Elite Members

DonnasMom&Dad

How soon after completing your 15th cruise, did you receive your Elite membership card?

I'll explain the question, after I have an answer!

Cato

Completed Cruises !

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

You should receive your Elite card on the final evening of your 15th cruise or the final evening of the cruise in which you reached 150 days, whichever comes first.
You become Elite at the end of the cruise after completing either 15 cruises or 150 days. If you reach 150 days during your cruise, you're not Elite until you complete the cruise. You don't change status during the cruise.

Thank you for your answers, it is exactly what I thought. The reason for the question is, when we disembarked from our last cruise, which was our 15th credit, nothing was given to us, not even our on board account, they were in such a rush, to get us off the ship, in Vancouver, and bus us to the convention center. I emailed Princess for our account and Elite card, and first I got what was supposed to be our account, then 2 days later, I received an e-mail, saying that a card was being processed, but it would take 6-8 weeks.

So in the AM, I'll be phoning someone, as we are leaving in mid November for a B2B2B, starting with the Oasis for 7 days, then the Crown Princess for 14 days, and can sure use the perks on Elite.

Again thank you very much, for the confirmation.

Cato

Thank you for your answers' date=' it is exactly what I thought. The reason for the question is, when we disembarked from our last cruise, which was our 15th credit, nothing was given to us, not even our on board account, they were in such a rush, to get us off the ship, in Vancouver, and bus us to the convention center. I emailed Princess for our account and Elite card, and first I got what was supposed to be our account, then 2 days later, I received an e-mail, saying that a card was being processed, but it would take 6-8 weeks.[/color']

So in the AM, I'll be phoning someone, as we are leaving in mid November for a B2B2B, starting with the Oasis for 7 days, then the Crown Princess for 14 days, and can sure use the perks on Elite.

Again thank you very much, for the confirmation.

Cato

Check out your Cruise Personaliser. Your status will be shown there.

I became elite on the last cruise. At the end I was given a lapel pin and a black card (means nothing). Just check your personalizer to make sure your status is updated. When I printed the boarding pass for our next cruise, I was listed as Elite, DH is still platinum. I will let him share the free mini bar.

I agree with the prior posters. Check your cruise personalizer and make sure it reflects you have Elite status prior to your next cruise. If it does not, call Princess and have them correct it. When you check in for your next cruise your card should be black. If you are still worried about it, print off the page from your cruise personalizer that shows you are Elite and take it with you on your next cruise to show at check in.

When I became Elite, I got nothing from Princess on the last night of our cruise. However it did show up on My Princess & in the Cruise Personalizer as me being Elite. When Hubby became Elite he received Pin & Black Card on the final am of our cruise. However, it never showed up on our Personalizer. Took the advise from a fellow cc member (Pam) & called Princess & they fixed it right away.

Hi There

We came Elite on the first half of a B2B cruise,

nothing happened,

we went and spoke to CC lady who was very nice but unabe to help

saying we had to speak to Southampton,

on our return we did and got our pack with in a few days of asking.

yours Shogun

Check out your Cruise Personaliser. Your status will be shown there.

Status in "My Princess" should show the new status.

Status on the personalizer for a previously booked cruise may continue to show the status at the time the cruise was booked even though you will receive the Elite cruise card when you check in. As others have pointed out, a call to Princess should get this corrected.

If you do not receive the Elite cruise card at check-in, then see the onboard Captain's Circle Host who will make sure your status is updated and then send you to the Purser's desk to have a new cruise card made.

We made Elite on a Christmas cruise last year, and we got our Elite kit in our mail slot on Xmas day (nice!).

However, we made Platinum on a coastal, and nothing was delivered, so if you were on a shorter cruise maybe that was why. A call to the Captains Circle desk at Princess fixed it (a few weeks later we got our card and pins).

Also, both times we moved up, we had future cruises booked. The status we had at the time of booking is what shows up on the website. All I had to do was call, and the agent fixed it in about 2 minutes. When I called this week about our next cruise and a second question, the website was updated before the call ended.

Just your Personalizer and see if they have you as elite. It shows elite and the cruises you have talken. Also check the cruise you are booked on it wil also show if you are elite.

We made elite after we were booked on a cruise so that booking only show platinum. Because that what we were when we booked. So I called and had it change. Make sure it is changed. I had to call twice.

I know Princess does not change you to elite after 150 days until the end of the cruise. There must be a reason, but logic says otherwise. I understand them saying you must finish your 15th cruise to reach elite based on the 15 cruises formula. However, when you complete your 150 days, you have satisfied the requirement for elite status, and should be awarded it then. It is EITHER 15 cruises or 150 days. Can anyone explain the justification for this? By the way, this is personal to me as I will reach the 150 days during a 32 day cruise. Rats!

