Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

profilepics1.jpg

Better picture

100_1795.jpg

Ohh these two are GREAT!! I love the way you carry yourself. What a pair of legs you have. Too many women try to hide themselves or appear invisible and you do neither. YES!!! :p

Edited by Sinppu

just got my dress- decided on this BCBG black cocktail dress and my husband will wear a nice black suit. I decided on a short cocktail length dress vs a full length gown bc cocktail length is more me. CAn't wait, it will be fun! A few more weeks to go...

http://www.bcbg.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12894552&cp=4213681.2769162.2768993&cid=101382&affcode=101382&k_clickid=6bbb1e00-b7a3-e4e8-33cc-00001968904f&007=Search&006=9319408507&002=2450252&012=bcbg+dresses&searchdef=2450252&021=522625084&009=e&view=all&gclid=CITRmoyPs60CFXO-tgodyU6Tmg&parentPage=family

Edited by iluvsunandsand

just got my dress- decided on this BCBG black cocktail dress and my husband will wear a nice black suit. I decided on a short cocktail length dress vs a full length gown bc cocktail length is more me. CAn't wait, it will be fun! A few more weeks to go...

http://www.bcbg.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12894552&cp=4213681.2769162.2768993&cid=101382&affcode=101382&k_clickid=6bbb1e00-b7a3-e4e8-33cc-00001968904f&007=Search&006=9319408507&002=2450252&012=bcbg+dresses&searchdef=2450252&021=522625084&009=e&view=all&gclid=CITRmoyPs60CFXO-tgodyU6Tmg&parentPage=family

Very cute!!

Ohh these two are GREAT!! I love the way you carry yourself. What a pair of legs you have. Too many women try to hide themselves or appear invisible and you do neither. YES!!! :p

Thank you......I found another dress made the same way and it is a baby pink....couldn't resist buying it since it was only $5.99....right now the color has grown out of my hair and it's a soft brown color (yuck, I like my red :) ) However, in order to be able to wear my pink dress and a red dress that I bought (like the fushia color one in the pictures) I will need to either keep my hair brown or take my box of dye with me and dye it red after I wear the dresses.....

I am gone....I am in TX for 2 weeks. I hope the one you got off ebay works for you. I looked around Ross on Sun but didn't find anything that I felt would be suitable with your husband wearing a tux.....I would like to send you the royal blue one that I have and if it doesn't work for you, you can just send it back to me....It's a beautiful dress but just to "old" for me....or so my friends say....if you want to do this, please send me your address....

Hi ladies, Hope everyone is doing well....

Just wanted to give an update on one of the dresses I ordered earlier this month.

The grey and magenta gown with the floral bottom just arrived (have not received the short blue dress yet).

The dress fits very well, and is the perfect length...no hemming needed this time.:)

The dress comes with detachable straps....the dress is pretty. I'm not used to wearing anything that is floral or has sparkly things on it. However I think I can pull if off for one evening on a tropical cruise. I'm just afraid it might stand out too much and I just don't like to do that. One reason that I always order dark jewel tone solids.:o

I'm hoping the blue one fits as welll as this dress but also hoping it is better quality. I have to say that the quality of this dress is nothing compared to the seller that I have always bought from. But then for $20, I figure I can wear it for a change.

Judy, once I get the blue dress, I will let you know what I think about it!:)

Hibsicus.jpg.97c73d7cd6d3cd3ec24976437a024f96.jpg

1377324128_Hibiscus2.jpg.e276ca52b67d97e9069456d9382e5e5b.jpg

2060928726_hibscusdress.jpg.972548cfe99c76ea8285e8a6161624cc.jpg

Hi ladies' date=' Hope everyone is doing well....[/b']

Just wanted to give an update on one of the dresses I ordered earlier this month.

The grey and magenta gown with the floral bottom just arrived (have not received the short blue dress yet).

The dress fits very well, and is the perfect length...no hemming needed this time.:)

The dress comes with detachable straps....the dress is pretty. I'm not used to wearing anything that is floral or has sparkly things on it. However I think I can pull if off for one evening on a tropical cruise. I'm just afraid it might stand out too much and I just don't like to do that. One reason that I always order dark jewel tone solids.:o

I'm hoping the blue one fits as welll as this dress but also hoping it is better quality. I have to say that the quality of this dress is nothing compared to the seller that I have always bought from. But then for $20, I figure I can wear it for a change.

