Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Hi fellow shopaholics !

I'm Geraldine, from France, and I like this thread, so many opportunities to see nice dresses...

I like to cruise, I've been on 3 cruises already, inclusing one on Oasis of the Seas last year.

One of the things I love on the cruises is the opportunity to dress up.

I will try to post the 2 dresses I wore last year for formal nights. I hope it will work, it will be the fist time I try...

Here is the first one : I bought it on sale at Macy's, it's a Ralph Lauren.

ROA-121128-2FML_LSP-17862259_zps0052ef3d.jpg

And here is the 2d one : I bought it in a cocktail dresses store in Sawgrass Mills the day before our cruise last year (on Black friday)

ROA-121125-1FML_Car-17815559_zpsf79e4b09.jpg

I will be cruising again, in the Allure of the Seas in November, and I haven't bought any new dresses yet for this cruise.

Like last year, I hope I will find new dresses on the eve of our cruise while shopping at Sawgrass Mills.

I will bring alternate dresses in case I do not find anything, maybe this one that I wore for a wedding this year (I lost 30 pounds between my cruise last year and this picture this year). I also bought this one at Sawgrass Mills on sale, it's a Ralph Lauren that I love.

DSC00069_zps76aa8fcb.jpg

I'm excited about the cruise, and excited about the shopping to come :)

Welcome to CC. You look beautiful. I would love to know what differences or similarities do you see in the clothing style of American women's versus the women of France (Paris).

I would love to know what differences or similarities do you see in the clothing style of American women's versus the women of France (Paris).

Wow, this is a difficult question, I'm not sure I have the answer to that one. I see so many different styles here, that it's tough then to generalize...

The similarity that I see, is that most women in France and in the US love to shop, regardless of the style ! ;)

Hello Geraldine from France, welcome :)

Longer hair suits you fabulously!!

Thanks ! I like to change my hairstyle from time to time, and now it still looks more or less like the last picture.

By the way, I loved the review you made on Allure, it was great and a lot of fun.

Thanks ! I like to change my hairstyle from time to time, and now it still looks more or less like the last picture.

By the way, I loved the review you made on Allure, it was great and a lot of fun.

Thank You! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I'm a lot of fun ;):p:D

Sorry yall, I still have you both beat. :p I now have, JUST my short dresses....sundresses, Sunday dresses, cocktail dresses......are you sitting down????? Are you ready for this?????? 112 short dresses....some still with tags.....This does not include all my evening dresses or just my every day long dresses....this is ONLY my short dresses :eek:

---------------------

oh my goodness !!!! and I though I had a lot :-) I think I will take all 14 dresses with me on the December cruise LOL ... although I only have 2 evening dresses ... I love a lot more in the store today but it is either the dresses or the mortgage and the mortgage won out lol ...

No! I am not a Shopaholic. Just look into my closet; there is nothing to wear :(

Have a fantastic weekend everyone.

Happy shopping

Marie

--------------------

you are too funny Marie :) .... we would all love to look in your closet :) and I bet it looks so empty to you because I know that you have generously given a lot of them away on another thread :) ... Have a great night Marie !!!

This is the only thing I bought for our upcoming cruise around Cape Horn:

The dress is full length on me. My jewelry is similar, an antique necklace and earring set my Grandma gave me, and a cuff like that one. I'm wearing black sandals, but shorter heel. I finally managed to order the purse (OK, I bought something else, hee hee) Big problem getting it shipped to CA. Some prop 65 problem. I guess they think I'm going to burn my new purse :confused:

What do you ladies think? It's my first big-ship cruise; going with my Mom.

What should I do with my hair? Mine is shoulder length and straight. I'm definitely wearing my hair up for the last formal night. See next posts.

Lisa

58d14775ad137f931ed7b63839a18bac.jpg

Going short for the second one. My dress is very similar with 3/4 sleeves.

Wearing two pearl strands twisted with a big Victorian bow pin accent. Am going to be very naughty and wear a pretty bracelet I bought to give to my DIL for Christmas! She'll never know.

Same shoes, same purse.

bc991cab64ff676a04836f9f889b2b42.jpg

I had a hard time putting together this Polyvore set. I couldn't really find a pic of my dress. Guess I could have taken my own, but I haven't figured out how to upload that yet.

