Which port is better

janice2348

Would you recommend Bermuda or the Caribbean for first timers? It seems Bermuda is less overwhelming, but at the same time, limited.

Depends on what you want to do.

Such as touring, sightseeing, shopping, beaches, history, watersports, sailing, snorkeling.

Also, Bermuda is much further north, so if you want hot weather, Bermuda will not do it in the winter.

If you do Bermuda, will you be there for a number of days, whereas cruising in the Caribbean, you will get to see multiple ports, but only be there for one day.

Would you recommend Bermuda or the Caribbean for first timers? It seems Bermuda is less overwhelming, but at the same time, limited.

We have been to Bermuda and most of the Caribbean. Did not care for Bermuda. But have yet to find a port in the rest of the Caribbean that we didn't like.

Bermuda has a few nice beaches but most of the shops close at 5:00 pm or so except for jewelry stores and liquor stores. Things could have changed since we were there, however. We found most store owners to be rude. The best part that we enjoyed was the nighttime carriage ride around town.

Bermuda is lovely, but a bit pricey. And in no way is it like the Caribbean. There are those who have not traveled much who are put off by the poverty they see in the islands. Bermuda would be ideal for them...But don't look at it as if is the only cruise you will ever take. Book the one that fits your schedule and budget, and leave the other for the next time. EM

I agree with the Caribbean. Haven't done Bermuda yet, but hope to one day to see what it's like. Love the Caribbean though. So many awesome choices.

And Janice, if that's your cat on the suitcase, mine does the same thing. Not sure if they want to go with you or just like laying on anything that you put down. Maybe both!

Enjoy your cruise....... :)

I agree that for the first cruise it makes sense to go to the Caribbean.

For those of you who have sailed the Caribbean one or more times and are ready to branch out I would highly recommend Bermuda. It's a wonderful island and we prefer it over most caribbean ports.

Keith

I would do the Caribbean, I think Bermuda is absolutly BEAUTIFUL, but I really enjoy Bermuda (just like Hawaii) as a resort trip and not done on a cruise.

There are many different areas in the Caribbean to choose from. HAPPY CRUISING!!!:D:D

I agree with the Caribbean. Haven't done Bermuda yet, but hope to one day to see what it's like. Love the Caribbean though. So many awesome choices.

And Janice, if that's your cat on the suitcase, mine does the same thing. Not sure if they want to go with you or just like laying on anything that you put down. Maybe both!

Enjoy your cruise....... :)

No it isn't- I took it off a website but he reminds me of a cat I lost.

I have been to both.

Bermuda: Pros: Horseshoe bay beach is Beautiful, best snorkeling trip to date, don't have to watch the clock to be back on the ship. Very easy to get around.

Cons: I didn't really feel like I was cruising, as the ship was parked in one port for 3 days it just became my hotel. The people in the stores and the bus drivers expect you to behave in a certain manner. IE: you go to get on the bus, but first say to the driver "Hi does this bus goes to the caves?" You will be considered rude and be told. So you say Hi, how are you today?, that's wonderful to hear. Same way in the store lots of chet chat before you ask if they carry sun block or browse around. This really grows old.

Caribbean: You feel like your cruising because the ship is moving from port to port and it is wonderful to look out over the ocean. You get to see different ports, the people are friendly and fun. So I would recommend this for a first cruise. And go to burmuda another time.

Archived