Lancet

I know Princess does not change you to elite after 150 days until the end of the cruise. There must be a reason, but logic says otherwise. I understand them saying you must finish your 15th cruise to reach elite based on the 15 cruises formula. However, when you complete your 150 days, you have satisfied the requirement for elite status, and should be awarded it then. It is EITHER 15 cruises or 150 days. Can anyone explain the justification for this? By the way, this is personal to me as I will reach the 150 days during a 32 day cruise. Rats!

The justification is that is the rule. Porbbaly because it is much less work for the Captain's Circle person to do the change for all people who become platinum or elite at the same time at the end of the cruise instead of doing some people every day of a cruise. Also the hassle of the Purser's desk issuing new cruise cards and the cabin steward proving different amenities mid-cruise.

Is your 32 days a single cruise segment or a multiple segment cruise? If multiple segments, you should be come eligible at the end of the segment during whicdh you reach the 150 days.

The justification is that is the rule. Porbbaly because it is much less work to do the change for all people who become platinum or elite at the same time at the end of the cruise instead of doing some people every day of a cruise.

I would think resource allocation is an issue too. You probably need so many extra staff "______" per Elite member (Sabatini's waiter, laundry staff, etc.) It may throw food estimates off and have all other kinds of planning implications that go on behind the scenes. It may be too complex of a model to have to be able to plan like that, without knowing how many will change status per cruise.

This is just a guess but I think it has to do with simplifying the process and because the onboard system doesn't "talk" to the corporate system. Not only Elite but also Platinum passengers can achieve a new level during the cruise. The onboard system would have to be manually updated daily for these passengers in order to recognize Internet or other perk charge credits. It's simpler to have one policy for days and # of cruises; fewer mistakes and irate passengers.

...However, we made Platinum on a coastal, and nothing was delivered, so if you were on a shorter cruise maybe that was why. A call to the Captains Circle desk at Princess fixed it (a few weeks later we got our card and pins).

That is exactly what just happened last week with my DH. He finally reached the Elite level, but received nothing on the last night of the cruise. It's all updated on his Cruise Personalizer and in Princess' records, so no worries.

Thanks for the input and, although I can see your points, I don't necessarily agree fully. Computers have huge capacities and easily keep track. Log into your "my Princess" and it will tell you what cruises you have booked and how many days to the next cruise--which is updated daily by the computer. It wouldn't take much to program it to notify head office and automatically notify the proper people on the ship (I sure the head office computer already has you as on the ship). Your status can be quickly and easily changed without new staff.

Sabastini is not a perk for elite--I think you meant breakfast. On a long cruise, they know they will be doing laundry for the majority (I think) of the passenger and are set up for it already. At least they have to plan for that.

I may be totally wrong in my hypothesis, which would not be unusual for me, but I don't feel it would be that big of a problem. Again, according to their rules, when you have sailed 150 days, you become elite and they should abide by it. I do agree with you, that the path of least resistance is their route. But unwise not to honor their own rules and not to gain 'good will'.

Thanks again for your responses

lancet

i may be wrong but it does say in the capt circle leaflet that all movement to the next level is after the cruise that qualifies you to the next level .

which means if your on a cruise for 32 days and ypou reach 150 on the 20th day you will become elite standard on the last day ,there would be complete

cofusion if they start changing all status,s during cruises

I would think resource allocation is an issue too. You probably need so many extra staff "______" per Elite member (Sabatini's waiter, laundry staff, etc.) It may throw food estimates off and have all other kinds of planning implications that go on behind the scenes. It may be too complex of a model to have to be able to plan like that, without knowing how many will change status per cruise.

There is no Sabatini's perk for Elite. Sabatini's perk is breakfast for those in full suites, no matter what their standing.

I want to make one thing clear. I am not angry with Princess. All my dealings with princess-phone or on ship have alway been friendly, courteous and helpful. I will continue to sail with princess. And I am very grateful they instituted the 150 day rule. My wife and I do not take short cruises, as too much hassle getting to and from the port, especially now with airlines.

But I guess I am just an old country boy. I have bought and sold 1000s of head of livestock over the years, on just a handshake. To me " a man's word is his bond". I know, I know, things are different today. So in my simple mind, as I see it: Princess made a contract that says if I sail 150 days with them, then I am awarded elite status. Which by way of logical extension, my 151st day would be as an elite. But their caveat releases them from that, legally but not morally. I still don't think it would be that great of hassle, but then I am ignorant of the workings of the system. Seems to me that even it is a small amount of work, it should be done. But it is what it is, and I can live with it without any problem

I will abide and enjoy the cruise immensely. I only posted this as arriving at elite status was the topic of the thread.

Thanks all for your attention

The Captain's Circle Host or Hostess is the one responsible for getting those to people with new status. The envelopes are given to Room Stewards.

When we turned Elite in the spring, the CC hostess said we would receive it

at bed turndown last night on board. Never showed up. In the morning as

we were leaving ship, saw our room steward, asked about it. Well, he checked his cart and there it was. Don't know when he was planning on putting it in our mailbox.

Archived