why would an E-1 be more expensive than a D-1?

Checking prices....again, and for some reason, the E-1 balcony cabins went up over $300 per person since I booked my January 29 Navigator cruise. The D-1 balconies are now $100 less than I paid as well. Thought about switching, but we have connecting balcony cabins on deck 7 with a 3rd berth incase one more friend joins us.

Any thoughts why this happened? I know sometimes there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason, but maybe someone has an idea? fishing for an upgrade.....obviously! LOL:D

I'm not sure why they do this. I can tell you that last year we sailed the Liberty of the Seas and I wanted to change cabins to a lower category because I liked the location better and could not without paying the difference as the lower category was priced higher than the one that I booked. At the time of booking both categories were the same price. The better location cabin became available after I booked. Seems silly to me but it happens.

Checking prices....again, and for some reason, the E-1 balcony cabins went up over $300 per person since I booked my January 29 Navigator cruise. The D-1 balconies are now $100 less than I paid as well. Thought about switching, but we have connecting balcony cabins on deck 7 with a 3rd berth incase one more friend joins us.

Any thoughts why this happened? I know sometimes there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason, but maybe someone has an idea? fishing for an upgrade.....obviously! LOL:D

Same thing on our Jan.29th on the Freedom,,,can't figure it out either...:eek:

Demand

meaning what exactly? they jacked up the E-1's because everyone clamoring for them, or they have an overabundance of D-1's they want to get rid of? still doesn't make sense since theres plenty of cabins left, even aft balconies, but I suppose thats the only explaination.

sorry, I was bored. :p

upgrade fairy, I believe in you!!

meaning what exactly? they jacked up the E-1's because everyone clamoring for them, or they have an overabundance of D-1's they want to get rid of?

sorry, I was bored. :p

upgrade fairy, I believe in you!!

:) one, the other, combo of both

In May, booked D-1 Balcony on Navigator for Feburary cruise (WOW sale). Price increased over $100 after the sale, dropped some for Labor day sale (however, not to what I paid) and then a substantial increase after labor day. Price is now more than $300 what I booked it for.:rolleyes:

I think she is in E1 and the D1s are cheaper now but she doesn't want to switch and lose her location.

Which should pretty much explain why the D1 is cheaper. In the final analysis it all depends on supply and demand and location, location. location.:D

I totally agree...it all depends on supply and demand....:)

I second that...the revenue dept does some really squirrely things. Bottom line comes down to # of available cabins in a category vs their projections for that category by certain scheduled dates. If a category is lagging they hype sales by pricing lesser categories higher and driving the business to the higher category in less desireable locations. When it's back on track they change the pricing again.

Well, I took care of that....booked the connecting D-1's in place of the connecting E-1's for only $10 more per person. And, just about the same location! The E-1's were directly after the hump, and the D-1's are directly before the hump. I think the extra square footage (though its not huge) will be well worth the $10!

Well, I took care of that....booked the connecting D-1's in place of the connecting E-1's for only $10 more per person. And, just about the same location! The E-1's were directly after the hump, and the D-1's are directly before the hump. I think the extra square footage (though its not huge) will be well worth the $10!

I love a happy ending!!!! Congrats!!:)

The weirdest thing that ever happened to us with a booking was Jr. Suites came down lower than balcony cabins for our Med cruise a couple years ago. We grabbed the deal, 3 cabins in a row and my Aunt had an inside across from us. A week later the deal was gone.... we got lucky.

So, congrats to the OP, D1 is just a bit deeper but any additional space is always welcome.

Archived