Accessing prepaid internet upon boarding

CHOPPERTESTER

I like the double bonus minutes you get with purchasing a pre-paid internet package over purchasing on the first day of the cruise.

Using my own netbook, how will I logon on the first day we board?

If I enter my name and cabin to establish an account will it already have my package selected?

I have a balcony guarantee with no room assigned yet (26 days to go) but I assume this will not matter as the prepaid purchase was tied to my booking number.

Anyone who has prepaid can you please let me know the drill when I get onboard?

Merci Martha !!!

Just hope Air Canada doesn't go on strike now.

With so many on my roll call flying AC, I searched about this possibility & as of the 9th they said a tentative agreement has been reached & no strike...WHEW! :eek:

http://www.ns.dailybusinessbuzz.ca/National-Scene/2011-08-02/article-2687145/Air-Canada-avoids-strike/1

Wish it were so Astro but that article was from 2 Aug and since then they have rejected the tentative agreement.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/08/27/air-canada-dealt-a-labour_n_939199.html

Keep our fingers crossed that the Tories will be equally unfair to the flight attendants as they were to the gate agents, pilots and Canada Post.

Wish it were so Astro but that article was from 2 Aug and since then they have rejected the tentative agreement.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/08/27/air-canada-dealt-a-labour_n_939199.html

Keep our fingers crossed that the Tories will be equally unfair to the flight attendants as they were to the gate agents, pilots and Canada Post.

OPPS...:o

The search had today's date but I didn't notice the article was from 8/2. With no strike date set & the pilot's still negotiating a contract after rejecting a tentatively approved contract earlier this year, I don't think I'll worry those on my roll call. I'll periodically check for updates just in case it could affect them & then would post it.

I pre-purchased an internet package last year. The confirmation was in my cabin, and after I logged on and established an account, I took the card to the internet manager to make sure I got credit. You have to purchase the identical package when you are onboard, but the amount is then credited to your account, thus zeroing itself out. You still have to pay the $3.95 startup fee. As I said, this was a year ago, so things may have improved since then. EM

Thanx Essiesmom,

I purchased the 310 minutes (includes 60 bonus minutes) for $103.95 so it sounds like I need to take the 250 minute package on the 1st day (30 bonus minutes) to make it 280 minutes (cost =$100.00 plus $3.95 account activation fee = $103.95 total) and then see the internet manager about getting my extra 30 minutes (for pre-paying prior to cruise) added to my acccount.

I want to be able to logon right away (using WiFi and my netbook, create my account, and use the service without having to seel out the internet manager right away.

For Astro,

Here's some more up to date info on the possible Air Canada strike

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2011/09/12/18673891.html

Archived