Bermuda in November

cardamon

OK Fashionistas:p- 4 women going to Bermuda, sailing from Baltimore on Nov. 12 for 5 nights: need advise on what to wear- in Bermuda (we are only there 26 hours, ovenight 1 night) and on board. Anyone done this and can give us suggestions on what to pack? My cruise wardrobe is usually easy- I live at the beach most of the summer, and only cruise warm climates. Help!!!:confused:

I agree with Keith on the temperatures. You're going to need some things that are a bit more than typical beach clothes.

Many people mistakenly think Bermuda will be as warm as the Caribbean. That's why cruises to Bermuda typically end in Oct. except for the ones that are just a stopever.

How warm is the weather "typically" the first half of October? I know it is shoulder season, and it can vary dramatically, depending on what type of "fronts" move through (or hurricanes :eek:). We have not been to Bermuda, and thinking of waiting til next year end of September, or early October, and just booking a last minute cruise to Bermuda. That way, we would not be going if there is a hurricane. I would not want to book a Bermuda cruise in the fall and end up going to Canada or New England. Not that there is anything wrong with those places. Just looking for a "great deal" to see Bermuda. There are some really great ones out there Sept/Oct times.

You have a fairly good chance of beach weather early in October. I'd bring a lighweight jacket though, just in case. Bermuda weather is very variable and certainly depends if there are any tropical storms.

But odds are in your favor for good weather. :)

End of November, is golf and tennis weather but not beach weather.

How warm is the weather "typically" the first half of October? I know it is shoulder season, and it can vary dramatically, depending on what type of "fronts" move through (or hurricanes :eek:). We have not been to Bermuda, and thinking of waiting til next year end of September, or early October, and just booking a last minute cruise to Bermuda. That way, we would not be going if there is a hurricane. I would not want to book a Bermuda cruise in the fall and end up going to Canada or New England. Not that there is anything wrong with those places. Just looking for a "great deal" to see Bermuda. There are some really great ones out there Sept/Oct times.

I heard there are some good deals for Veendam from NYC to Bermuda for this shoulder/end of season.

OK Fashionistas:p- 4 women going to Bermuda, sailing from Baltimore on Nov. 12 for 5 nights: need advise on what to wear- in Bermuda (we are only there 26 hours, ovenight 1 night) and on board. Anyone done this and can give us suggestions on what to pack? My cruise wardrobe is usually easy- I live at the beach most of the summer, and only cruise warm climates. Help!!!:confused:

Think Jersey shore in May... warm days for walking around but probably not for beach going - water was too cool for me. Evening will be cool - need a sweater on land and on deck. Found this was a good time for walking St. Georges - layer tee with sweater as you may go by ferry which is very windy if outside but can be warm in the direct sun when in town.

Archived