Mine is simple on the front with Princess seams and a sweetheart neckline. The back is the attraction; a deep V cut with gorgeous lace. That's why I'm wearing my hair up. May have to hit the salon to have it "done".

My necklace is similar but I think mine is prettier. It's a vintage Juliana with mother of pearl leaves, then the green, purple, blue, teal stones and glass leaves. I don't have the matching earrings, but I found a pair that looks great. Another gift from my Grandma. We just sent her to heaven last October at 96! It's kind of the reason for the cruise. We planned it in Jan to cheer up my Mom.

Same shoes, same purse, again. I'm a veteran light packer. This is the first time in years I've taken more than a carry-on; I can live out of one for a month. Thankfully we won't have to drag these 26" suitcases around too much. We'll just tip the porters and taxi drivers, lol.

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions. I'll post real pics when I get back.

b03b9f95b0522a482506e3d54d88b35c.jpg

As for Sawgrass Mills, I also love it, and we always go there when close to Fort Lauderdale (which is not often as we live in France... a little far to go there regularly;;;)

That's funny because I know someone around here who goes to Paris to shop.:D

I'm SO going to show this to my husband and prove to him once and for all my 20+ dresses are indeed not too much :D:D

LOL....I think I could have gone overboard just a little. :D But when some of these dresses were only $6.99-$12.99, it was hard not to buy them when they looked so good on me. Best of all, most of them, hides the fat belly :rolleyes:

---------------------

oh my goodness !!!! and I though I had a lot :-) I think I will take all 14 dresses with me on the December cruise LOL ... although I only have 2 evening dresses ... I love a lot more in the store today but it is either the dresses or the mortgage and the mortgage won out lol ...

Since my house burnt and I moved into my son's vacant house (which no longer has a mortgage because it was paid off when my house burnt because of my property being used as collateral) I had to replace everything, but did go overboard a little with the clothes. I don't go into my favorite stores any more right now, because I know that I would find something to buy and I don't need any more clothes.

Edited by arhillbilly

That's funny because I know someone around here who goes to Paris to shop.:D

Well, I cannot say that I go to the US specifically for shopping, but if I go to the US for whatever reason, of course I do not miss any occasion to go shopping.

For instance, this summer we spent our 3 weeks of vacation trekking in Arizona, Utah, Nevada & New Mexico (you now guessed why I chose the name globetrekkie ;)), in fabulous state parks, national parks and national monuments.

Of course, we went shopping in the outlets in Las Vegas, and Phoenix, it would have been a shame not to do so. And by chance (lucky me), we were in Vegas for Labor day sale, so a lot of bargains.

Last year for our Oasis cruise, we arrived on Thanksgiving day in Fort Lauderdale, and it meant... Yeah, Black friday sale on the morrow, lucky me again.

We chose to stay at the hotel just outside of the mall, and we woke up very early because of the jet lag. We were in the mall at 5AM, at this time of day, we could enjoy shopping without the frenzy, it was very agreeable.

By midday, it was crazier, lots of people everywhere. The carts were overflowing with stuff. Some husbands were pushing these carts, full with stuff but not only, as their exhausted wives were sitting on them after walking too much... Some people also bought huge suitcases that they then filled with all the clothing they bought. It was quite fun to be part of this madness.

You can see the result of this crazy day of Black friday sale shopping here :

117GGBLACKFRIDAY_zps393bde46.jpg

I love to go shopping in France also, but I have noticed that when I want to buy cocktail or fancier dresses, there are better bargains in the US.

This is the only thing I bought for our upcoming cruise around Cape Horn:

The dress is full length on me. My jewelry is similar, an antique necklace and earring set my Grandma gave me, and a cuff like that one. I'm wearing black sandals, but shorter heel. I finally managed to order the purse (OK, I bought something else, hee hee) Big problem getting it shipped to CA. Some prop 65 problem. I guess they think I'm going to burn my new purse :confused:

What do you ladies think? It's my first big-ship cruise; going with my Mom.

What should I do with my hair? Mine is shoulder length and straight. I'm definitely wearing my hair up for the last formal night. See next posts.

