Pride Review (9-25 thru 10-2) (GT, HMC, and Freeport) lots of pics

Anung Un Rama

The room was the exact same size as the obstructed view balcony on deck 5.

Hmmm... not sure about that. We had an obstructed view balcony on deck 5 on our 9/11 Pride cruise, and it was L-shaped and enormous! It also had an extra-long, but shallow, balcony.

While she was getting ready I went out to the balcony to gather up the courage that I knew I was going to need in the coming moments. After a few minutes she came out and I knew the time was now. I told her how much I loved her and dropped to one knee. I never had a doubt what her answer would be but it did take her a few moments to stop sobbing and actually say yes.

Hooray for you both! Congratulations! My husband proposed to me on a cruise, too (Triumph, our first cruise together 12+ years ago), so I'm doubly excited for you. :)

Well, since we are all booked up for next year, I'm hoping for a 2013 repeat of this itinerary and perhaps a Half Moon Cay destination ceremony:p We saw 2 weddings happening on the beach that day, out past where the the cabanas ended, and it seemed picture-perfect!

There's also a sweet little chapel on HMC-- did you see it? The only problem with getting your heart set on a wedding there is that sometimes they have to miss the island if the weather doesn't allow tendering. As long as you have a back-up plan, though, it would be beautiful!

There's also a sweet little chapel on HMC-- did you see it? The only problem with getting your heart set on a wedding there is that sometimes they have to miss the island if the weather doesn't allow tendering. As long as you have a back-up plan, though, it would be beautiful!

We did see it but it looks like it was still under repair. I'm guessing it got hit hard by Irene.

MONDAY (Fun Day at Sea)

We ordered room service and had breakfast out on our balcony. The extended balcony was great and well worth the upgrade. It’s 50% bigger than the other balcony and gave us a lot more leg room. After breakfast we headed up to Serenity to get a spot and were surprised to find it pretty deserted. We grabbed a clam shell and set up for the rest of the morning. It started to fill up around 9:30 and was quite packed by 10. We had people keeping an eye on us and as soon as we put shirts on had about 5 people ask if we were leaving.

cruise2011082.jpg

cruise2011088.jpg

cruise2011087.jpg

Cass being silly. I think she took more pictures of her left hand than the Pride :p

cruise2011084.jpg

It was time to get dressed and ready for the roll call’s meet and greet. About 20 people showed up (generally the more active people on the call) and it was great to meet everyone whom we’d been talking to for the previous months.

For some reason we didn't have our camera with us. I think Cass was running around trying to find out where/how to sign up for the Master Mixology contest (it wasn't the most organized event and sign ups could've been handled much better). Hopefully someone else from the group and insert a picture or two.

After that was time for the ice sculpture (Carnival, please teach them to do something other than an Indian Head). More importantly was the mixology contest in which Cass and Joey (another roll call member) were participants.

cruise2011094.jpg

cruise2011097.jpg

cruise2011099.jpg

Cass working on her drink 'The Cass Kicker'

cruise2011103.jpg

Mmmm, it tastes so good

cruise2011107.jpg

. I’ll just say that neither of them finished in the top 3 out of 5 so you can do the math. But we got to finish her drink, received a free drink coupon, and the best prize was the drink book which we will but to good use.

We then had lunch up on the Lido and the burgers were good as always. I’ve never had a negative thing to say about the food on Carnival. When going to the grill on the Lido deck, expect a couple minute wait if you want a burger. The line may look long but it moves pretty quick. After that we checked out the shops and looked at liquor since we knew we would be getting a lot this year. Cass also checked out some jewelry that she wasn’t going to get but you can’t blame a girl for looking.

cruise2011109.jpg

cruise2011110.jpg

cruise2011112.jpg

Mmmm, Private Stock!

cruise2011111.jpg

Met up with some friends for the sports trivia but once again came up short and still no ship on a stick :(

OK, a few more ship pics before I gotta get some work done :o

Ivory Piano Bar (Level 3 right above the Sports Bar) We had never been in here before since it was a big smoking area but they held a few trivias in here this year and it's a nice out of the way place to relax as well.

cruise2011113.jpg

cruise2011114.jpg

cruise2011115.jpg

The library with computers

cruise2011116.jpg

Hey, Cass and Chris .... Congratulations again !! :D

yep, this old Steelers fan is getting teary-eyed, too !! it was great to spend the week getting to know you both and seeing such wonderful young love. :)

we're working with our PVP to book the Breeze .... i'll let you know when it's all set. :)

btw, love the review so far ... great job !! :)

I have to say, I never in my life ever wanted to get married. I just didn't see the point. If you love someone, you love them. But I never imagined I could meet someone who compliments me so perfectly, someone I'd be so happy to call my wife. She's the most amazing person I've ever met and I'm thankful everyday that we both took a chance 3 years ago.

I love you baby!

Ok- I just started reading so I haven't caught up yet on your review, which I am anxiously reading since I will be on the same route in April (GT, HMC and Freeport). But I had to just stop mid read to say-

#1- gorgeous ring! Very, very nice!

#2- I absolutely love what you wrote above regarding your future wife (ha- how does that sound hearing it now? ;)). So lovely and sweet- be sure she reads your quote above!!!

#3- great review so far with lots of great pics! (even though I live here in Baltimore, just can't get myself to wear a Ravens jersey although my hubby and kids sport them all the time. Buffalo Bills for me!!! :D)

OK...I am going to subscribe now so I can catch up reading the rest later. Guess I need to actually complete some "work" while here at work...

Sorry if I missed it but was there a chocolate buffet??

There was but it was later in the week. Stay tuned :D

Hey Linda! Sorry your Steelers still suck and the Ravens are great ;) Really hope you guys can join us on the Breeze but we'll have to get together sooner than that too.

Went back to the room for a quick power nap and got ready for dinner as it was the first formal night. I hate dressing up so Cass let me slide without getting pictures. One thing I don’t understand is why the only night they have the BBQ ribs is a formal night. I love ribs and these were falling off the bone. Very good, but messy.

There was one picture of me but I don't think CC would appreciate it as I hate having my picture taken.

cruise2011125.jpg

cruise2011128.jpg

I skipped an appetizer tonight since I was having the ribs and know they are filling. Cass started with West Indian Roasted Pumpkin Soup

cruise2011129.jpg

We also decided to be brave and tried the Didja Ever option tonight which was Alligator Fritters. These were surprisingly good though the filler and spices helped hide any real difference between this and chicken.

cruise2011130.jpg

As I mentioned above, the ribs were great. Nice and moist and fall off the bone good. Just wish they offered them on a different night.

cruise2011131.jpg

Hey, Cass and Chris .... Congratulations again !! :D

yep, this old Steelers fan is getting teary-eyed, too !! it was great to spend the week getting to know you both and seeing such wonderful young love. :)

we're working with our PVP to book the Breeze .... i'll let you know when it's all set. :)

btw, love the review so far ... great job !! :)

Hey Linda!! Ugh hate being back in the real world, but reading about all those Liberty updates yesterday got me excited again! You're going on it earlier in Feb right?

There was but it was later in the week. Stay tuned :D

You beat me to the punch ;) Yep the chocolate buffet was on the last sea day.

Archived