Mariner Rewards

eh2zed

Earned my 4 star status on my last cruise. Was disappointed that I was not invited to the cocktail reception nor was there any acknowledgment made. Thought it was pretty tacky that cruisers with less days received special treatment.:confused:

And I know your last cruise was on the Prinsendam. That's a bit surprising, as they've generally done a really nice job on recognition. Sorry to hear that....but since the Prinsendam draws so many multi day Mariners, perhaps it was difficult to include all.

I was told that unless you are a 4 Star Mariner they no longer invite you the the Cocktail Party prior to the Mariner Brunch UNLESS you are receiving your 100 day Copper Medallion or you might have had a special Invite:) I have to agree I think this is unfortunate. For us we received our 100 Copper Medallion in Feb 2008 then proceeded to cruise many times before the new Star Mariner Program came out so we were actually always invited to several Pre Cocktail Parties. Now I do know it depends on the Captain. On the Nieuw Amsterdam they did invite All medallion holders to the Pre lunch that they hold in the Queen's Lounge. We also were invited to the cocktail reception on the Westerdam. Our next cruise in just 24 days will be on the Oosterdam and we will actually be reaching 200 days about 4 days into the cruise. Of course I know we still will only have 3 Star Status the whole cruise but it will be interesting to see if we are invited. This will probably be the one time we are NOT invited :o

There tends to now be a sort of lack of recognition between getting that first medallion and hitting your 4 Star Status which to those that are close to 4 star and had enjoyed several invites after they got the medallion (pre Star Mariner Program) then to suddenly be snubbed is kind of sad.

Please correct me if I am wrong but when they first introduced the Star Mariner Program, they stopped mentioning Copper Medallions at all. My memory is they eliminated them and the old Medallion Program was thought to begin at Silver (500 days) Medalllion.

I'm VERY glad they reconsidered and copper are still awarded and I also think whenever at all possible, all should be included in all Mariner activities.

I acknowledge there could be the occassional cruises where there are just too many but that shouldn't happen that often.

We were on the Zuiderdam shortly after the new program began -- only 4 star Mariner's were invited to the Mariner's pre-brunch get together -- no cocktails -- no pictures -- just 4 of us there. And only 3 of us were actually 4 star Mariners -- the 4th person was the husband of the 4 star Mariner.

Since then -- every ship that we have been on invited all medal holders were invited to the cocktail parties.

Please correct me if I am wrong but when they first introduced the Star Mariner Program, they stopped mentioning Copper Medallions at all. My memory is they eliminated them and the old Medallion Program was thought to begin at Silver (500 days) Medalllion.

I'm VERY glad they reconsidered and copper are still awarded and I also think whenever at all possible, all should be included in all Mariner activities.

I acknowledge there could be the occassional cruises where there are just too many but that shouldn't happen that often.

Sorry for typo....... meant 300 days for Silver Medallion.

Yes, Sail you are correct, the Copper Medallions were eliminated for awhile when the Star Mariner program was introduced in Fall 2009 ,I think. We should have received our Copper Medallions in December 2009 on the Maasdam when we reached 100 days. We did not. We just received them this past June on the Amsterdam at 157 actual days and the CD did note that we were in a group that fell between the cracks between programs. We hit 4-star status before we were presented Copper Medallions. And now there are a slew of Coppers and a slew of 4 stars. I personally hope to reach 300, 500, and 700 actual days at some point. Barbara

Archived