Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Salut globetrekkie. Je suis originaire de France aussi. Ma famille vit a Lyon. Que diriez-vous?

You look fantastic. I love all your dresses. Yes, I am a shopaholic too :D. I am going to Paris on the 13 next month for some shopping and to visit my family.

Bonne journee

Marie

Oh bonjour Marie ! I had no idea you came from France too ! I have browsed this post for a few days, and I have to say you have amazed me with your fabulous dresses... so many different styles, different colors, and they all fit you wonderfully !

I wish you a nice visit in France, I hope you will enjoy the shopping

Well, I cannot say that I go to the US specifically for shopping, but if I go to the US for whatever reason, of course I do not miss any occasion to go shopping.

For instance, this summer we spent our 3 weeks of vacation trekking in Arizona, Utah, Nevada & New Mexico (you now guessed why I chose the name globetrekkie ;)), in fabulous state parks, national parks and national monuments.

Of course, we went shopping in the outlets in Las Vegas, and Phoenix, it would have been a shame not to do so. And by chance (lucky me), we were in Vegas for Labor day sale, so a lot of bargains.

Last year for our Oasis cruise, we arrived on Thanksgiving day in Fort Lauderdale, and it meant... Yeah, Black friday sale on the morrow, lucky me again.

We chose to stay at the hotel just outside of the mall, and we woke up very early because of the jet lag. We were in the mall at 5AM, at this time of day, we could enjoy shopping without the frenzy, it was very agreeable.

By midday, it was crazier, lots of people everywhere. The carts were overflowing with stuff. Some husbands were pushing these carts, full with stuff but not only, as their exhausted wives were sitting on them after walking too much... Some people also bought huge suitcases that they then filled with all the clothing they bought. It was quite fun to be part of this madness.

You can see the result of this crazy day of Black friday sale shopping here :

117GGBLACKFRIDAY_zps393bde46.jpg

I love to go shopping in France also, but I have noticed that when I want to buy cocktail or fancier dresses, there are better bargains in the US.

LOVE Black Friday. Shameful as it is I actually go to New York some years just for two days. Fly there thanksgiving and back on Saturday 5pm ish and just shop. We stay at Newark, dump our luggage then off to the port authority to get a bus out to the Woodbury Common outlet then shop NYC on Saturday. We try to stay on uk time so as not to get jet lag.

My sister in law and I have a great time when we have been.

This year we will be in New York just after Christmas en route to Puerto Rico.

Can I expect post Christmas sales like here in the UK?

Thanks Marie,

I love that green dress, too. Unfortunately, it isn't in my closet.

I've had mine for years, bought it for my best friend's wedding.

It's slightly more teal colored, but not a dark teal.

It's made of a heavy jersey, very plain in the front, accented with the princess seams and has a nice sweetheart neckline. It's kind of a loose fit, which I figured might be useful the last formal night of a 13-day cruise. (I might have to have two desserts on certain nights...)

The plain-ness of the front is rescued by the lovely lace on the back. And it looks great with that blingy necklace to dress it up.

Pulled out the necklace to clean it, and noticed a mark. Guess I had never really looked before. Turns out, it's not a Juliana, it's a Schiaparelli.

This one is similar but mine has the mother of pearl leaves, too:

cc77c339bacb3082fb13e4edd915e85f.jpgHow fun to find out more about it. I have no idea where my Grandma got it. I used to play "dress up" with it back in the 60's, and she gave it to me when I graduated from high school. I had a great Grandma:D

Thanks Marie,

I love that green dress, too. Unfortunately, it isn't in my closet.

I've had mine for years, bought it for my best friend's wedding.

It's slightly more teal colored, but not a dark teal.

It's made of a heavy jersey, very plain in the front, accented with the princess seams and has a nice sweetheart neckline. It's kind of a loose fit, which I figured might be useful the last formal night of a 13-day cruise. (I might have to have two desserts on certain nights...)

The plain-ness of the front is rescued by the lovely lace on the back. And it looks great with that blingy necklace to dress it up.

Pulled out the necklace to clean it, and noticed a mark. Guess I had never really looked before. Turns out, it's not a Juliana, it's a Schiaparelli.

This one is similar but mine has the mother of pearl leaves, too:

cc77c339bacb3082fb13e4edd915e85f.jpgHow fun to find out more about it. I have no idea where my Grandma got it. I used to play "dress up" with it back in the 60's, and she gave it to me when I graduated from high school. I had a great Grandma:D

WOW, that necklace is FAB ! I too had a great grandmother & I'm lucky that I did receive a few pieces of her jewelery & a beautiful little gold handbag, would remind you of what they carried back in the 20's! I sometimes take it on a cruise to use on a formal night.

Good morning ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I went shopping over the weekend. These what I bought.

This is Tadashi gown, my FAVORITE! It is in RED

10424879036_9aa0a78527_z.jpg

This is also Tadashi.

10424874545_134f1e49fb_z.jpg

This is Tadashi as well.

10424871825_87ee0155e0_z.jpg

This is Tadashi too.

10424888256_2674b01643_z.jpg

This is also Tadashi, except it is without the sleeves

10424852144_f0a1f898e5.jpg

Good morning ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I went shopping over the weekend. These what I bought.

This is Tadashi gown, my FAVORITE! It is in RED

This is also Tadashi.

This is Tadashi as well.

This is Tadashi too.

This is also Tadashi, except it is without the sleeves

Nice shopping ! My favorites are the first one and the fourth one. So elegant ! Stunning dresses...