Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

I like your dress and understand about weight loss. I have 25 more pounds to lose and not sure what size to buy. It is driving me crazy not being able to catch so many bargains. I did buy two dresses thinking they might be snug, but got them and they fit perfectly. I hope I can wear a nice cami under them if they look too big.

Thanks! Yeah, that's sort of what is happening to me now. I waited on buying any clothes for my December cruise b/c I was trying to lose weight. So now its getting a little crazy, trying to find clothes! :p

That's a lovely dress but you must be TINY now if you need to have that one taken in! It looks very small!

I've lost about 60 lbs. in the past year and when I take my laundry out of the dryer now, I always have this moment of panic as I'm folding it thinking that the dryer has shrunk my clothes! My brain still doesn't quite realize that I actually fit into size 6 now! It's a happy problem to have though!

Congratulations on the 60 lbs.!! Thanks, though the dress does seem smaller in the pic than in real life! I can relate to that; I keep trying on the wrong size clothes, the size I used to be, at stores.

I'm so excited to find this thread!!

I got this dress in January of this year for a wedding but since then have lost 20 pounds and I'll need to have it taken in around the waist. I still need to find a second elegant evening dress though...:o

Congrats on the weight loss Barlee!!

what a pretty dress - LOVE the color

Hi Barlee, great dress. When I've seen celebs with one shoulder dresses like this, they usually just wear a really cute bracelet and nice earrings. I think that a necklace would detract from the gorgeous neckline of the dress. I think I'd probably go with black shoes unless of course there is a color in the dress you really like and want to highlight. It's kind of hard for me to see what colors are in the dress.

@ ARcrusizin2, thanks!

Hey Guys, I just ordered this maxi dress and I was hoping to get some suggestions on accessories and possible shoe colors. I'm not sure what colors would be best? Please and thank you!!:)

@Bottomfeeder, we do tend to have a hard time adjusting to our weight loss. I continue to see myself as bigger than I am . Even looking at myself in the mirror I see myself as being a lot bigger. I started at a size 14 and now am at a size 8/10. Not sure if I really want to lose another 25 pounds. I'm thinking I may be around a size 0/2 if I lose that much weight. Anyway, congratulations on your weight loss. I'm sure you look marvelous!

Originally Posted by bottomfeeder viewpost.gif

That's a lovely dress but you must be TINY now if you need to have that one taken in! It looks very small!

I've lost about 60 lbs. in the past year and when I take my laundry out of the dryer now, I always have this moment of panic as I'm folding it thinking that the dryer has shrunk my clothes! My brain still doesn't quite realize that I actually fit into size 6 now! It's a happy problem to have though!

I'm so excited to find this thread!!

I got this dress in January of this year for a wedding but since then have lost 20 pounds and I'll need to have it taken in around the waist. I still need to find a second elegant evening dress though...:o

That dress is a beautiful colour! I'd love one like that. Congrats on the 20 lb lose, I was happy that I lost one pound on our cruise last week.

@ ARcrusizin2, thanks!

Hey Guys, I just ordered this maxi dress and I was hoping to get some suggestions on accessories and possible shoe colors. I'm not sure what colors would be best? Please and thank you!!:)

Cute dress. I'd do either black or silver shoes or any of the colours in the fabric. You have a lot of options. What colour are you taking for any other dresses?

Accessory wise I'd go with a chunky bangle bracelet or a bunch of skinny ones and some long drop earrings. If you want a necklace I'd do a choker and smaller earrings. Personally I'd either stick to one colour of jewelry or do silver with stones or enamel in the peacock shades.

@Bottomfeeder, we do tend to have a hard time adjusting to our weight loss. I continue to see myself as bigger than I am . Even looking at myself in the mirror I see myself as being a lot bigger. I started at a size 14 and now am at a size 8/10. Not sure if I really want to lose another 25 pounds. I'm thinking I may be around a size 0/2 if I lose that much weight. Anyway, congratulations on your weight loss. I'm sure you look marvelous!

I'm the opposite. I don't feel like a 16/18 until I see myself in photos. I'm 45, petite, still play volleyball, can keep up with anyone on a walking tour, but I need to drop 50 lbs and have failed in the past. Right now I'm just working on being more active and eating better. My SIL lost a lot of weight a few years ago. She got down to a size 6 and looked way too thin when she cruised with us. She couldn't keep up with DH and I in the airports and I ended up hauling her suitcase and mine. She has since gained everything back and maybe more. I would be very happy just being a size 12 again to make it easier to buy fashionable clothing that fits. I'm not tall enough for most plus size tops.

