RIP Platinum Benefits?

Blasian

Sorry, but I have to chime in here even though I am sure the OP doesnt need my help...

The OP was simply defending his postion based on a snide comment, as you put it, from another poster calling him a carnival hater... this little "tiff" was the result of that ignorant comment... so if you want to call someone on being snide, perhaps you should be a bit more even handed with the finger waving!

I am not a mind reader, I just know how to read. You didnt get flamed until YOU started making snide comments at people. :rolleyes:

You asked a question and people answered. Sorry that instead of READING what they said, you took it the wrong way and made a nasty remark and got called out on it.

The breaks mentioned in the survey are at 25, 75 and 225 days on board.

Just to confirm a point - if one meets these day level during the middle of a cruise, the following cruise is the one that the next level applies to, correct? We just started cruising and I'm not addicted. We will have 23 days at sea when we sail in Oct 2012.

Joyce

John posted that they are thinking of changing over next spring .. so I guess to me he posted notice .. but usually things do happen later than anticipated. But they hope for next spring from what Iv read.

There again real notice not rumors......

There again, I appreciate all John does for the brand and for us cruisers!!!

Yep... I've found that to be the case...

:)

Thanks for the confirmation.

The breaks mentioned in the survey are at 25, 75 and 225 days on board. It appears that they are dropping the Gold, Platinum, Milestone thing and going with some other name to designate the levels.

Interestingly thou, it appears they are keeping the Blue, Gold, Silver (Platinum), and White card colors on the different levels. Based solely on the options you posted the other day...

Thanks for all you do Mach!

There again real notice not rumors......

There again, I appreciate all John does for the brand and for us cruisers!!!

Thanks for the confirmation.

Interestingly thou, it appears they are keeping the Blue, Gold, Silver (Platinum), and White card colors on the different levels. Based solely on the options you posted the other day...

Thanks for all you do Mach!

These are the images they sent along with the survey:

Graphic-1php.jpg

Graphic3php.jpg

Graphic-2php.jpg

I don't think I'd bet money on those being final...

Just to confirm a point - if one meets these day level during the middle of a cruise, the following cruise is the one that the next level applies to, correct? We just started cruising and I'm not addicted. We will have 23 days at sea when we sail in Oct 2012.

Joyce

I really don't have a clue but that's what I would expect to happen. It would probably complicate things quite a bit to offer the upgrade during the cruise rather than the next one but who knows? Carnival has done some unexpected things in the past!

I really don't have a clue but that's what I would expect to happen. It would probably complicate things quite a bit to offer the upgrade during the cruise rather than the next one but who knows? Carnival has done some unexpected things in the past!

I'm good regardless. We have a suite because it's our 30th wedding anniversay. Cruise after that then can be at the next level.

My theory is that the added tier will be at the top and not the bottom. Something needs to be done with the Milestone (or equivalent) level. There are currently no added perks after the 10th, Platinum cruise, except for the four cruises at 25, 50, 75, and 100, where the specific OBC is given. On your 26th, 40th, 85th, 99th, etc. cruises, the perks are exactly the same as Platinum. I think Carnval needs to do better. A nice black card for the highest level would be nice. Something that actually looks classy.

This is strictly my opinion and I have no more real knowledge of this than anyone else here. I like using the number of days and we will be at the highest level next year so it really doesn't matter much for me.

I heard a nasty rumor from a friend that Carnival is considering getting rid of the Platinum Member benefits/program which will only leave the Milestone program. I hope this is totally false. Has anyone heard anything about this?

I've been waiting for years for them to start a credible one. What they offer is a joke compared to the other lines.

----

I did not know you were a mind reader. I wish I were since I had no clue what he/she was referring to.

I asked an innocent question and get flamed. WOW! If you do not have anything positive or informative to offer, please keep it to yourself.

Thanks a million.

And YOU were the one that posted this rumor????........;).....Dennis

I've been waiting for years for them to start a credible one. What they offer is a joke compared to the other lines.

---

H82seaUgo, in your opinion, who is doing the loyalty program right? I ask because I have no clue and know nothing about the other cruise line loyalty programs.

IF Carnival's new loyalty plan gives you credit for the duration of the cruise vs quantity, will that not penalize the people who can not do longer cruises? I am just thinking aloud here... There has to be a fair balance.

Perhaps so but isn't the other end of the spectrum, the current system, penalizing those who only do longer cruises?

The argument I've always heard is 'Why is someone who does ten three day cruises getting the same perks at I am after ten seven day cruises?' Sounds like a very valid question to me.

IF Carnival's new loyalty plan gives you credit for the duration of the cruise vs quantity, will that not penalize the people who can not do longer cruises? I am just thinking aloud here... There has to be a fair balance.

Thats been the entire crux of this. Those that sail longer cruises feel those that take shorter ones should not reach the next level before they do. This dbate will rage on until Carnival comes out with its final verdict, until then, I'm just gonna cruise.

Thats been the entire crux of this. Those that sail longer cruises feel those that take shorter ones should not reach the next level before they do. This dbate will rage on until Carnival comes out with its final verdict, until then, I'm just gonna cruise.

---

I like this!

"I'm just gonna cruise" :)

As someone who does some longer and some shorter cruises.. I dont know why a short cruise should be worth the same thing as a longer cruise?

I can wish RCL didnt change their loyalty this year to days.. but something had to be done maybe as people took tons of short 3 day cruises who lived near a port and they were so high they got all the benefits and those who took longer cruises and have to fly to ports didnt.

There is probably no way everyone will like whatever they do.

As someone who does some longer and some shorter cruises.. I dont know why a short cruise should be worth the same thing as a longer cruise?

I can wish RCL didnt change their loyalty this year to days.. but something had to be done maybe as people took tons of short 3 day cruises who lived near a port and they were so high they got all the benefits and those who took longer cruises and have to fly to ports didnt.

There is probably no way everyone will like whatever they do.

----

That is true, Firefly! You can't please everyone. Someone is going to get the short end of the stick at some point. :confused:

I really didn’t think that Carnival would copy another cruise line. However it looks like that is what they are doing. RCCL switched their program to be based on days at sea with six different levels. I prefer the look of the Fun Fleet card. I don’t think that Carnival should change anything and that they should leave it the way it is. I guess we will all find out what Carnival has in store for us next year.

From what others have said, if you look at the per diem rate of the shorter cruises, the prices are higher than the longer ones. Those of us that sail solo are paying for two people which in effect is the same price for a longer cruise. My time constraints don't allow me to do 7 or more nights. Why should I get penalized?:mad: Just saying...

We personally like the days instead of cruise count. We made Platinum in 77 days and Milestone in 188. Currently those both can be achieved in 30 and 75 days by taking 10 and 25 three day cruises.

I really think everything is going to change anyway and there won't be much correlation between the current and new loyalty program. We still need four seven day cruises next year to get into the top tier and I'm not expecting to be put into the top tier until we have the needed days. The third level is too big and I really hope they improve the top tier.

The breaks mentioned in the survey are at 25, 75 and 225 days on board. It appears that they are dropping the Gold, Platinum, Milestone thing and going with some other name to designate the levels.

Another one of those 'Just my Opionion' comments, but it looks to me like Carnival is actually thinking of adding 2 tiers to the current system. Currently there are really only 2, Past Guests with at least 1 cruise and Platinum with 10+, Milestone at this time is not really a tier, just a 1 time bonus at 25 cruises. With what it is looking like there will be a tier between past guest and Platinum and then additional benifits for milestone if that is what they call it. Who knows maybe they will keep the OBC for 25/50/75 cruises also

Archived