Suite perks: Pinnacle Breakfast & Neptune Hours?

SweetP2

Thanks everyone for all your information and feedback re: Neptune Lounge, the Suite Perks (Pinnacle Breakfast) and service experiences. All so very helpful.

We will be sure to enjoy at least one breakfast in the Pinnacle (just because we can :D); dine at least one night in the PH (just because we :D) and to enjoy the Neptune Lounge between the hours of 7am - 8pm (just because we can :D). And we'll be sure to bring lots of prosecco for the huge fridge to sip on while sitting in the private hottub on deck as the coastline rolls past....ahhhh....

JUST BECAUSE WE CAN!

(how many more sleeps?)

SweetP

Ahhh, the Penthouse - I WANT TO GO BACK!!!

You are going to have a great time. You will have a bottle of Mumm Cordon Rouge Champagne (well, that's what we had) chilling on ice and waiting for you for that amazing sailaway from Vancouver, don't miss that (champagne flutes in the cabinet next to the door)! As for the hottub, I have to warn you that it is not very deep or large. Four adults would definitely not fit in there, and I am not sure even 2 would, really. It is not really a hot tub, more like a big bathtub with jets. However, I did not personally try it. My three kids fit in there just fine, and had a blast!

Our letter from the Hotel Manager says that the schedule for the Neptune Lounge during our cruise was the following:

Opening Hours: 7am-8:30pm

Continental Breakfast: 7am-10:30am

Midday Snacks: 11am-2:30pm

Afternoon Tea: 3pm-5pm

Canapés: 5pm-8:15pm

Pinnacle Grill breakfast started only on Monday (we set sail on Saturday), same breakfast hours as the MDR.

ENJOY!!

In case someone didn't mention it, the menu for breakfast in the PG is the same as in the MDR. As someone did mention, don't hesitate to mix and match and order off menu. They'll do their best to make you happy.

On my Eurodam cruise this summer, there was never a problem getting a table either next to the window or across the aisle for breakfast in the PG. I'm an early riser so that probably helped.

We had the PH but ate in the PG for breakfast on sea days. On port days, we typically ordered breakfast from room service. In fact, we liked the private dining in the PH so much that we ordered a number of dinners from room service and enjoyed a relaxing evening. The staff did a wonderful job.

Enjoy!

I love having breakfast in the Pinnacle. Our experience with the Pinnacle at night has been very spotty. I don't think we ate there at night last year. Breakfast is wonderful. It is hardly ever crowded and it is really enjoyable. The suites have ruined us also. The Neptune is great and we use it a lot.

Just ONE breakfast in the Pinnacle? :confused: I guess it will be room service then :D I really like breakfast in the Pinnacle - it takes them one breakfast to get a feel of your wants and needs so do at least two - JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN :)

Hahaha...yes at least one breakfast in the Pinnacle. Our norm (how exciting we have a norm) is to breakfast in our room each morning...and just because we can, we'll just play it by ear every day and make a decision :D Thanks Jacqui for info - we'll keep firing you specific Q's on 7045 on Zuidy if you don't mind.

In case someone didn't mention it, the menu for breakfast in the PG is the same as in the MDR. As someone did mention, don't hesitate to mix and match and order off menu. They'll do their best to make you happy.

On my Eurodam cruise this summer, there was never a problem getting a table either next to the window or across the aisle for breakfast in the PG. I'm an early riser so that probably helped.

We had the PH but ate in the PG for breakfast on sea days. On port days, we typically ordered breakfast from room service. In fact, we liked the private dining in the PH so much that we ordered a number of dinners from room service and enjoyed a relaxing evening. The staff did a wonderful job.

Enjoy!

Agreed Bippie - best to stay in suite for port days and enjoy breakfast while preparing for the day in port. I'm kinda liking the sound of staying in our suite to dine - will save on corkage fees, and # of clothes we take for dining (in public). This is definetly going to be an experience for us :p

SP

I love having breakfast in the Pinnacle. Our experience with the Pinnacle at night has been very spotty. I don't think we ate there at night last year. Breakfast is wonderful. It is hardly ever crowded and it is really enjoyable. The suites have ruined us also. The Neptune is great and we use it a lot.

