Ever slept above-deck under-the-stars?

Trin1103

Total shot in the dark here - has anybody ever spent the night on a cruise (specifically Carnival) above-deck (i.e. on Serenity or the Sun Deck) under the stars?

This is something we'd love to do on a cruise - but we're not sure of the regulations LOL.

..Trin..

Did that many times as a teenager 35 years ago. Woke up one morning to the splash of water. 2 crew members were up one deck mopping and emptied the pails onto my deck about 10 feet away from me. We all had a good laugh about it.

Total shot in the dark here - has anybody ever spent the night on a cruise (specifically Carnival) above-deck (i.e. on Serenity or the Sun Deck) under the stars?

This is something we'd love to do on a cruise - but we're not sure of the regulations LOL.

..Trin..

Every time we try we get run inside because it seems to rain on us. :(

..Trin..

always wanted to, but they stack and lock up all the chairs at night.

That's something that never occurred to me...but I think sleeping with the balcony door open is close enough to under the stars as I need to be. If Carnival has no problem with it - have fun! I would imagine that there is some normal cleaning and maintenance that will be going on around you though.

That's something that never occurred to me...but I think sleeping with the balcony door open is close enough to under the stars as I need to be. If Carnival has no problem with it - have fun! I would imagine that there is some normal cleaning and maintenance that will be going on around you though.

only if you want that humid air in your bedding, which makes it kinda stink.

We tried on the Heritage MWA, but the decks are so close to the water, that a mist falls over you and you just get really really damp. I think we will try this on our next cruise-there can't be many bugs at sea? Right? I once had a star shining in my cabin window so bright it woke me up, so I am really looking forward to this.

Last cruise The husband next cabin to us got Kick out of his cabin the 2nd night at sea by his wife. He spent the next three days of the Lido deck sleeping. He got to friendly with another couple's wife

Have also have seen people sleeping off the one to many DODs on the upper decks

Also DW fell asleep on our Aft Bal. on our Dec 06 cruise and got woken up around 4:30 AM when they turn on the splinkers to wash the upper decks rail windows, You should have heard the noise she made:rolleyes:

Does this also inc. the following Sleeping in the Well deck of a Landing Craft Mech. (LCM8) in Viet Nam while on a support/supply mission:confused:

Paul

only if you want that humid air in your bedding, which makes it kinda stink.

It's one of my favorite parts of cruising. At home I use the AC two or three days during the summer. I'll take fresh air over AC any day - humidity or not.

Archived