Lables- A Bit Peeved

chirpy007

It's not rocket science you know! Firstly, as you say you don't have to attach them to your cases until you board the ship. and secondly you can invest in a mini stapler for a few pence, or I'm sure the hotel will let you borrow theirs. Personally, I find these print off lables much easier as you don't have to write anything on them, and if you print them on card stock, they are virtually indestrictible.

There really is no need to be sarky, l was just saying. Im used to having labels all printed that l just attach and as already stated l did say it was no big deal.......

All of you arts and crafters ought to just buy the wonderful reusable luggage tags from Serendipity that thousands of us have purchased since the onset of the do-it-yourself tags. Tags fit easily into the slots; no muss, no fuss and a one time investment. I can't give you the exact link, but with a little ingenuity you can easily find it.

Thanks. That's a solution I can live with. :)

I just got an email from my TA and he said that they print them for their clients who are cruising on lines that no longer provide them. He said they cannot see having it any other way. They print and laminate them in their office.

Customer Service is a wonderful thing.

Thanks. That's a solution I can live with. :)

They are wonderful. You will be so happy with them.

I just got an email from my TA and he said that they print them for their clients who are cruising on lines that no longer provide them. He said they cannot see having it any other way. They print and laminate them in their office.

Customer Service is a wonderful thing.

So what you're saying is they have access to your personalizer and are printing the Princess tags? I wouldn't be happy about that. :(

So what you're saying is they have access to your personalizer and are printing the Princess tags? I wouldn't be happy about that. :(

No, I am not saying that. I am saying we get luggage tags printed that have our name, cabin number, ship, sailing date...that's it.

No, I am not saying that. I am saying we get luggage tags printed that have our name, cabin number, ship, sailing date...that's it. And we are happy about it.

I thought this was something a travel agent was supposed to be

able to do -- for instance for a client who does not have a PC.

What information is on the luggage tag that the customer's travel

agent doesn't already know? Which shell door?

Think about it another way. When someone has access to your personalizer, the also have access to your personal information. There can be information you don't want to or need to share with your travel agent. And then, what happens if you have a parting of the ways? Just a thought.

/www. favors by serendipity .com/luggage-tags/index.html

(leave out the spaces before, between, and after "favors by serendipity)

Nice heavy clear plastic holders for the self-printed luggage tags, reasonably priced and reusable.

I got them with the larger attaching loops for a small extra charge because my luggage has thick handles.

I have wondered about the lack of a PC issue. To the best of my knowledge, our TA absolutely does NOT have access to our cruise personalizer. And like I stated above, our luggage tags do NOT have any info on them that he does not know about. It is our ship, last name, cabin number and cruise date.

I believe they have a printer and a software program that simply prints the labels. Pia, I believe it is simply customer service. Sadly, we are just not used to that any longer.

Happy Cruising to all.

Think about it another way. When someone has access to your personalizer, the also have access to your personal information. There can be information you don't want to or need to share with your travel agent. And then, what happens if you have a parting of the ways? Just a thought.

Pia

I am just wondering what personal information a TA could get off of the personalizer that they wouldn't already have? A credit card number is the only thing I can think of that could be an issue but they would have to have that to book the cruise in the first place. Name, Address, Phone # and date of birth would also be required. What am I missing?

Thanks

I have wondered about the lack of a PC issue. To the best of my knowledge, our TA absolutely does NOT have access to our cruise personalizer. And like I stated above, our luggage tags do NOT have any info on them that he does not know about. It is our ship, last name, cabin number and cruise date.

I believe they have a printer and a software program that simply prints the labels. Pia, I believe it is simply customer service. Sadly, we are just not used to that any longer.

Happy Cruising to all.

Lisa, there was a time when we had to actually go to a travel agent's office and manually pick up our documents. Yes, times change. I find it much easier to print my own, and the tags are just another easier option for me. I don't need customer service from my TA; I need discounts. And those I get.

I'm 99% sure my travel agent can fool with my profile, and print

luggage tags -- and, I've never given him any of my access information,

so somehow he has this through princess.

I would not spend 2 seconds being concerned about this. And leave the stapler at home...

1. Borrow a stapler at your hotel prior to departing for the port

2. Even easier...just fill out a luggage tag when you get to port-they will have lots available. It takes about 30 seconds.

Why sweat the small stuff or make an arts/crafts project out of it....or carry things you really do not need???

Pia

I am just wondering what personal information a TA could get off of the personalizer that they wouldn't already have? A credit card number is the only thing I can think of that could be an issue but they would have to have that to book the cruise in the first place. Name, Address, Phone # and date of birth would also be required. What am I missing?

Thanks

Your passport number and all its attending information. Perfect for identity theft.

I am a TA and always offer to print my customers cruise documentation and luggage labels, as part of my customer service.

Most customers are happy for me to access their cruise personaliser to provide this service.

As a previous poster has stated, there is nothing on the personaliser that I haven't already had access to.

:D:D:D

Your passport number and all its attending information. Perfect for identity theft.

Wouldn't the TA have that information as well? Don't you need to fill out all of that information for the cruise line in order to print the boarding pass. I use the personalizer myself but what about those who don't have a computer or just refuse to use one? They rely on their TA to provide those forms.

I am a TA and always offer to print my customers cruise documentation and luggage labels, as part of my customer service.

Most customers are happy for me to access their cruise personaliser to provide this service.

As a previous poster has stated, there is nothing on the personaliser that I haven't already had access to.

:D:D:D

Wouldn't the TA have that information as well? Don't you need to fill out all of that information for the cruise line in order to print the boarding pass. I use the personalizer myself but what about those who don't have a computer or just refuse to use one? They rely on their TA to provide those forms.

I hope you won't be saying that if someone steals your identity. Not all TA's are honest, nor their agencies. You have given them access not only to your personal information, but also access to the names, addresses and phone numbers of your emergency contacts. And once they are in there, can also access upcoming cruises so that their immediate world knows exactly when you will be away.

The only luggage labels l can get are those that l have printed off myself, l then have to staple these to my luggage...whilst in the grand scheme of things not a massive problem but very irrating. As lm flying in from the UK and have two nights in NY first they cant be attached to my case and l need to bring a stapler to fix them on.

When did Princess stop sending lables ?

quite a while ago. this is the policy for almost all mass marketed lines now. I know it is a pain in the you know what. You can get reg tags at the port just before boarding.

Nita

I hope you won't be saying that if someone steals your identity. Not all TA's are honest, nor their agencies. You have given them access not only to your personal information, but also access to the names, addresses and phone numbers of your emergency contacts. And once they are in there, can also access upcoming cruises so that their immediate world knows exactly when you will be away.

So I guess I will just continue to book through the cruise line because it is not worth the risk of exposing all of my information for a $50 OBC and a cheap bottle of wine. For what it's worth anyone who drives down the block can figure out who is home and who is away. It's not rocket science.

So I guess I will just continue to book through the cruise line because it is not worth the risk of exposing all of my information for a $50 OBC and a cheap bottle of wine. For what it's worth anyone who drives down the block can figure out who is home and who is away. It's not rocket science.

That's not what I said, nor will I debate the point with you. Complacency doesn't always win.

That is complete BS!!. What use are emergency contact numbers to a TA.

I would be less trusting of your neighbours who will know that you are away.

Also, the TA can only view a booking that they have the reference number for, ie, it would have been booked in their agency. So they would know your future cruises anyway!.

Im glad to say that my customers trust me 100% and are more than happy to provide me with the information that I need to complete the personaliser for them. The information goes no further than me.

:D

Archived