RIP Platinum Benefits?

Blasian

I've heard Platinum is going away also - being replaced by another customer loyalty program. I'm not worried :) There will still be tiers like the current program. Just different names/rules...

I think I remember that present Platinum will be grandfathered in. What are the things that are most important to you as Platinum members?

I don't cruise for the perks and gifts (which plenty of people complain about), so I don't much care at this point what they do. I cruise for the pure FUN of it, so I'll paraphrase what someone else posted: until Carnival decides, I'll just keep cruising... :)

I think I remember that present Platinum will be grandfathered in. What are the things that are most important to you as Platinum members?

----

The things that are appealing to me are the Complimentary wash and fold service. I don't know about you but I hate having to wash all those dirty clothes once I get back home. I also would REALLY enjoy the priority Spa Carnival reservations. All the other perks are great and much appreciated but for me, those are the best.

It should not make any difference whether you take three day cruises or seven day cruises. Carnival set it up and stated with ten cruises you are platinum. It’s up to the cruiser to select what type of cruise they want to take. With the proposed 75-224 cruise day tier you don’t reach that with ten seven day cruises. You would need eleven. Maybe if you get one point for each cruise and extra points for having enough money to book a suite. I wonder if Carnival will divide the perks that platinum level get now between the two middle tiers or will they add some new ones. Well sometime next year we will know.

----

The things that are appealing to me are the Complimentary wash and fold service. I don't know about you but I hate having to wash all those dirty clothes once I get back home. I also would REALLY enjoy the priority Spa Carnival reservations. All the other perks are great and much appreciated but for me, those are the best.

My favorite is the priority boarding!

If they are talking about a 75 cruise day level, I would think that would be considered equal to Platinum? I'd like to see an increase of benefits at Platinum also. We sail CCL ,RCCL and Celebrity and Diamond (RCCL) and Elite(Celebrity) offer much better benefits. Hopefully once CCL cuts off people from making Platinum after 9 (possibly only 3-4 days each) cruises and enforces a minimal amount of days to reach platinum, then the extra funds can be used towrads truely rewarding and more valuable benefits.

I really think its a nasty rumor!

We were on the Dream a couple weeks ago and never hear anything. Though we arent Platinum we talked to a few couples who were and asked them, if they liked it. And they said yes, never heard them say things had changed anything of that nature.

People are always trying to start crap. And its really stupid i think, there is more to life than trying to cause problems. I guess some people are bored.

I think they are just Jealous of the Funship! :cool:

the extra funds can be used towrads truely rewarding and more valuable benefits.

What extra funds? Most of the perks cost them nothing:

All Gold member benefits ... free

Personalized stationery ... maybe 50 cents?

A special Carnival logo item ... $2?

Guaranteed dining times and steakhouse reservations ... free

Complimentary $20 entry fee into blackjack or slots tournament** ... I think this amounts to free since it only costs the other competitors some decrease in their odds. Unless the prize is increased based on the number of people playing?

Spa Carnival priority reservations .... free

Petit fours and/or canapés delivered to cabin*** one evening ... $2?

Complimentary wash and fold laundry service ... free

Priority tender boarding ... free

Priority embarkation and debarkation ... free

Complimentary arcade tokens valued at $5 dollars for guests under

18 years of age ... free

While some of the perks are nice, the cost to CCL is really negligible. I would bet that John H himself gives away more cost of items any given week than the platinum program does. Certainly freebies given by all the CDs must cost more... but still negligible given the millions in base fares they collect in a week.

I don't really care. I'm just saying that the cost to Carnival, even with the OBC on the milestone program, has got to be trivial. It would be great to get some free pix (which again would cost CCL almost nothing) or something of real value, but in the end I'll go (or not go) with CCL based on the cost and itinerary.

I will bet that not one Platinum cruiser reached 10 cruises by doing 10 three day consecutive cruises, I can't figure why people are so fixated on that notion.

I agree with you, but I bet you there are many, many who have gotten to be Platinum by sailing 10 3 day cruises. It happens on all lines that have 3 day cruises.

I just want you to know, that even though we live in FL, our cruises have all be 7 days at least, so we're not part of that group. I am not complaining, just saying.

---

Funny! I never wrote I "believed" anything. I came here to get knowledge. Obviously, that was a HUGE mistake since only a few people have actually given any courteous and useful information.

Including you at times.

I really didn’t think that Carnival would copy another cruise line. However it looks like that is what they are doing. RCCL switched their program to be based on days at sea with six different levels. I prefer the look of the Fun Fleet card. I don’t think that Carnival should change anything and that they should leave it the way it is. I guess we will all find out what Carnival has in store for us next year.

Carnival does copy other cruiselines... for example... the big screen tv on lido (which I truly dislike )... copied off of Princess... (which is now a part of Carnival...)

Anytime dining... copied off of NCL. I just hope they dont decide to copy the shopping malls and central parks... from RCL... I prefer my ship having the feeling of a cruise... out on the ocean... away from all the hassle....

I like listening to the ocean while laying on the lido deck by the pool early in the morning.... not listening to the news... I could do that in my cabin....

Being able to embark without waiting in those long lines.... and a very good one is priority tendering... that way if we have a private tour booked.. we can get off the ship first instead of waiting in those long long lines...

