Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Hi, Kristen and welcome to the happiest forum on CC! I think the Rapunzel dress is beautiful. 25 years of marriage is something to celebrate and that is definitely a celebration dress.

When you are ready to post pictures, check out the Photography forum for some good advice. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1714741

Yes congrats on your first post, the wedding anniversary, bringing up three boys, vow renewal... All of it really!!

And do you know Scrapnana, you are absolutely right. This IS the happiest forum. I love reading it and seeing all the different styles and all the appreciation and support even if I don't post often I'm always lurking!

Hi Everyone! I'm Kristen and I'm a dress a holic! It has been 1 day since my last dress purchase. ;) Just wanted to introduce myself and say that I am happy to be joining your wonderful group. I am new to Cruise Critic and I have been reading this thread for about a week now and finally made it to the end! *phew* I am both glad I finally got here so I can start posting and sad because now I have to WAIT for people to post new stuff! I feel like I've gotten to know so many of you and there is such a fantastic array of tastes and styles that I know you will be a fun group. :)

My hubby, who is an officer in the US Army and I are heading out on the RC Freedom on August 10th for our 25th wedding anniversary. We will be taking our 3 boys who are 21, 16 and 13 with us. It will be my 6th cruise and I love, love, love shopping for them!

The dress I just bought I will have to get one of my boys to snap a pic of me in then figure out how to post it up! Bought it for a gala at a work convention I am heading to in DC next week, but I was looking for something that I could wear a few times since I have a military ball coming up on my husband's arrival back from Afghanistan and the cruise.

Hubby always takes his Dress Blues with him and he just had a tux custom made for him in Afghanistan. It looks sharp!

Laurie, I live in NY close to you on the other side of Syracuse! Maybe we could get together some time and do some cruise dress shopping! :D

OK So now I guess I should ask the big fashion question. While I was in the dress shop getting my dress, the white dresses were screaming all to loudly that I needed to try some on. We are, as I said, going for our nd I really want to do a vo25th wedding anniversary aw renewal on the ship. So first I was thinking something simple, but I made the mistake of trying on a very definite Wedding dress. It is GORGEOUS and oh so much fun! It is light and BIG and has butterflies all over the skirt. I have to giggle because it is a Disney dress and is called the Rapunzel gown by Alfred Angelo. I feel like such a kid. I'm 49. lol. SO, after 25 years do you bypass the big dress for a simple cocktail like dress or do you say, HEY! I've loved that man for 25 years and our love is bigger now than it ever was and the dress should be too! :p I know it will be just my hubby, 3 boys and I, but what the hey! Who knows, through Roll Call I may just meet a great bunch of people who would love to come watch the renewal! :D

Here is a link to the dress: http://www.weddingideasmag.com/wp-content/gallery/alfred-angelo-disney/alfred-angelo-rapunzel-208.jpg

I say Yes To The Dress! Welcome to Cruise Critic and 25th wedding anniversary. Tell your husband a BIG THANK YOU for his service.

So sorry for the "model in dresses" pictures. I didn't have any of me in that Light in the Box dress scanned in or on my phone and none at all of my friends daughter at her homecoming dance. Was just showing the two dresses purchases from that site. Won't make that mistake again.

So sorry for the "model in dresses" pictures. I didn't have any of me in that Light in the Box dress scanned in or on my phone and none at all of my friends daughter at her homecoming dance. Was just showing the two dresses purchases from that site. Won't make that mistake again.

Nothing to apologize for - we all do the same thing all the time!

Oh no no no, no need to be sorry. I hope I didn't come across that harsh :eek:

That was definitely NOT my meaning. Sorry if I made someone feel bad.

I simply meant to encourage everyone to pose for and then post a photo here -in addition- to the model ones. There is no such thing as too many photos of lovely dresses, right?? :)

We like to see all you real wonderful women in your great gowns and beautiful dresses.

When I married (a few more than 25 years ago :)) dresses were quite plain. I really love the new floaty feminine bridal wear that the girls can wear now and am quite jealous they weren't the style way back. So go for that gorgeous dress! You will feel like a princess surrounded by her family. I'd love to come if I was on that cruise. :)

(And knowing this thread there was no intention at all to upset you re the photo. We just like seeing us all glammed up. :))

Hi Everyone! I'm Kristen and I'm a dress a holic! It has been 1 day since my last dress purchase. ;) Just wanted to introduce myself and say that I am happy to be joining your wonderful group. I am new to Cruise Critic and I have been reading this thread for about a week now and finally made it to the end! *phew* I am both glad I finally got here so I can start posting and sad because now I have to WAIT for people to post new stuff! I feel like I've gotten to know so many of you and there is such a fantastic array of tastes and styles that I know you will be a fun group. :)

My hubby, who is an officer in the US Army and I are heading out on the RC Freedom on August 10th for our 25th wedding anniversary. We will be taking our 3 boys who are 21, 16 and 13 with us. It will be my 6th cruise and I love, love, love shopping for them!

