Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future (Continued)

CC Help Jenn

If you are touring without an RCL cruise tour as we did, here's what we did:

We wanted the experience of the Alaska RR and took the Coastal Classic from Anchorage to Seward and then spent a few nights in Seward pre-cruise. We booked Goldstar service because we wanted the advantage of the dome car throughout the trip. Well worth the expense in our opinion. We also took one of the long boat tours on Resurrection Bay out of Seward. Fabulous tour!

If you are doing any hotel reservations on your own, book as early as you can to get the best prices. One front desk clerk was amazed at the rate I had. I explained that I booked as soon as the bookings opened.

Wow Marla,

Great tips, that is very much what we planned to do. We love the idea of getting into port a few days early and exploring on our own. That is what we will be doing this May in Venice before our Splendour cruise.

Thanks again.

Bill

I have hunted without luck.

What sort of power outlets do the rooms have on Radiance?

Have to charge the cameras / camcorder and need to know what outlets are on the ship.

Pictures do not seem to show it.

Thanks,

Walter

They have USA/Canadian 110 volt outlets and European 220/240 outlets. There are only 2 of each, maybe less in the lower category rooms. I'm not sure. But most electronics these days are dual voltage so I bring European adapters so I can use all outlets. Now I'm thinking there may only be one European outlet. Either way, those are the two types of outlets you will have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

I read on another thread about Radiance that the E-3 balconies on the hump on Deck 8 (8590 & 8600) are very tiny. Would that mean the ones on Deck 7 in the same spots (7596 and 7606) are tiny too? If so, just how small are they? Still plenty of room for two people right?

Thanks

Bill

We are doing the Round trip Radiance Sept 6 2013...very excited about our 9256 aft cabin.

Here is a pic of the hump port and starboard sides and the aft, be sure and look at those just in case.

1zducxv.jpg

Hi,

Like I mentioned on the other thread where you just posted these pictures, the numbers on the one showing the hump cabins don't seems to line up. The numbers shown here are all aft (behind) the hump.

I didn't put those numbers on the photo(don't know how or how to take them off), I just copied and posted it so you could see the balconies. You are right. The deck 8 cabin 8600 is at the beginning of the hump starboard as shown.

Edited by BecciBoo

Yep, that is definitely not Radiance in the middle picture. My bad. Sorry:o

:D No problem.

So this is for anyone, back to my original question.

I read on another thread about Radiance that the E-3 balconies on the hump on Deck 8 (8590 & 8600) are very tiny. Would that mean the ones on Deck 7 in the same spots (7596 and 7606) are tiny too? If so, just how small are they? Still plenty of room for two people right?

thanks again, :)

Bill

:D No problem.

So this is for anyone, back to my original question.

thanks again, :)

Bill

Bill I searched and found this, it should help you decide if those cabins are the ones you want to book.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=108033&highlight=radiance+cabin+8600

Bill I searched and found this, it should help you decide if those cabins are the ones you want to book.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=108033&highlight=radiance+cabin+8600

Thanks, that was very helpful. I think I will go for an E1 in the middle of the hump instead. I didn't realize it was just $100 more and it looks to be a worthwhile investment.

Bill

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks, that was very helpful. I think I will go for an E1 in the middle of the hump instead. I didn't realize it was just $100 more and it looks to be a worthwhile investment.

Bill

your welcome!! I think you've made a great choice!!

Bill

Just another little warning about the mid-hump cabins on deck 8 starboard. The cabins themselves are slightly smaller than other category E cabins. The love seat is a little smaller and the drawers on either side of the desk/vanity are smaller.

The view from those cabins more than makes up for it to me but I thought you ought to know.

Just another little warning about the mid-hump cabins on deck 8 starboard. The cabins themselves are slightly smaller than other category E cabins. The love seat is a little smaller and the drawers on either side of the desk/vanity are smaller.

The view from those cabins more than makes up for it to me but I thought you ought to know.

Thank Amy. I agree I think the view will more than make up for a little less shelf space. :)

Thanks

Bill

The love seat which is actually more like an over sized chair, is the reason we won't book an E cabin, we like the D cabins with a full size sofa :)

You may want to visit this site:

http://www.********************/view_room.php?r_id=61735

cruiselinerooms dot com

THey show the smaller balconies.

Be aware though that Radiance changed it's cabin numbering recently, so I'm not sure how valid some of the room numbers are.

Good luck,

Walter

Edited by CanCruise2005

You may want to visit this site:

http://www.********************/view_room.php?r_id=61735

cruiselinerooms dot com

THey show the smaller balconies.

Be aware though that Radiance changed it's cabin numbering recently, so I'm not sure how valid some of the room numbers are.

Good luck,

Walter

I believe you are thinking of Rhapsody.

Radiance didn't change cabin numbers during her dry dock or anytime after that. The old CL on Deck 10 is now Cabin 1054. They also added 6 new cabins on Deck 4 where Breakers Dining Room used to be....4580 - 4590.

All other cabin numbers have remained the same.

Thank you everyone for all the advice on the balcony cabins. We booked today cabin 8592 for August 30, 2013 Alaska southbound. It's our first trip to Alaska and looking forward to a beautiful cruise. :)

Bill

Take good care of her as we will be getting on when you return. I can't wait either.......:o How can there be a bad cabin??:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks

I have put a deposit on 7642, an E3 Aft (not THE aft:p) cabin. Not a lot of choice but now having read through this and the previous thread, I am wondering if the cover of the lifeboats extends this far back?