Conquest Still in Port?

texas greeneyes

Only word that we have received was at 6pm when they told us they were completing maintenance and we would be leaving port in about 15 minutes. Very frustrated by the lack of communication.

So your on the ship with my friends Mike and Sandra its their honeymoon cruise they got married yesterday in Salado...

Sorry it is starting out like this for everyone.

If you run across them tell them Karen(Babyblue) said hello that would be funny.

But I hope you get going soon and can make all your ports!!

Saying a cruise prayer for you all!

Only word that we have received was at 6pm when they told us they were completing maintenance and we would be leaving port in about 15 minutes. Very frustrated by the lack of communication.

Thanks for the update...we are worried about y'all, if I may speak for others too...and I would also be frustrated with lack of communication. Try to have fun!

Hope they leave in time to make all their ports.

If it's still the same... We spent the night in port due to fog... and we were told we'd miss a port if we didn't get to leave by 10PM... There's about a 6 hour window for speed to stay on schedule...

Karen... I pray Mike and Sandra still love cruising... They're missing some things -- but the dining and shows and FUN still continue!!! I know it didn't bother me to stay in port... It was my third cruise, though...

Was talking to friends and captain just came on speaker system. There is a propulsion issue they are working on and so far is still not working and they hope to have fixed and leave at 11:30 tonight. Friends wish they would have announced it several hours ago. Come on Carnival, what is so hard about keeping your passengers informed, people wouldn't be grumpy if they knew what the problem has been.

Was talking to friends and captain just came on speaker system. There is a propulsion issue they are working on and so far is still not working and they hope to have fixed and leave at 11:30 tonight. Friends wish they would have announced it several hours ago. Come on Carnival, what is so hard about keeping your passengers informed, people wouldn't be grumpy if they knew what the problem has been.

That's gonna make for a late night! But bet everyone will be up and excited for the sail away party!

On board here. We have tried to leave twice.

Captain made an announcement at 9:00, said they have a problem with propulsion.

Crew is working the problem and then he said "We hope to depart by 11:30, one hour from now." We were all confused by that.

Here is a picture of Coast Guard gunships that were alongside earlier when we tried to depart.

312459_10100333143923940_23932973_49376155_247454411_n.jpg

315893_10100333144278230_23932973_49376165_667173838_n.jpg

292741_10100333142586620_23932973_49376127_1048505978_n.jpg

Archived