw a price of $599 for a 16 day ta cruise.

regardless, until the actual perks change, the point is moot for me. being platinum cureently, twice over, the only thing worth anything is priorty embarkation and debarkation.

We prefer days, mostly because it seems unfair to give the same credit to a 3 day weekend cruise as they do to a 16 day cruise.

Makes no difference to us - we are milestone, with mostly long cruises but our milestone was obtained using pretty much all 7-12 days cruises so we are at 184 days - it does seems unfair that we cruise with milestone people who have received milestone through 3 and 4 day cruises so they have less than 100 days to our 184 days even though we have taken the same amount of cruises.

Changing to days at sea will be an advantage to people like us, but I can see the point of people who live near a port and jump on ships for the weekend, not wanting to lose anything. They say people will be

"grandfathered in" but I see them changing the "names of the levels" plus the perks, so it will be unrecognizable.

I do wonder if this would affect bookings of shorter cruises as we know many people who have purposely done b2b2b2b2b - 3 and 4 day cruises to quickly make platinum. Over the last few years this has been a popular method to get Platinum/milestone. They might have trouble filling the shorter cruises if the motivation for doing so is changed.

That was a thought of mine as well. Short cruises are a much bigger part of CCL's business than RCI's. Though I doubt the number of people just taking short cruises just for the loyalty rewards is very high.

Definitely days spent. I could go on 10 two days cruises in an inside cabin if I lived near a Florida port, and then become Platinum for around $2000 very quickley, which is just over what we have spent on one cruise on the Spirit - so it definitely seems fairer.

Denise :D

I'd still like to be differentiated

from the people who've just stepped on a Carnival ship for the first time.

Gotta have a blue First Timer's card....

how else can we be expected to spot the beginners (and help them with stuff..?)

I proposed a hybrid system a few years ago --- something like:

1 credit for each night of the cruise TIMES a multiplier based on cabin type. Say 1.0x for insides, 1.25 for balconies, and 1.5 for suites - thus earning roughly 7, 9, or 11 credits respectively.

On Celebrity and Royal (perhaps others as well) one earns DOUBLE for a suite. I think that is stretching it just a bit -- even though it benefited us w/regard to Celebrity.

Tom

Personally for me it has taken YEARS to get to Platinum. I am not a "flyer" and am limited to my ports here in CA. I am venturing soon to test out my fear of flying this week (yikes). Our cruises here in CA are so limited, We mostly only have the 4 and 3 day cruises, with a couple of 7/8 day options but they are the same ol same ol Mexico, and with all the problems in Mexico, I just don't feel "as safe" getting too far off the ship till the violence gets a little more under control. We had some friends who were robbed IN ENSENDA! Very frightening. They were an older couple and now they won't do the West Coast Mexico cruises again.

Some of the cruise lines have left our ports. San Diego is now losing Carnival :( very sad. I just love being on the ship!!! If they came up with a 7 day that went UP our coast, I would be all over that!! I have paid more $$ for our 4 day cruises here than my 7 day cruises. I am just grateful that Carnival does give everyone an opportunity to have a vacation within a budget for families. We were able to share a different kind of family vaca with our children who now have the cruisin bug as us!

Whatever Carnival does, I hope they don't discourage our newbies from continuing to sail with Carnival and just enjoy the sailing experience!

Definitely days spent. I could go on 10 two days cruises in an inside cabin if I lived near a Florida port, and then become Platinum for around $2000 very quickley, which is just over what we have spent on one cruise on the Spirit - so it definitely seems fairer.

Denise :D

Denise: Which of those Florida ports routinely offer 2-nt sailings??

Denise: Which of those Florida ports routinely offer 2-nt sailings??

The only 2 night cruises I have seen in Florida were; Destiny - after engine repair. And Splender just after her trans Atlantic, just before the first sailings from Ft Lauderdale.

Yes I was on both.

depends on what the perks are...a combination of $$$$ spent (both cruise fare and onboard sign/sail) and days combined with the ability for recognition on all of Carnival Corporations lines would be desireable (like the airline alliances)

I like this idea- with perks given like discounted cruises, cabin upgrades, discounts on drinks/soda/water packages. No more tote bags (of course with some beach towns requesting you supply your own bags for shopping, they could come in handy).

Archived