Free Air Question

katz

We are using the free air with deviation. Does anyone know when O actually pays for the tickets? Our flight is on June 3, 2012 and we would like to upgrade our seats, but the airline won't do it until the tickets are paid for.

Thanks!!

We wanted to do the same thing for our flight from Rio in Dec.

I called our TA and she said O doesn't pay for tix until a month before, but we could make final payment then( a little over 3 months before the cruise), and be ticketed if we wanted, but would be responsible for any fees if changes were made.

Since Delta only has one flight/day from Rio to Atlanta, the only changes would be made by Delta, and if they changed the time, we wouldn't be charged anything(I confirmed this with Delta), so we paid, and then I contacted Delta to purchase the upgrade from Economy to Economy Comfort Plus.

Hope it's worth the extra money!

We are using the free air with deviation. Does anyone know when O actually pays for the tickets? Our flight is on June 3, 2012 and we would like to upgrade our seats, but the airline won't do it until the tickets are paid for.

Thanks!!

v

Assume your flights are reserved so you know which airline you are on? Many airlines will not allow you to upgrade Oceanie bought tickets. Have you checked with your airline as to whether your ticket is upgradeable?

If you are trying to upgrade to business, very doubtful you will be able to upgrade at all let alone after your ticket is actually purchased as even if your airline allows the upgrade, many people will probably be ahead of you in line.

Hope it all works out to your satisfaction.

I think they were ticketed about 30 days out but I do not remember exactly I know it was not very early

we upgraded to Exec class on A/C at the time of check in (for a fee) because seats were still available

I am sure that is not what you were asking so just saying ;)

Thanks!!

That's the way most airlines work. Oceania tickets/pays for the flights 30 days before. So based on history upgrades, even if your fare qualifies, are slim to none.

Archived