Please help- so I can book flight today!

CRUISING71

Found great fair direct flight from MIA to LAX leaving MIA at 12:45pm.

Our ship -Carnival Liberty dock at 8:00am. Do you think we can make it to our airport for 12:45pm flight?

There is a chance if you disembark from the ship and carry your own luggage off the ship.

The Miami airport isn't that far from the pier. Make sure that you sign up for carrying your lugagge off and don't leave anything outside your cabin the night before arrival.

Lots of luck!!!! :rolleyes:

Our ship -Carnival Liberty dock at 8:00am. Do you think we can make it to our airport for 12:45pm flight?

We were in Miami on the Liberty in April, and had an 11:30 A.M. flight out.....of FLL!! And, yes, we had plenty of time. :o:D Good luck!

Hi Cruising71! We are on the Liberty that same week but we are going the Western route. Are you sure about the "Eastern Week" thinking you meant Easter Week. You definitely made me look at my cruise documents!! :)

One big consideration for me when booking flights home is that our insurance company requires that we book a trip that leaves at least 6 hours from the time that the ship is supposed to dock. So for the Liberty cruise which is due in Miami at 8:00 am we needed to book flights after 2:00 pm in order to be covered if we miss our flight home.

I haven't read this often on this site, but this is definitely a consideration if you have purchased insurance.

We chicken out and book the 3:45pm flight. Hubby said he doesn't want to be rush off the ship. He wants to enjoy his last breakfast on the ship.:)

Thank you everyone for your advices.

Oh, that is too bad. You are going to hate sitting at the airport, but, you can blame it on him, LOL.

Hi Cruising71! We are on the Liberty that same week but we are going the Western route. Are you sure about the "Eastern Week" thinking you meant Easter Week. You definitely made me look at my cruise documents!! :)

One big consideration for me when booking flights home is that our insurance company requires that we book a trip that leaves at least 6 hours from the time that the ship is supposed to dock. So for the Liberty cruise which is due in Miami at 8:00 am we needed to book flights after 2:00 pm in order to be covered if we miss our flight home.

I haven't read this often on this site, but this is definitely a consideration if you have purchased insurance.

Team V,

Where do you buy your insurance?

We buy a plan through one of the Canadian banks. It has very comprehensive coverage and although it is more expensive than some of the American plans I have seen quoted on this board, we purchase it because it has a fairly high limit to replace flights, pay for hotel rooms, meals, etc. One of the reasons we buying insurance is in case we miss our flights home due to a problem with the ship getting back to port on time. The cost of replacing a flight from a port to our home, via Toronto is much more than the limits offered by other insurance companies. We are a family of 4 so the costs over and above what insurance would pay are higher than I am comfortable risking.

It pays to shop around and read the fine print!

Yes, even if you use regular debarkation. No need to rush at all.

We chicken out and book the 3:45pm flight. Hubby said he doesn't want to be rush off the ship. He wants to enjoy his last breakfast on the ship.:)

Book an excursion. You are going to be at the airport by 10 or 10:15, even doing regular debarkation.

That's a bummer because you would have had plenty of time even if you didn't do self assist. You will be sitting in the airport for about 6 hours:eek:

Archived