I'm the opposite. I don't feel like a 16/18 until I see myself in photos. I'm 45, petite, still play volleyball, can keep up with anyone on a walking tour, but I need to drop 50 lbs and have failed in the past. Right now I'm just working on being more active and eating better. My SIL lost a lot of weight a few years ago. She got down to a size 6 and looked way too thin when she cruised with us. She couldn't keep up with DH and I in the airports and I ended up hauling her suitcase and mine. She has since gained everything back and maybe more. I would be very happy just being a size 12 again to make it easier to buy fashionable clothing that fits. I'm not tall enough for most plus size tops.

I hear you on that. For me it seems to vary with my monthly hormonal cycles and not with how I actually LOOK. Whether I was a size 18 or a size 6, when I look in the mirror I don't really look any different to myself--some days I think I look great, and some days I think I look horribly fat. While I've been on my diet this year I resorted to taking photos of myself every 10 lbs. lost so that I can actually SEE the difference. For some reason photos work better than mirrors for that!

And I agree, way better to be overweight and healthy than skinny and weak! I have found, though, that taking the weight off has given me so much MORE energy and made it so much easier to do anything physical. My heart, lungs and muscles spent YEARS having to haul around 60 lbs. more fat than they are now, so without having that extra useless weight on my frame they are in super shape for doing what I need! Sounds like your SIL must have been on the wrong kind of diet and was taking off muscle as well as fat.

PWilliams, I want to lose 10 more myself which will likely put me in a 4. Right now, at 140 and 5'3", I'm a size 6 and yet right on the borderline of being overweight based on BMI. I hate being so close to the "line" of being overweight but gosh, not sure how much more it's practical to lose either. I would worry that in a 0 or 2 I wouldn't be able to find clothes many places.

@ ARcrusizin2, thanks!

Barlee: I LOVE this dress. Would you mind sharing where you got it?:)

I agree with you both. Healthy is always better which is why I try to focus on losing weight but am also mindful of what size I am and how my clothes fit. I am 5'1" and have larger bones than a lot of petites and am wearing an 8/10 at 165#. So while the charts say I should weigh between 106-120, I know I can't get that small. I mean as a teenager at 100# I wore a girls size 12!

I wish I had thought to take pictures at each 10# loss. What a way to document progress.

I hear you on that. For me it seems to vary with my monthly hormonal cycles and not with how I actually LOOK. Whether I was a size 18 or a size 6, when I look in the mirror I don't really look any different to myself--some days I think I look great, and some days I think I look horribly fat. While I've been on my diet this year I resorted to taking photos of myself every 10 lbs. lost so that I can actually SEE the difference. For some reason photos work better than mirrors for that!

And I agree, way better to be overweight and healthy than skinny and weak! I have found, though, that taking the weight off has given me so much MORE energy and made it so much easier to do anything physical. My heart, lungs and muscles spent YEARS having to haul around 60 lbs. more fat than they are now, so without having that extra useless weight on my frame they are in super shape for doing what I need! Sounds like your SIL must have been on the wrong kind of diet and was taking off muscle as well as fat.

PWilliams, I want to lose 10 more myself which will likely put me in a 4. Right now, at 140 and 5'3", I'm a size 6 and yet right on the borderline of being overweight based on BMI. I hate being so close to the "line" of being overweight but gosh, not sure how much more it's practical to lose either. I would worry that in a 0 or 2 I wouldn't be able to find clothes many places.

I agree with you both. Healthy is always better which is why I try to focus on losing weight but am also mindful of what size I am and how my clothes fit. I am 5'1" and have larger bones than a lot of petites and am wearing an 8/10 at 165#. So while the charts say I should weigh between 106-120, I know I can't get that small. I mean as a teenager at 100# I wore a girls size 12!

I wish I had thought to take pictures at each 10# loss. What a way to document progress.

I am 5'2" and am at 165 too. I'm in a size 10 and I'm finding it really hard to lose the last 25 (the high end for weight watchers). I think I have the same bone structure as you...I don't think i could ever get that small. I've also lost 65 and to me, I don't look any different in the mirror. I see it in pictures but it's hard to believe. I think adjusting to the new you takes awhile.

What do you think of this dress? Is it too homecoming-ish? I love it but don't want to look like I'm going to a high schol dance!

Thanks!

( I hope the attachment works. It's my first time adding a picture. I tried to just copy the picture and paste it here but it didn't work)

100_1417.jpg.0c9b8351369a400d15ca728c14164dee.jpg

Pwilliams1952:

Hi Barlee, great dress. When I've seen celebs with one shoulder dresses like this, they usually just wear a really cute bracelet and nice earrings. I think that a necklace would detract from the gorgeous neckline of the dress. I think I'd probably go with black shoes unless of course there is a color in the dress you really like and want to highlight. It's kind of hard for me to see what colors are in the dress

I really like the bracelet idea! Thanks! I do better with solid colors when I accessorize:p

KandCsailing:

Cute dress. I'd do either black or silver shoes or any of the colours in the fabric. You have a lot of options. What colour are you taking for any other dresses?

