Quest Show

cruisetime25

A few years ago on the Mariner, there was a great audience participation show called Quest (I think). It was a riot! Does anyone know if this show is still on Rccl? We'll be on the Freedom on Oct. 16th and have some newbies coming with us and I know they would really enjoy it.

A few years ago on the Mariner, there was a great audience participation show called Quest (I think). It was a riot! Does anyone know if this show is still on Rccl? We'll be on the Freedom on Oct. 16th and have some newbies coming with us and I know they would really enjoy it.

yes, it is on every ship on every cruise.

This is the one show I actually look forward to when I cruise (OK, I also absolutely love Jonathan Clarke). I have such found memories of it. Like the time I jumped over the wall at the skating rink to participate (keep in mind, I am not a small person). Also, the time my 79 year old father also jumped over the wall to participate and nearly gave the staff a collective heart attack. Oh, and I can't forget the two times my bra wound-up on a complete stranger. Ah, those are the days!

Quest= TONS OF FUN!!!

I participated in it on our cruise and yes, I was one of the guys dancing in my drawers, a bra,flipflops, lipstick and a purse. Hey, the team needed me.

There were definitely people cheating, aka, bags full of everything needed to win. We won anyway. They should definitely have 5+ lists of items that could possibly be called and then even mix those lists up to avoid cheating. C'mon people...it's a game. Have fun with it and stop with the ultra-competitive nonsense.

I actually remember the original way the Quest was done. I'm talking 20-something years ago. Not sure if it was called "The Quest" back then. Anyway, instead of having sections of a large audience divided-up with two captains possibly winning the prize, there would be separate teams, sort of like when you play trivia, and the whole team would win stuff. One time, we won a nice set of Royal Caribbean glasses, which I think we still have.

May I suggest if you are only going to watch, it helps the teams if the front seats are left open for the participants. We had a group a few years back who completely blocked the front of our section so we all had to dive over the railings and their chairs to get out but they themselves had no intention of playing, just watching.

yes, it is on every ship on every cruise.

Sorry, this isn't the case. I'd read about this on the boards and was disappointed to see they didn't have it on our first cruise on Splendour in the Med (4 years ago), they also didn't have it on Adventure in the Med last year - coincidentally both times Leo Papa was cruise director so maybe he's not too keen on it. We sailed on Mariner last week and although they did Quest, it was only for the Italian speaking guests :rolleyes:

I actually remember the original way the Quest was done. I'm talking 20-something years ago. Not sure if it was called "The Quest" back then. Anyway, instead of having sections of a large audience divided-up with two captains possibly winning the prize, there would be separate teams, sort of like when you play trivia, and the whole team would win stuff. One time, we won a nice set of Royal Caribbean glasses, which I think we still have.

We still have a set of those glasses too! If I recall, the game was called "Prarie Quest" many years ago on the Nordic Prince. What a blast. :D

We still have a set of those glasses too! If I recall, the game was called "Prarie Quest" many years ago on the Nordic Prince. What a blast. :D

I believe we got ours on the Song of Norway. I was around 10 years old at the time, so I don't remember everything, I just remember having a lot of fun.

It will probably be in Studio B (the ice rink but with a floor over the ice). It was probably in Studio B on the Mariner too. I think the Quest is more fun in the lounge, but easier to watch in Studio B, plus the lounge could not hold all of the people on larger ships.

You can find lots of youtube videos. Just search youtube for (including the quotes: quest "of the seas"

Quest was one of the highlights of our trip last October on the Jewel. We teamed up with 3 other couples that we met on the ship. None of us had ever played before and we won. Must not always be the same because we did not need a sock with a hole in it or thongs as someone else posted. I remember we won a bottle of champagne, and medals. I think we must have won something else but I can't remember because we had also won so many of the RCCL items from trivia games and the scavenger hunt. We are hoping to play on our next cruise in October.

It did stink that only the captains got prizes. Don't get me wrong. They deserved them. But I was in my underwear twice, including the final dance off wearing flip flops, lipstick and a bra, gave up my belt, hat, was at the bottom of our pyramid and gave teammates piggyback rides. That was exhausting. Gimme my medal and hat!!! :)

Sorry, this isn't the case. I'd read about this on the boards and was disappointed to see they didn't have it on our first cruise on Splendour in the Med (4 years ago), they also didn't have it on Adventure in the Med last year - coincidentally both times Leo Papa was cruise director so maybe he's not too keen on it. We sailed on Mariner last week and although they did Quest, it was only for the Italian speaking guests :rolleyes:

Well, that just plain STINKS!

It did stink that only the captains got prizes. Don't get me wrong. They deserved them. But I was in my underwear twice' date=' including the final dance off wearing flip flops, lipstick and a bra, gave up my belt, hat, was at the bottom of our pyramid and gave teammates piggyback rides. That was exhausting. Gimme my medal and hat!!! :)[/quote']

The rules have definitely changed...years ago we ALL got the key chain and were happy and laughed at all the fun we had. I guess inflation has found its way into the games too.

I agree you should have gotten a trinket for bearing all.

Archived