The dress I just bought I will have to get one of my boys to snap a pic of me in then figure out how to post it up! Bought it for a gala at a work convention I am heading to in DC next week, but I was looking for something that I could wear a few times since I have a military ball coming up on my husband's arrival back from Afghanistan and the cruise.

Hubby always takes his Dress Blues with him and he just had a tux custom made for him in Afghanistan. It looks sharp!

Laurie, I live in NY close to you on the other side of Syracuse! Maybe we could get together some time and do some cruise dress shopping! :D

OK So now I guess I should ask the big fashion question. While I was in the dress shop getting my dress, the white dresses were screaming all to loudly that I needed to try some on. We are, as I said, going for our 25th wedding anniversary and I really want to do a vow renewal on the ship. So first I was thinking something simple, but I made the mistake of trying on a very definite Wedding dress. It is GORGEOUS and oh so much fun! It is light and BIG and has butterflies all over the skirt. I have to giggle because it is a Disney dress and is called the Rapunzel gown by Alfred Angelo. I feel like such a kid. I'm 49. lol. SO, after 25 years do you bypass the big dress for a simple cocktail like dress or do you say, HEY! I've loved that man for 25 years and our love is bigger now than it ever was and the dress should be too! :p I know it will be just my hubby, 3 boys and I, but what the hey! Who knows, through Roll Call I may just meet a great bunch of people who would love to come watch the renewal! :D

Here is a link to the dress: http://www.weddingideasmag.com/wp-content/gallery/alfred-angelo-disney/alfred-angelo-rapunzel-208.jpg

Welcome to CC and our ever-so-fun fashion boards! :D I am in love with the Rapunzel gown.

Lisa

Love the wedding renewal dress you have chosen .. It is beautiful :-) when Dave and I got married 10 years ago I wore a blue ballgown type of dress that shimmered green when I walked and I still love my dress lol (wore it to a Christmas party once because I just could not see it hanging in the closet not being worn lol )

Thanks all for the warm welcome and for the Rapunzel approval! :D It will be a while before I can get that one picked up and in the mean time I will probably go out and try on some more just so I can say, yes it is without a doubt the one (which it is!!) Plus it's just plain fun to try others on! ;) That was the first one I tried and it sang to me, then I tried on 2 more and they looked very, um, "matronly" and that I am not. :p lol.

So if you wore it for your vow renewal, how long would you wear it? Would you wear it to dinner? They don't have vow renewals on formal nights according to the web site so I don't know if it would be done on a port day or what. If it's a port day, it will have to be after we board back onto the ship as I love going into port and these are 3 that we haven't hit yet!

I will try to post a picture of me (not anywhere close to as blonde or skinny as the model in the pic) in the blue dress I posted up tomorrow when we can actually get a pic of me in some good light. If not, I will post up after I get back from DC!

Thanks all for the warm welcome and for the Rapunzel approval! :D It will be a while before I can get that one picked up and in the mean time I will probably go out and try on some more just so I can say, yes it is without a doubt the one (which it is!!) Plus it's just plain fun to try others on! ;) That was the first one I tried and it sang to me, then I tried on 2 more and they looked very, um, "matronly" and that I am not. :p lol.

So if you wore it for your vow renewal, how long would you wear it? Would you wear it to dinner? They don't have vow renewals on formal nights according to the web site so I don't know if it would be done on a port day or what. If it's a port day, it will have to be after we board back onto the ship as I love going into port and these are 3 that we haven't hit yet!

I will try to post a picture of me (not anywhere close to as blonde or skinny as the model in the pic) in the blue dress I posted up tomorrow when we can actually get a pic of me in some good light. If not, I will post up after I get back from DC!

I would wear it to dinner. It is your special day, let everyone know. That is a belle of the ball type of dress, enjoy it all evening. If you can, I would not schedule your ceremony for a port day. They can be long and tiring and you want to be cool, comfortable and relaxed to renew your vows.

Edited by Scrapnana

I really believe there is a special dress for every woman, and you will certainly "KNOW" that it is your dress. It's just an inner feeling. It was the same for me when I bought my wedding dress twelve years ago. I tried on several dresses, but it was that first dress that I knew was "my special wedding gown". If that dress is singing to you, then it must be the one!:) The dress is just so amazingly beautiful and I know you will look even more beautiful in it.

I would think you could wear it to dinner on the day that you have your renewal. Have you actually thought about the steakhouse for that night. Probably more room than in the MDR. Either place will be perfect.

