Platinum now....will be Emerald soon...

time4sun

We are currently Platinum and booked a JS on a 7 day cruise...do you receive double points for JS??? 2 days later we are booked on a 12 nt. in a GS....I'm pretty sure we get double for that?? If we become Emerald for our 7 nt., will it kick in for the 12 night...re: coupon books etc....??? Thank you...you guys are incredible!!!

We are currently Platinum and booked a JS on a 7 day cruise...do you receive double points for JS??? 2 days later we are booked on a 12 nt. in a GS....I'm pretty sure we get double for that?? If we become Emerald for our 7 nt., will it kick in for the 12 night...re: coupon books etc....??? Thank you...you guys are incredible!!!

The only thing that I can tell you is that there are double points for the JS as well as the other suites.

If you change status between cruises, go see the Loyalty Ambassador on board who will see that you get the proper coupon books. You should be able to get more of a balcony discount for the second cruise which (s)he will be able to help you with as well.

did a b2b in november changed status for the second week- did get the

platinum coupon book but no discount (we were in a js)

did another b2b in feb. changed from emerald to dimand the second week-

finally got the diamond coupon book (after three trips to the crown and anchor desk) but again no discount (we were in a js)

Unless things have changed you should get TRIPLE credits for sailing a GS on a 12-nighter. (2 for the 12 nights and 1 bonus for the suite)

We did in 2007. Worth checking up on...

Unfortunately they have changed, back at the start of the year.

It's per night points now but you will get double for a JS or above, so on a 12 nights in a JS or higher you will get 24 points. 7 nighter = 14 points and so on.....

We change from Platinum to Emerald after our next cruise (2 weeks to go !!) and I doubt the system will update in time for the next trip in Nov so we will take our sea passes to get Emerald booklets etc for then.

Unfortunately they have changed, back at the start of the year.

It's per night points now but you will get double for a JS or above, so on a 12 nights in a JS or higher you will get 24 points. 7 nighter = 14 points and so on.....

We change from Platinum to Emerald after our next cruise (2 weeks to go !!) and I doubt the system will update in time for the next trip in Nov so we will take our sea passes to get Emerald booklets etc for then.

So, compared to the old system this is even BETTER! It's the equivalent of QUADRUPLE points compared to the old system.

I don't know how many hundreds of postings I read where people made Diamond and Diamond Plus in only one or two years by taking tons of 3 and 4 day cruises in a Junior Suite.

It never seemed right than an 11-night cruise got no more credit than a 3-nighter.

Even without loyalty points cruises are the most fun vacations !

Ohhhh...I got very excited for a minute!!! The idea of 3 pts. a night for our GS would have made us Diamond...otherwise we are actually 3 points away after the 2nd cruise...pooh! We'll chat with the powers that be on the 2nd leg but it doesn't appear that we'll get much of a benefit anyway??? Thanks for all of the great advice!!!

Archived