Judy, once I get the blue dress, I will let you know what I think about it!:)

Thanks, Sherrie. I was just going to send you an e-mail to see if you received the "blue dress", too funny! :D Not sure if you saw my post awhile back, but they don't have that dress in my size any more! :( I waited to long to order, but I keep checking to see if they have gotten any more. Look forward to what you think of the dress when you get yours.

Thanks, Sherrie. I was just going to send you an e-mail to see if you received the "blue dress", too funny! :D Not sure if you saw my post awhile back, but they don't have that dress in my size any more! :( I waited to long to order, but I keep checking to see if they have gotten any more. Look forward to what you think of the dress when you get yours.

I would just keep checking....seems like it must sell pretty good. I would also just email them and ask if and when they will have your size. Hopefully it will be what I want!:)

If I can get this to work I am posting pics of the 2 dresses I bought for the formal nights on my upcoming cruise. If you can ignore the lack of makeup, hairstyle, hosiery and appropriate foundation garments...do you think these are okay for a not-exactly-skinny 51 year old to wear??

Hmm, they came out very small when uploaded...the black one is stretchy lined lace, and the other is actually a jumpsuit and not a dress and my shoes are 6-inch platforms/heels for that one so that I don't have to hem it! It has a pretty long slit in the side of each leg but since it is so loose it really doesn't show too much skin I think. I'm more worried that the black one is too short and too close-fitting!

The design of the black one (though not the material) is very much like this: http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=dress_evening_cocktail&ProductID=2000036188&VariantID=

Thanks for any feedback!

tan1.jpg.a0ed86c12ff65d0a633b52c6ea82a601.jpg

Black1.jpg.644e7de0c5994307940ad485f33238c1.jpg

Edited by bottomfeeder

If I can get this to work I am posting pics of the 2 dresses I bought for the formal nights on my upcoming cruise. If you can ignore the lack of makeup, hairstyle, hosiery and appropriate foundation garments...do you think these are okay for a not-exactly-skinny 51 year old to wear??

Hmm, they came out very small when uploaded...the black one is stretchy lined lace, and the other is actually a jumpsuit and not a dress and my shoes are 6-inch platforms/heels for that one so that I don't have to hem it! It has a pretty long slit in the side of each leg but since it is so loose it really doesn't show too much skin I think. I'm more worried that the black one is too short and too close-fitting!

The design of the black one (though not the material) is very much like this: http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=dress_evening_cocktail&ProductID=2000036188&VariantID=

Thanks for any feedback!

I'm 51 and just wore a very similar black dress on my cruise in January, except it was a halter style top. You say you aren't "exactly skinny", but you have a great figure as far as I can tell. Both outfits will look great for formal night!

I'm 51 and just wore a very similar black dress on my cruise in January, except it was a halter style top. You say you aren't "exactly skinny", but you have a great figure as far as I can tell. Both outfits will look great for formal night!

I agree. I wore 4 different dresses that was at least that short on my cruise just 3 weeks ago. I am planning on taking them again in Oct when I go on another TA.....BTW....I will be 55 in Dec :eek:

Thanks for any feedback!

I love the black dress and I think you look great in it. You have to know if it comfortable, but in the picture it doesn't look too tight. If it rides up, it might be a little tight.

The tan one--to me the color is all wrong for you and it looks waaay too big, kind of lack a sack. The tan just seems to blend in with your skin.

Congrats on losing the weight! That's always a big accomplishment.

I love the black dress and I think you look great in it. You have to know if it comfortable, but in the picture it doesn't look too tight. If it rides up, it might be a little tight.

The tan one--to me the color is all wrong for you and it looks waaay too big, kind of lack a sack. The tan just seems to blend in with your skin.

Congrats on losing the weight! That's always a big accomplishment.

Thanks!