Oh my - will we even have time for port days - between us wanting to be in the Pinnacle for breakie, dinning in our suite and hanging out in the Neptune...and trying to fit 4 of us in the hottub...all the while with our crystal ware sippping on the beautiful size deck... I think we'll need to go around for another 7 days to really have the time to experience the ports!

What a dilemma!

Oh my - will we even have time for port days - between us wanting to be in the Pinnacle for breakie, dinning in our suite and hanging out in the Neptune...and trying to fit 4 of us in the hottub...all the while with our crystal ware sippping on the beautiful size deck... I think we'll need to go around for another 7 days to really have the time to experience the ports!

What a dilemma!

I hope that you can use the hottub on your Alaskan cruise.

Agreed Bippie - best to stay in suite for port days and enjoy breakfast while preparing for the day in port. I'm kinda liking the sound of staying in our suite to dine - will save on corkage fees, and # of clothes we take for dining (in public). This is definetly going to be an experience for us :p

SP

Agree nice to dine in your suite and lounge around. You should experience it in the nude ;) :D Just because you can

Hahaha...yes at least one breakfast in the Pinnacle. Our norm (how exciting we have a norm) is to breakfast in our room each morning...and just because we can, we'll just play it by ear every day and make a decision :D Thanks Jacqui for info - we'll keep firing you specific Q's on 7045 on Zuidy if you don't mind.

don't mind at all. You have my email. Fire away - JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN:):)

SP

That's exactly what we did - took our own wine, enjoyed all of the Waterford crystal wine and champagne glasses - skipped formal nights and dining in the PH. I didn't spend much time in the Neptune Lounge...why would I want to miss the views from the ship? Did drop in for a coffee, tea, or the muessli shots in the morning (they served it in small shot glasses).

That's exactly what we did - took our own wine, enjoyed all of the Waterford crystal wine and champagne glasses - skipped formal nights and dining in the PH. I didn't spend much time in the Neptune Lounge...why would I want to miss the views from the ship? Did drop in for a coffee, tea, or the muessli shots in the morning (they served it in small shot glasses).

We love picking up snacks in the Neptune lounge -- taking them back to the PS or SA -- and eating them looking out the big windows if the weather isn't co-operating so that we can sit outside.

I'm thinking we agree with many of you are suggesting...we'll be conducting drive-bys the Neptune Lounge and head back to our wonderful PH, deck and windows :D with hmmm...martini glasses with fresh fruit, snacks, yummy coffee, appys and SMILES.

I wasn't expecting such a great response to the tread...it is quite wonderful to hear the joy in your e-voices of the times, memories and experiences of HAL suite perks! THANKS for sharing with us.

And we will be sure to post upon our return (in less than 11 months and 3 weeks) our times, memories and experiences of the PH and Neptune Lounge.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a good thread...lots of information, but I do have a few questions.

Is the Pinnacle an extra charge restaurant? If so how much?

We are considering a Deluxe Veranda Suite, and my understanding is that these suites have use of the Neptune Lounge, but do they also get use of the Pinnacle?

What types of drinks are offered in the Neptune?

We have cruised 4 times on HAL (in the 90's) and lately have cruised mostly on Celebrity. HAL seems like a good alternative. I love the new brochure!

Is the Pinnacle an extra charge restaurant? If so how much?

We are considering a Deluxe Veranda Suite, and my understanding is that these suites have use of the Neptune Lounge, but do they also get use of the Pinnacle?

What types of drinks are offered in the Neptune?

We have cruised 4 times on HAL (in the 90's) and lately have cruised mostly on Celebrity. HAL seems like a good alternative. I love the new brochure!

If you have a deluxe verandah suite (or PH), your breakfast can be had in the Pinnacle Grill (on a couple of ships it is the Kings/Queens Lounge). There is no charge for this. It is part of the suites perks. Now, if you choose to dine in the Pinnacle for lunch or dinner, then you pay the price like everyone else, but breakfast is free. so relaxing and so nice. I highly recommend it.

There are no alcoholic drinks in the Neptune Lounge. Early morning there are juices, etc and the fantastic coffee machine and all kinds of stuff for continental breakfast.

Later there is iced tea, water & something else along with lunch munchies and later hors' d'houevres

Neptune Lounge also has tv, some have books, magazines, etc. Wifi is available there as well. And of course the concierges are there to help you with reservations, shore excursions, literally just about anything.

Hope this helps a bit ;)

If you have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill - can you have a window?

