Mariner Rewards

eh2zed

You won't get a 200 day Medallion. The Medallion program provides for Bronze at 100 days, Silver at 300, Gold at 500 and Platinum at 700 REAL days...... meaning double days for a suite or extra days for spending do not count toward Medallions.

At 200 days, you will earn a new Four Star Pin. You do not get benefit of the new status until your next cruise after earning that level except for World Cruise.

You won't get a 200 day Medallion. The Medallion program provides for Bronze at 100 days, Silver at 300, Gold at 500 and Platinum at 700 REAL days...... meaning double days for a suite or extra days for spending do not count toward Medallions.

They counted for us on our last Noordam cruise. We were invited to the pre-brunch and presented with a bronze medallion we did not expect as we were a few days short of REAL days. We got our medallion and had lunch with James Deering, the Hotel Manager.

They use discretion and sometimes award Medallions when the guest is only a few days short.

I think, upon investigation, you will find the only days counted toward your Medallion were 'real days'. This has very clearly beeen explained to me by the best of authority. :)

At the pre-brunch reception held for Medallion Holders, they announce the day totals which include the 'bonus days' but they do not count when computing who has reached the next milestone level.

At a couple of our award cocktail parties -- the number of days were never announced for those already holding medallions. Only the days for the new awardees were announced.

I got my 100 day medallion last March and wonder if I will be invited to the award cocktail party on my next cruise (NA in December) or if medallion holders just get invited to the regular Mariner's luncheon. There were a number of people at the cocktail party who were family members of those receiving medallions but I didn't know if some of the others were medallion holders who just weren't wearing them.

I know my husband and I will be mariners level 1 when we come back from our first cruise but do any of our purchases count towards sea days or is it just on second & subsequent cruises that that happens? We have prepurchased excursions etc and will be well over $1000 before we even step on board!

I know my husband and I will be mariners level 1 when we come back from our first cruise but do any of our purchases count towards sea days or is it just on second & subsequent cruises that that happens? We have prepurchased excursions etc and will be well over $1000 before we even step on board!
Everything counts on your first cruise. DB/DSiL got 5 days credits on their 1st, and if you get over $1400 or so you will too. They round up! (Remember your $11/p/d HSC counts too.)

Enjoy your first HAL cruise ... bet you'll get hooked like the rest of us! :)

Thanks for the info!! I was wondering and couldn't find anything that specifically said that!! We are so excited about this cruise - great itinerary and perfect timing for us - I'm an accountant and will come back relaxed and ready for personal tax season (I hope!!!)

I got my 100 day medallion last March and wonder if I will be invited to the award cocktail party on my next cruise (NA in December) or if medallion holders just get invited to the regular Mariner's luncheon. There were a number of people at the cocktail party who were family members of those receiving medallions but I didn't know if some of the others were medallion holders who just weren't wearing them.

Good point you made. Not all Medallion holders wear it at the cocktail reception prior to Brunch or at the Brunch. I know several Platinum Medallion holders who do not wear theirs. Actually, they don't always attend the Mariners events.

As to whether you will be invited to the cocktail party, it seems to vary a bit by ship and by how many others have more days than you. If there are not very many copper medallion holders on your particular cruise, you probably would be invited. If there happen to be more than usual Gold and Silver Holders and then lots of Copper, perhaps they will have a certain number of days as cut off.

Congratulations on achieving your Copper Level. :) Here's hoping for many more wonderful cruises for you.

I got my 100 day medallion last March and wonder if I will be invited to the award cocktail party on my next cruise ...

As to whether you will be invited to the cocktail party, it seems to vary a bit by ship and by how many others have more days than you.
I guess that explains why we didn't get an invite on the Ryndam, our only cruise since getting our 100 days on the N.A.

Probably, John. Some cruises they have a great number of Copper Medallion holders and depending upon where they have to have the reception and the amount of time they have for it, they might not have copper holders or maybe just some at the very top end almost ready to be awarded Silver Medallion.

One particular Captain I know of makes it a rule, he chats with every person at that cocktail reception. He goes from person (couple) to person and has at least a few words. He has to limit how many can be at the reception or there just isn't time.

I guess that explains why we didn't get an invite on the Ryndam, our only cruise since getting our 100 days on the N.A.

We've actually been on 3 cruises since receiving our Coppers - and have still never been invited to the reception. I think some of us just may fall through the cracks. One of these times I'll have to ask about it onboard - maybe something's wrong with our records.

Donna, Absolutely speak with Concierge or GRM or Front Office to let them know you'd like to attend that portion of the Mariner's event. Verify they have the right number of days credited for you and ask if they are including Copper Medallion Holders on that cruise.

We've actually been on 3 cruises since receiving our Coppers - and have still never been invited to the reception. I think some of us just may fall through the cracks. One of these times I'll have to ask about it onboard - maybe something's wrong with our records.

Run off a copy of your record of cruises from HAL's site.

Then when you get on your next ship - go to the front desk and ask questions as to why you haven't been invited to the Mariner awards cocktail parties since getting your Copper medals. And ask if you are going to be invited this time.

There is something wrong that you weren't invited.

Run off a copy of your record of cruises from HAL's site.

Then when you get on your next ship - go to the front desk and ask questions as to why you haven't been invited to the Mariner awards cocktail parties since getting your Copper medals. And ask if you are going to be invited this time.

There is something wrong that you weren't invited.

Depends on the Class of ship. "S" ships have the reception in Explorer's Lounge which is not that big. It is a 'sit down' reception and there is seating for only a certain number of people. On some of our Maasdam cruises, there have been surprising numbers of very high number Mariners which usually would not happen for a short cruise but in the event you have four Platinum and Six Gold Medallion Mariners, six or eight Silver Medallion and it isn't possible to have all the Copper Medallion people. That might be a case where they have the Copper Medallion people with the higher number of days approaching Gold. We've been on cruises with 80+ people who had Copper.

I understand a Four Star Mariners disappointment but while 200 days are a great many, those with 700 and 500 and 300 are included first, obviously. .... especially given they are all REAL, actual days - not days earned with bonus spending and Suite cabin.

There are so many Four Star Mariners now that it's very common. When the program first started there weren't so many but now there's a ton.

... We've been on cruises with 80+ people who had Copper.

That would certainly explain it! There's no way they could possibly squeeze us all in ... and, truthfully, as pleased as we were to reach Copper, we know it's just the first step and there are many, many others right there with us. We're closing in on 200 days (real days) now, but know we still have a long ways to go to get that Silver.

I was told that unless you are a 4 Star Mariner they no longer invite you the the Cocktail Party prior to the Mariner Brunch UNLESS you are receiving your 100 day Copper Medallion or you might have had a special Invite:) I have to agree I think this is unfortunate. For us we received our 100 Copper Medallion in Feb 2008 then proceeded to cruise many times before the new Star Mariner Program came out so we were actually always invited to several Pre Cocktail Parties. Now I do know it depends on the Captain. On the Nieuw Amsterdam they did invite All medallion holders to the Pre lunch that they hold in the Queen's Lounge. We also were invited to the cocktail reception on the Westerdam. Our next cruise in just 24 days will be on the Oosterdam and we will actually be reaching 200 days about 4 days into the cruise. Of course I know we still will only have 3 Star Status the whole cruise but it will be interesting to see if we are invited. This will probably be the one time we are NOT invited :o

There tends to now be a sort of lack of recognition between getting that first medallion and hitting your 4 Star Status which to those that are close to 4 star and had enjoyed several invites after they got the medallion (pre Star Mariner Program) then to suddenly be snubbed is kind of sad.

Archived