Drink Prices

illiniwahoo

I'm considering sailing on the Emerald Princess or the Celebrity Eclipse. My fiancee is very excited about the drink packages on Celebrity, but I think they are expensive. I'm trying to compare the two overall. Can anyone give me current drink prices on Princess, so can try to estimate how much I would spend on individual drinks on Princess? I saw the wine bottle list posted recently (Thanks!). Does anyone have pictures of drink menus or other drink price lists?

I can only give you a couple of exact comparisons but overall, Celebrity drink prices are a lot higher than on Princess. For instance, a standard sized martini on Celebrity is $10 plus tip; on Princess, it's $6.99-$7.99 plus 15% tip, depending on the vodka you choose. My impression in looking at the drink menus on both is that drinks on Princess were less than you'd pay on Celebrity with their drink package. We debated whether to buy the drink package but we didn't drink enough to break even on the package and we certainly weren't going to save money. :(

Also Princess has a limited Happy Hour $3.99 drink menu in all the bars from 5:00 to 7:00 which I think really helps with those pre-dinner cocktails.

We're Elite on Celebrity too, and there's absolutely no doubt that the drinks prices on Princess are less expensive than Celebrity.

Srpilo

Also Princess has a limited Happy Hour $3.99 drink menu in all the bars from 5:00 to 7:00 which I think really helps with those pre-dinner cocktails.

We're Elite on Celebrity too, and there's absolutely no doubt that the drinks prices on Princess are less expensive than Celebrity.

Srpilo

Oh yes. Those 3.99 specials are nice and I actually think they may extend later into the evening but can't remember for sure.

I never noticed this. Is ther some indication at the bar about Happy Hour?:o

Pax et bonum,

Kevin

Kevin

The advertising onboard of the Happy Hour is ship specific, but at a minimum there's always a little plastic menu card put out in the bars during Happy Hour. There's about 10 or so drinks offered including a few blended drinks (the Blue Margarita is tasty )

Anyway, next time keep your eyes pealed :)

Srpilo

I don't recall prices of various drinks, but do know that they always run a beer "special." When you buy 5 bottles at one time you only get charged for 5 (the prices vary depending on the beer type but are reasonable, I think around 5 per beer but don't quote me on that). They are served in a bucket and you can as many opened at a time as you want, so it is very convenient if you aren't going to drink all of them at the same time, have them opened as you want them, and store what you don't drink in your fridge.

I can only give you a couple of exact comparisons but overall, Celebrity drink prices are a lot higher than on Princess. For instance, a standard sized martini on Celebrity is $10 plus tip; on Princess, it's $6.99-$7.99 plus 15% tip, depending on the vodka you choose. My impression in looking at the drink menus on both is that drinks on Princess were less than you'd pay on Celebrity with their drink package. We debated whether to buy the drink package but we didn't drink enough to break even on the package and we certainly weren't going to save money. :(

Like soda packages, I think the drink packages are pricey unless you are really pretty big drinkers. We love our booze but have figured we would certainly not save buying one.

Nita

We haven't chosen to buy any drink packages on Celebrity and won't on Princess either. Considering we enjoy stopping for a drink or two while at ports, it isn't any kind of savings for us to lock ourselves into some package onboard. Our daughter and her husband actually wasted money with their package. Altho they drink more than us, after the first 3 days or so they really slowed down their intake. Between eating more food than usual and drinking more than at home...it was taking a toll on their energy level.;)

If you drink fewer than 5 or 6 drinks every day onboard, I don't think financially it is a value.

I don't recall prices of various drinks, but do know that they always run a beer "special." When you buy 5 bottles at one time you only get charged for 5 (the prices vary depending on the beer type but are reasonable, I think around 5 per beer but don't quote me on that). They are served in a bucket and you can as many opened at a time as you want, so it is very convenient if you aren't going to drink all of them at the same time, have them opened as you want them, and store what you don't drink in your fridge.

That sounds reasonable. :D

Last time we were on Celebrity (Solstice) we had to wait for the cabin to be ready, we all sat in one of the lobbies. Waiter came by and we ordered a 'house' chardonnay, it was $9.00.:eek:For $9 on Princess you will get a nice white wine, not a house wine. Think the Princess house wine is $5.50. Our bar bill is always much higher on Celebrity...even tho we can go to the Elite lounge each evening and get it free.

just got off the golden and even though the Power Hour (drink special) was not advertised, when I asked about it the staff were quick to accommodate. This special was after 8 pm in any bar, four cocktails (now serving a blue margarita) - they said no beer was offerred (sounded strange as was always avail on other ships, but I didn't pursue it as I don't drink beer), and bar brand highballs. for $3.99

Prices have gone up a little, mixed cocktails are now $7.50 where in Jan they were $6.99

Vickie

Archived