I like the tan one (actually the color was listed as "nude" but it is really a very light tan) on me--it is flowy to me, not baggy, although you really can't see that in the photo. It is a translucent fabric (chiffon, maybe? but soft, not stiff) that is lined only to about halfway down to the knee. I do need some color in the makeup I wear though, so I don't all blend into one blob of tan-ness! And I"m planning to get a sparkly metal belt of some kind to wear with it. My main worry with that one is whether I can walk around in those 6 inch platform heels well enough--I will have to practice before the cruise! :)

Also, I need to stop reading this board--I just ordered 2 more new dresses last night! Very inexpensive from forever21.com, and they had free shipping, but still...I will have to start cruising more often so I can wear all my dresses!! :D

Here are the new dresses I just ordered. I think the wine-colored one would be fine for work and non-formal dinners as well while onboard. And the white one will be good for the white hot party on the NCL cruise!

http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=dress_evening_cocktail&ProductID=2021841040&VariantID=

http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?br=F21&Category=dress&ProductID=2074201841

Edited by bottomfeeder

Thanks!

I like the tan one (actually the color was listed as "nude" but it is really a very light tan) on me--it is flowy to me, not baggy, although you really can't see that in the photo. It is a translucent fabric (chiffon, maybe? but soft, not stiff) that is lined only to about halfway down to the knee. I do need some color in the makeup I wear though, so I don't all blend into one blob of tan-ness! And I"m planning to get a sparkly metal belt of some kind to wear with it. My main worry with that one is whether I can walk around in those 6 inch platform heels well enough--I will have to practice before the cruise! :)

Also, I need to stop reading this board--I just ordered 2 more new dresses last night! Very inexpensive from forever21.com, and they had free shipping, but still...I will have to start cruising more often so I can wear all my dresses!! :D

Here are the new dresses I just ordered. I think the wine-colored one would be fine for work and non-formal dinners as well while onboard. And the white one will be good for the white hot party on the NCL cruise!

http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=dress_evening_cocktail&ProductID=2021841040&VariantID=

http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?br=F21&Category=dress&ProductID=2074201841

I love both of those dresses too. On the 'nude' dress, it may well be the photo that's turning me off on it--kinda small--but it still looks baggy to me.

A great belt and big showy necklace will help a lot.

I could never wear 6 inch heels! Good luck with them.

Thanks for any feedback!

I really like the pale coloured one - it looks very feminine, very elegant, and I'm sure you will manage on high, high heels. I wouldn't overdo the jewellery - perhaps pearls (particularly pearl drop earrings) to accentuate the feminine softness of the dress. I'm a very pale blonde and I have a similar coloured dress, and while I normally wear rather bright colours I do find that sort of shade is really feminine. If you're adding a belt, I would certainly keep that very narrow - let the dress speak for itself. The black is a gorgeous dress and looks great on you, but to me it looks really clubby rather than formal, but for going from dinner into a show and a night of dancing - why not. Just enjoy. The best accessory you can add is a feeling of looking great, and you do. :)

I found these two dresses on Dillards for my cruise in October 2013. I know it's a long ways off, but you ladies really got me going on this issue.

03803023_zi_coral?$itemThumb$

03810781_zi_apricot?$itemThumb$

I hope you can see them. If not, here is the link.

http://www.dillards.com/product/Chelsea-Violet-Lace-Inset-Maxi-Dress_301_-1_301_503236819

http://www.dillards.com/product/Cremieux-Dee-Dress_301_-1_301_503296794

FYI, these are not my formal attire.

I found these two dresses on Dillards for my cruise in October 2013. I know it's a long ways off, but you ladies really got me going on this issue.

http://www.dillards.com/product/Chelsea-Violet-Lace-Inset-Maxi-Dress_301_-1_301_503236819

I really like the orange one! I am not fond of the green shade on the other dress, but that's just me. :)

Now the challenge will be to not buy a dozen or more dresses before your cruise finally gets here!

I just bought a bunch more clothes yesterday--2 pairs dress pants, a jacket, a more casual dress, a sweater and a t-shirt with a fancy ruffled collar. I REALLY need to stop reading this board before my closet gets way too full and my bank account too empty! :)

LOVE the orange...tempted to grab that one for myself! :D