The Pinnacle Grill on the Rotterdam was situated in the ship's interior. We had breakfast most mornings, and did enjoy the quiet and wonderful service, but DH did also enjoy his Lido breakfasts, so to each his own, any breakfast aboard a HAL ship is much preferred to a breakfast anywhere else, JMHO,

Marilyn

Pinnacle on Volendam, Zaandam, Amsterdam and Rotterdam are all converted from previous Odyssey and/or Marco Polo. Those ships came from Financtieri with those specialty restaurants, all interior spaces, and were converted when the whole fleet got the SOE upgrades for Pinnacles to be added.

Those Marco Polo and Odyseey restaurants were very nice and were included in the fare. We had some fabulous suite dinners there and some wonderful dinners.

Pinnacle is better, IMO.

Is the Pinnacle an extra charge restaurant? If so how much? Open to everyone for lunch -- $10 per person & $25 per person for dinner.

We are considering a Deluxe Veranda Suite, and my understanding is that these suites have use of the Neptune Lounge, but do they also get use of the Pinnacle? The Pinnacle is available on most ships for Deluxe Suite Passengers and PS passengers for breakfast -- free -- S class, Vista and Signature. Breakfast on the R class varies -- Pinnacle, Dining room or King's Room.

What types of drinks are offered in the Neptune? No cocktails -- just juices and coffees and teas. There is a coffee machine where you can get lattes, capaccino, regular and decaf coffees.

Hope this helps.

On our May MS Rotterdam 16 day transatlantic in May; breakfast was offered for suite guest in the Pinnacle. Pinnacle Manager Benjamin and staff provided outstanding service at breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Thank you for the above post. First time on Holland America. Question; do suite passengers have access to the MDR or Pinnacle on embarkation?

Pinnacle is closed lunchtime on Embarkation Day.

There is (usually) a Mariners Lunch offered in Main Dining Room for guests who are returning for at least their second cruise. Most here agree that they seem to seat all guests who come to the MDR but there are sometimes exceptions. Being a suite guest makes no difference for this Lunch.

You guys really have me going now...! We have never sailed in anything above a veranda level room, usually just an outside, for budget reasons. Rather take two cruises than one, etc, the usual.

But maybe for a special like our 35th anniversary...hmmm. Coming up, God willing, in 2015.

On the other hand, 33rd in 2013 sounds even better! My guess is you have to book early to get a PH. When I worked for Royal Viking Line, those were the first to sell out.

With a dining table in our PH on the Eurodam, we consistently ordered room service breakfast on port days and ate in the PG on sea days. Both were great ways to start the day. Since this was a Baltic cruise, breakfast on the verandah would have been a bit chilly.

I'm in a minority here, but I found the Neptune Lounge to be just OK. I did like being able the exchange currency without waiting in the long lines at the front desk. Having access to snacks all day just encouraged more eating (not that there is anything wrong with that!). The coffee/tea was also great. What wasn't great was the desire to linger. I found the furniture uncomfortable and I guess I just really want to see outside when I'm lingering on a ship. On the Eurodam, the NL is an interior room. I'd drop by, pick up something to eat/drink, and return to the PH. I could have just ordered room service.

Most others rave about the Neptune Lounge perk so maybe you'll like this more than I did.

Breakfast in the PG was quiet, efficient, and delicious. However, I did miss having a special menu like Princess offers their suite passengers. Still, they had no trouble with special requests for breakfast in the PG. Plenty of seats are available at or across from the windows so you hopefully can have a window view each morning you visit.

You guys really have me going now...! We have never sailed in anything above a veranda level room, usually just an outside, for budget reasons. Rather take two cruises than one, etc, the usual.

But maybe for a special like our 35th anniversary...hmmm. Coming up, God willing, in 2015.

On the other hand, 33rd in 2013 sounds even better! My guess is you have to book early to get a PH. When I worked for Royal Viking Line, those were the first to sell out.

How fast the Penthouse sells varies. Sometimes it sells very early and other times not. It also depends upon how many PS on the ship. Some ships have only one PS and others have four.

We have been asked if we wanted to upgrade to PS on some of our cruises about two or so weeks prior to sailing as they still had unsold PS. We have sailed in the PS and enjoyed it, of course, but there are actually a number of things about our "S" and 'SA" cabin we like better.

Just our personal preferences........

Archived