The platinum line at guest services is nice when the other lines are long...

Anyone see a pattern here?? I dont like long lines... stood in them for years before earning my platinum status....

Carnival is supposed to revamp the program next spring. rumors are it will be by days you cruise instead of cruises counted.. but they wouldnt do away with levels. That would be a huge jump from gold to milestone.

Even though I dont know what Carnival will do .. I am sure if anything they might add another new level as its such a big jump for people from 2 to 10 who are just starting out. But anything new is all guesswork.

just need to wait and see!

But since you mention it, your post is probably another thing they were refering to when they said stuff like that makes them want to stay off the boards....

For goodness sake...the OP heard a rumor and wanted to know if it was true or not. These boards are EXACTLY where one should go if they have questions.

Good grief!

I don't know...it seems to me the changes are going to happen because so many people sail CCL (just read an article in Conde Nast or one of the other travel sites, I forget which) that stated that cruising is up drastically...more people are cruising than ever before.

I think with CCL having such a huge amount of people sailing her ships, with a large percentage of them being repeat customers, that having a loyalty program with a couple more 'steps' added is something that makes sense.

I have just reached Platinum. To be honest it doesn't mean all that much. Sure, the perks are sweet (I certainly wouldn't turn them down) but I don't cruise to get to a level. I cruise because I love being on a ship. SO...for me personally, whatever they do with the loyalty program will be fine for me. Keep it the same, change it..whatever. The fun is in cruising to get to the level :)

IF I was asked what I thought was fair, I probably would say to calculate based on days cruised, but whatever CCL decides is fine with me.

My concerns about CCL aren't Loyalty Program concerns...mine are about service. I have a cruise coming up and I set my expectations low(er) and I am praying they surpass them so my faith can be restored.

I don't know...it seems to me the changes are going to happen because so many people sail CCL (just read an article in Conde Nast or one of the other travel sites, I forget which) that stated that cruising is up drastically...more people are cruising than ever before.

I think with CCL having such a huge amount of people sailing her ships, with a large percentage of them being repeat customers, that having a loyalty program with a couple more 'steps' added is something that makes sense.

I have just reached Platinum. To be honest it doesn't mean all that much. Sure, the perks are sweet (I certainly wouldn't turn them down) but I don't cruise to get to a level. I cruise because I love being on a ship. SO...for me personally, whatever they do with the loyalty program will be fine for me. Keep it the same, change it..whatever. The fun is in cruising to get to the level :)

IF I was asked what I thought was fair, I probably would say to calculate based on days cruised, but whatever CCL decides is fine with me.

My concerns about CCL aren't Loyalty Program concerns...mine are about service. I have a cruise coming up and I set my expectations low(er) and I am praying they surpass them so my faith can be restored.

Agree with your comment regarding the loyalty program. People get very worked up about things (while we have been platinum for a while and enjoy the perks, and would enjoy more....they would not be the reason for us to cruise or not to cruise). Also agree in that the fun is getting there....the same could be said about life by the way;).

Hope they over acheive for you on your upcoming cruise.

Love the rumor mill. I am going to do what i do best Cruise and have fun

Host Mach Love reading or your info and insite does help out a lot thank you ..

Bring on a new program whatever it may be I have 185 Days at sea so if they up it I will have a new goal to reach for

Happy sailing

Yep... that rumor is totally false. They are developing a loyalty program that's based on days sailed rather than number of cruises but that's still in the planning stages.

The folks at Carnival have promised that Platinum folks won't lose their perks. The concept is to make the program more attractive... not less.

:)

imagine being at "9" when the new program goes in effect, if it even does before the end of time.

imagine being at "9" when the new program goes in effect, if it even does before the end of time.

?? As Iv stated on CC quite a few times when people go into panic mode without knowing the facts (no one knows how they will do this changeover).

My bet is they will follow RCL's lead so there is barely a mumur of complaint. RCL took every past cruise X 7 and then added 3 bonus days.

There were a few who lost a few days, those who had done cruises over 7 days, but most people dont do a lot of longer cruises, so at most the people complaining lost a day or two with the 3 day bonus thrown in.

Until we know how this will be implemented .. why are people so worried? You might come out just fine. I know people who do short cruises think they should be valued the same as longer cruises, but they also pay less for these cruises .. so Carnival wants to reward those who cruise more days imo.

?? As Iv stated on CC quite a few times when people go into panic mode without knowing the facts (no one knows how they will do this changeover).

My bet is they will follow RCL's lead so there is barely a mumur of complaint. RCL took every past cruise X 7 and then added 3 bonus days.

There were a few who lost a few days, those who had done cruises over 7 days, but most people dont do a lot of longer cruises, so at most the people complaining lost a day or two with the 3 day bonus thrown in.

Until we know how this will be implemented .. why are people so worried? You might come out just fine. I know people who do short cruises think they should be valued the same as longer cruises, but they also pay less for these cruises .. so Carnival wants to reward those who cruise more days imo.

and there would still be a line drawn as well, let's just say no matter how they get there, those with 8 cruises are "comped" to platinum. I would then be pissed if i was at 7.

Archived