Business class air

luckyD

Has anyone booked business class air thur SS for the Dubai/Mauritius trip 12/4 ending 1/4? Had quite a shock when I made seat assignments to find we were in coach on the Mauritius to JNB leg. This is international,so this should be business also. Would like to know if anyone else has had problems. Don't want to make a fuss if this is just the way it is. Ticket price was very dear and expected to be in business, since that is what we paid for. Hope someone has some feedback for us.

Thanks

Wripro, you're correct, but from Mauritius to JNB, it has to be over water and it is international, no matter how you look you at it. My TA talked to SS air department they said this was a domestic leg. Going from an island country(hence over water) to a foreign country, South Africa,is I believe international. Thanks, Wripro for your reply. It will be interesting to see if anyone else has a problem.:confused:

Wripro, you're correct, but from Mauritius to JNB, it has to be over water and it is international, no matter how you look you at it. My TA talked to SS air department they said this was a domestic leg. Going from an island country(hence over water) to a foreign country, South Africa,is I believe international. Thanks, Wripro for your reply. It will be interesting to see if anyone else has a problem.:confused:

Lucky D...

Yes, having flown from S. Afr. to Mauritius I can tell you it's international! Very much so. Perhaps the air department needs a new map? :D

Reminds me of when I had a travel agent call me and say their customer wanted to fly to Nepal, India. No amount of convincing could get her to understand that Nepal and India were separate sovereign nations!

If there is no business class on the plane,Silversea puts you in first class. This is what happens to us on flight back from Barbados to Baltimore on our transatlantic cruise on the Spirit October 21. You paid for business class. Try to find out if this flight is coach class only. If so you should ask for a credit or possibly change flights. Our contact at Silversea, Marcia Burdick(vacation consultant) was most helpful to us in dealing with the Silversea air department. We had several changes that she handled without a problem. Maybe your TA can contact her. Her contact number is(800) 682-8517 Ext.3070. Good Luck!

It's a four hour flight and you paid for business class. It could be that business is booked solid, which would not be unusual on a cruise day.

16 seats could easily be taken with SS passengers and you're the unlucky one. No matter, their office is giving a BS response. This is why you have a travel AGENT. It is their job to make this right.

Had a similar problem a few years back having paid for Business Class from the Seychelles to London via Dubai. Tickets arrived late and could not sort out the Seychelles to Dubai leg which was ticketed in coach before leaving to join cruise. Tried again when onboard and hit the usual 'head office dealing with it problem'. They tried to claim that BC was full and couldn't refund part of ticket. Long story short, flew to Dubai in coach, p****d off and then it cost SS considerably more to sort it out once we got home.

Agree with other posters, get your TA to sort it before you go if possible, and if not do not be put off with anything less than a significant refund.

We are on the Athens to Lisbon cruise in 2 weeks. Our TA had to call SS several times to ensure all the legs of the trip on Lufthansa were business class since we elected to pay for the upgrade. We also changed the dates to leave 3 days prior to and return 1 day after the cruise.

Your TA should be able to work with SS to get all the legs of your flight in business class.

Happy Days Are Here Again! Looks like all is good with our business class flights. A few changes from the first itinerary,but actually better for us. A very long lay over in London but thats okay too. Our TA is, without a doubt one of the best in the business. Thanks to all for your advice.

Glad to hear - good news!

If you have more than a few hours in LHR, take the Heathrow Express to Paddington Station and spend the time in the city rather than the airport. It's a very quick journey and easy to use. Of course, the business class lounge may be more inviting, after a long flight...

Archived