Best Piano Entertainer on Carnival? (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

I know Ben is on the bloggers cruise. Does anyone know the exact date he returns to the Breeze. It says 2/15 but has this changed since the announcement of the bloggers cruise?

He told me that he will head straight to the Breeze after the Bloggers Cruise. I'm not sure of the exact dates, though.

I can't believe that Martin Aucoin is still playing. Saw him a year ago and he was awful - little talent, intoxicated most of the time, and rude when people walked out!

Just of Glory with Dave F. and had a lot of fun. Talented guy who really wants us to have some fun, had people sing with him, and we had a really fun crowd. I hung out there most of the evenings.

He told me that he will head straight to the Breeze after the Bloggers Cruise. I'm not sure of the exact dates, though.

Thanks for the info. We are sailing on March 15 and are very excited to see him. I wonder what the dates are for the blogger's cruise. I have no idea.

Do tell. What are piano bar custom's? I have never heard of this and hopefully I am not making piano bar faux passes. :confused:
If you're going to be sitting "at the bar", you should be participating in the process by drinking and singing and possibly requesting songs and if warranted, tipping the piano bar player.

What you're not supposed to do is ignore the piano bar player and engage in loud conversation during a song. The more that the audience participates in the process, the better the show is. Some of the players are really good at engaging the audience and this results in an evening of great entertainment. Because of this they have a large, loyal following, like Ron Pass and on our Breeze cruise with him seats at the bar were hard to come by and he put on a whale of a show.

Just got off the Splendor(Great cruise, will do a recap in a bit), and Tonya Scott was the piano player. Went in there for a bit most nights, but was usually out by 11 or so. It's only her second week on the ship so she's still learning songs, but what she did know she was very good at, and what she didn't know she tried her best to do. Bar was usually pretty busy, all of the seats at the actual bar were always full, and it was pretty close to SRO on some nights. Only downside that I can think of is that she could play more and talk less, and she could be spacey at times, but overall I was happy, and I think that with time and as she learns songs, she will improve. Everyone that I spoke to about her seemed to like her.

Was on the Freedom during the summer and Marty Gast was at the piano bar. Fantastic. Bar was rocking every night!:cool:

We are going on the Freedom again 6-1-14 and it doesn't appear that he is on the Freedom at that time.:confused:

Marty will be on the Imagination from 1-10-14 to 6-10-14

Just of Glory with Dave F. and had a lot of fun. Talented guy who really wants us to have some fun, had people sing with him, and we had a really fun crowd. I hung out there most of the evenings.

So did we. This was our second cruise with Dave and we just love him! We spent most evenings in the PB and stayed virtually until closing every night. I even won a ship on a stick for the TV theme challenge. It was great fun!

This is my only complaint about a Carnival cruise. I wish the piano bars were smoke free. The stench in the Triumph piano bar alone made me avoid it. :eek:

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy S4 using the Cruise Critic forums application.

The PBs are smoke free now and have been for a while.

So did we. This was our second cruise with Dave and we just love him! We spent most evenings in the PB and stayed virtually until closing every night. I even won a ship on a stick for the TV theme challenge. It was great fun!

Great to hear. Will be sailing iwth him in just over a month.

Sailed with Ben on the Breeze in Oct. what a great entertainer! This was our 13th Carnival Cruise and the very first time we spent any time in the PB. I will be going back based upon the great time we had on the Breeze. It also helped that Carnival put the PB in a better location on that class of ship.

Ben really gets the crowd involved, keeps the glasses full and the bar hoppin. Lots of pros, great song list and good interaction. It appears he loves his job!