Congratulations on your anniversary and vow renewal...that is a milestone. Also please give our "THANKS" to your husband for his service. I have to admit, that is one of the highlights of the cruise for me, is when I get to walk out with Drew in his Dress Blues!;) I always feel so lucky and blessed!:)

th?id=H.5006210724135282&pid=1.7

Hi Ladies, Hope you are all doing well. Haven't been on here much lately...just dealing with some health issues. You know "getting old"!:D Wanted to show you a dress that I ordered the other day. I actually ordered this dress in black for our last cruise and decided that I liked it so much...I needed another color.

I've ordered it in red for this years Sweetheart Ball...then I ordered the dress in a royal blue for our upcoming cruise. I kept thinking how much Drew loves this dress with the high neck, and how much I love "GREEN":rolleyes: so I ordered it my favorite shade of green!:rolleyes: Yes, another green dress...I just can't help it.

I had them leave the bow off...that bow was just too large and the dress looks so much better without it. Once again the lady that I ordered from was so sweet...I ordered the dress on October 3, and it arrived tonight. I've got to email her now and thank her for all the work she did to make this happen.

I'll post pictures when we get back from the cruise. Everyone have a wonderful and blessed weekend.:)

Hi guys! So last tuesday, my parents came back from their 6 day Shanghai trip and brought back our new tailored dresses that we can wear on our up and coming Cunard cruise! Yay! :) So I thought I'd share some pictures of them with you! I am extremely looking forward to getting to wear these on board next month!

(they're all floor length for me & are just barely not touching the ground when I wear heels)

10220516324_fbbc602a38_b.jpg

10220513254_98922fa2d9_b.jpg

10220619356_3ba38c8e9a_b.jpg

10220712063_ec4bec11eb_b.jpg

(my Cinderella dress! :D I posted this one of me in it because it looks better worn than hung)

I also am considering wearing one of these for prom in June! Which do you think I should wear?

th?id=H.5006210724135282&pid=1.7

Hi Ladies' date=' Hope you are all doing well. Haven't been on here much lately...just dealing with some health issues. You know "getting old"!:D Wanted to show you a dress that I ordered the other day. I actually ordered this dress in black for our last cruise and decided that I liked it so much...I needed another color.[/b']

I've ordered it in red for this years Sweetheart Ball...then I ordered the dress in a royal blue for our upcoming cruise. I kept thinking how much Drew loves this dress with the high neck, and how much I love "GREEN":rolleyes: so I ordered it my favorite shade of green!:rolleyes: Yes, another green dress...I just can't help it.

I had them leave the bow off...that bow was just too large and the dress looks so much better without it. Once again the lady that I ordered from was so sweet...I ordered the dress on October 3, and it arrived tonight. I've got to email her now and thank her for all the work she did to make this happen.

I'll post pictures when we get back from the cruise. Everyone have a wonderful and blessed weekend.:)

Hi Sherrie, Nice to see you back on the boards! Will look forward to seeing your pics when you get back from your cruise. Hope you have a great time & say hello to Drew.

I just picked up the pink gown I received from Marie after having it hemmed & I can hardly wait to wear it on our cruise nx month. I too will post pics.

Again, have lots of fun & dance the night away! :D

Hi Sherrie, Nice to see you back on the boards! Will look forward to seeing your pics when you get back from your cruise. Hope you have a great time & say hello to Drew.

I just picked up the pink gown I received from Marie after having it hemmed & I can hardly wait to wear it on our cruise nx month. I too will post pics.

Again, have lots of fun & dance the night away! :D

Thanks Judy,

I know the pink dress will be beautiful on you...will be looking forward to the pictures. I just don't have much time to be on here lately, with work and everything else... Just keeping Drew's Honor Guard clothes ready is wearing me out....He had nine services this week! Had to turn one down for tomorrow. Drew is the youngest at 71 and so for most of these gentlemen, nine services in one week is pushing it.

I'm so ready to get away on ths cruise!!:)

Hi guys! So last tuesday, my parents came back from their 6 day Shanghai trip and brought back our new tailored dresses that we can wear on our up and coming Cunard cruise! Yay! :) So I thought I'd share some pictures of them with you! I am extremely looking forward to getting to wear these on board next month!

(they're all floor length for me & are just barely not touching the ground when I wear heels)

(my Cinderella dress! :D I posted this one of me in it because it looks better worn than hung)

I also am considering wearing one of these for prom in June! Which do you think I should wear?

Great dresses! You will look fabulous on QE. As to the prom, do you want to go princess or sophisticated?

I am looking forward to all of your cruise pictures and hope you have a fantastic time.