Lisa

Lisa, I think this is a super elegant dress !! I wish that I could buy that kind of dress, but I'm only 5 feet tall and I have never felt comfortable wearing this length. I like the lacy top and the way the bottom seems so light.

I had a hard time putting together this Polyvore set. I couldn't really find a pic of my dress. Guess I could have taken my own, but I haven't figured out how to upload that yet.

Mine is simple on the front with Princess seams and a sweetheart neckline. The back is the attraction; a deep V cut with gorgeous lace. That's why I'm wearing my hair up. May have to hit the salon to have it "done".

My necklace is similar but I think mine is prettier. It's a vintage Juliana with mother of pearl leaves, then the green, purple, blue, teal stones and glass leaves. I don't have the matching earrings, but I found a pair that looks great. Another gift from my Grandma. We just sent her to heaven last October at 96! It's kind of the reason for the cruise. We planned it in Jan to cheer up my Mom.

Same shoes, same purse, again. I'm a veteran light packer. This is the first time in years I've taken more than a carry-on; I can live out of one for a month. Thankfully we won't have to drag these 26" suitcases around too much. We'll just tip the porters and taxi drivers, lol.

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions. I'll post real pics when I get back.

b03b9f95b0522a482506e3d54d88b35c.jpg

I love this gown, my favorite style, V neck and the waistline flatter your body. Love the color too.

M

I love this gown, my favorite style, V neck and the waistline flatter your body. Love the color too.

M

Hi Marie, Wouldn't that "green necklace & earrings" go great with the green gown you sent me?? Also, had the "pink gown" hemmed & it came out great. I can't wait to wear both of them.

Hope your foot is doing OK now. Have a good week.

Hi fellow shopaholics !

I'm Geraldine, from France, and I like this thread, so many opportunities to see nice dresses...

I like to cruise, I've been on 3 cruises already, inclusing one on Oasis of the Seas last year.

One of the things I love on the cruises is the opportunity to dress up.

I will try to post the 2 dresses I wore last year for formal nights. I hope it will work, it will be the fist time I try...

Here is the first one : I bought it on sale at Macy's, it's a Ralph Lauren.

ROA-121128-2FML_LSP-17862259_zps0052ef3d.jpg

And here is the 2d one : I bought it in a cocktail dresses store in Sawgrass Mills the day before our cruise last year (on Black friday)

ROA-121125-1FML_Car-17815559_zpsf79e4b09.jpg

I will be cruising again, in the Allure of the Seas in November, and I haven't bought any new dresses yet for this cruise.

Like last year, I hope I will find new dresses on the eve of our cruise while shopping at Sawgrass Mills.

I will bring alternate dresses in case I do not find anything, maybe this one that I wore for a wedding this year (I lost 30 pounds between my cruise last year and this picture this year). I also bought this one at Sawgrass Mills on sale, it's a Ralph Lauren that I love.

DSC00069_zps76aa8fcb.jpg

I'm excited about the cruise, and excited about the shopping to come :)

Salut globetrekkie. Je suis originaire de France aussi. Ma famille vit a Lyon. Que diriez-vous?

You look fantastic. I love all your dresses. Yes, I am a shopaholic too :D. I am going to Paris on the 13 next month for some shopping and to visit my family.

Bonne journee

Marie

Hi Marie, Wouldn't that "green necklace & earrings" go great with the green gown you sent me?? Also, had the "pink gown" hemmed & it came out great. I can't wait to wear both of them.

Hope your foot is doing OK now. Have a good week.

Oh yes! You would look fantastic. I went to the Tadashi store yesterday. I bought five gowns and four dresses. I now have three red gowns :D. What to do? Will post some pictures later. We are watching the grandkids today.

Take care and have a great day.

M

Now, I don't go to Tadashi to shop (though I love Tadashi!), but you and I are the same when it comes to filling our closets. I've talked my husband into gutting all the closets in our house and re-doing them so I have more room for my gowns.

Isn't shopping grand? :D

I like certain Tadashi gowns and dresses. Some of his gowns and dresses are plain ugly :D. And other designers are like that too. Sometime I wonder, what were they thinking?

M