Accessory wise I'd go with a chunky bangle bracelet or a bunch of skinny ones and some long drop earrings. If you want a necklace I'd do a choker and smaller earrings. Personally I'd either stick to one colour of jewelry or do silver with stones or enamel in the peacock shades.

Thank you! I am taking a pair of mid level heeled silver shoes, and I think I'm leaning towards black for this dress. I do have a pair of dangling, peacock earrings I'm thinking about now that you mention peacock shades.

SoonerOne:

Barlee: I LOVE this dress. Would you mind sharing where you got it?

Sure, here's the link. It's at Amazon. I've never ordered a dress off there before this but I really loved this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008HW2ZHO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

CELTICGIRLCRUISER:

Pretty dress Barbara, firstly are you thinking flats or heels?

Thanks! I'd like mid level to high heels. I am taking several flats though for some shorter day dresses I'm taking. My last cruise I played it really safe footwear wise and regretted not going all out. I may trip all over but at least I'll *feel* pretty while I do it:D

What do you think of this dress? Is it too homecoming-ish? I love it but don't want to look like I'm going to a high schol dance!

Thanks!

( I hope the attachment works. It's my first time adding a picture. I tried to just copy the picture and paste it here but it didn't work)

I think the dress is beautiful. If you are concerned that it may look like more of a homecoming look, I would suggest you watch your accessory choices. Think about the shoes and jewelry, that can always throw an outfit in the direction you'd like.

Thanks!

Ironically it is very similiar to the dress I picked out for my friend's daugher who is at homecoming as I type.dress_zpsf6b879cb.jpg

dress_zpsf6b879cb.jpg

To sjmbruce, yes I think your dress looks like it is for a prom. You asked, I am being honest. Is this a new dress (I didn't catch it earlier if you mentioned it) or one you are hoping to "wear again" - breathe new life into it?

You are blessed with a beautiful figure; I think you can wear most anything and look fabulous, but I'm sorry - I just don't care for it.

Ironically it is very similiar to the dress I picked out for my friend's daugher who is at homecoming as I type.dress_zpsf6b879cb.jpg

I think your dress is delightful. You are obviously young and slim, and have great legs - the shoes look good with the dress. With your long hair you have the option of leaving it down as it is in the photograph or having it put up (perhaps by the ship's hairdresser) into an elegant chignon or French roll, which would add an air of sophistication and maturity. The big question, though, is not what I or the above (conflicting opinion) poster think of the dress, it is: how do you feel in it? To me, from the photograph, it seems you really love that dress (that's why you bought it), and I'll best your man loves it too. You look young, fresh and feminine - enjoy it. :)

I think your dress is delightful. You are obviously young and slim, and have great legs - the shoes look good with the dress. With your long hair you have the option of leaving it down as it is in the photograph or having it put up (perhaps by the ship's hairdresser) into an elegant chignon or French roll, which would add an air of sophistication and maturity. The big question, though, is not what I or the above (conflicting opinion) poster think of the dress, it is: how do you feel in it? To me, from the photograph, it seems you really love that dress (that's why you bought it), and I'll best your man loves it too. You look young, fresh and feminine - enjoy it. :)

This isn't sjmbruce this is a picture of angelndscz daughters friend before going to the prom in a similar dress.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

This isn't sjmbruce this is a picture of angelndscz daughters friend before going to the prom in a similar dress.

I've been back over what she said and didn't pick up any mention of the photo being her friend's daughter. Actually, if you look at her picture she looks young and pretty to me and so I hold to what I said about the dress. :)

I've been back over what she said and didn't pick up any mention of the photo being her friend's daughter.........

You need to reread the posts below it and you will see where that comes into it by another poster whose friends daughter has a similar dress and who was in the picture.:D

I think the dress is lovely on the girl in the picture too.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

Thanks!

I think it's a really pretty dress. If you like it you should wear it.

I am 5'2" and am at 165 too. I'm in a size 10 and I'm finding it really hard to lose the last 25 (the high end for weight watchers). I think I have the same bone structure as you...I don't think i could ever get that small. I've also lost 65 and to me, I don't look any different in the mirror. I see it in pictures but it's hard to believe. I think adjusting to the new you takes awhile.

It's really interesting how we come in all shapes and sizes. I am 5'2" and when my weight got up to 140 lbs I couldn't fit into anything size 10 on the bottom. Many size 12 pants were too tight. I got back down to 130 and now I wear size 10-12.

Thanks!

I think it's pretty and something very easy to make your own with jewelry, shoes, etc.

I've been back over what she said and didn't pick up any mention of the photo being her friend's daughter.

Oh dear, if this is the case, then I do beg your pardon. :o I thought it was sjmbruce and she had figured out a way to post a picture of herself in her dress.

The dress in the picture is cute if it is for a prom, specifically. IMO (and it is mine!) I don't think anyone over prom age should wear this type of dress. *shrug* That's all I was saying. :)