Royal Weekend Pricing Specials

I posted this with-in another thread but figured I post a new thread on the topic.....Not sure if a lot of you have noticed but Royal has been doing a lot of special weekend pricing lately;) Prices drop midnight Fri and then go back up midnight Sun.

Yes - they've been doing a lot of that. Good prices available Saturday morning and gone by Monday morning. I'm on a cruise in Nov. A week before final, prices dropped - I was able to upgrade an inside category for less money. The final payment day prices dropped again and I was able to upgrade again to a promenade for even less money. Saved $500+. Folks on my roll call who were booked through a TA were scrambling. Fortunately, I was booked directly so all I had to do was call to get the lower price. I was a very happy camper.

I have noticed this for quite some time. Conveniently for Royal, one of the popular TAs that advertises here is closed all weekend. I had to scramble on my last two cruises to get big drops that were gone by Monday morning (I did it by putting the same category room on hold so I could show the TA on Monday). All my current cruises are booked direct.

It's really not that new. RCI almost always extends the sales on holiday weekends.

Monday is Columbus Day, celebrating the birth of the westbound trans-atlantic.

500 years later, and the dress code is nothing like it used to be.:D

Long pants in the MDR. Who'd a thunk it.:eek:

It's really not that new. RCI almost always extends the sales on holiday weekends.

Monday is Columbus Day, celebrating the birth of the westbound trans-atlantic.

500 years later, and the dress code is nothing like it used to be.:D

Long pants in the MDR. Who'd a thunk it.:eek:

This isn't a holiday thing....it's a weekend thing....I have consistently noticed this every weekend for about the last month now....the pricing code they are using even signifies "weekend"...however they are allowing you to convert existing resi's....so you are allowed to take advantage of it to upgrade....it is NOT for new bookings only.....and as a poster above stated....some of the price drops have been significant.....like the same category on the NYE Freedom sailing going from $1899/pp down to $1499/pp....that's an $800 cabin price drop.....and only for 2 days and it jumps back up come Mon.

This isn't a holiday thing....it's a weekend thing....I have consistently noticed this every weekend for about the last month now....the pricing code they are using even signifies "weekend"...however they are allowing you to convert existing resi's....so you are allowed to take advantage of it to upgrade....it is NOT for new bookings only.....and as a poster above stated....some of the price drops have been significant.....like the same category on the NYE Freedom sailing going from $1899/pp down to $1499/pp....that's an $800 cabin price drop.....and only for 2 days and it jumps back up come Mon.

I see what you are talking about now.

We now have 10 months to watch for further price drops. Just checked our sailing and for a suite it is up around 100 dollars...................

What goes up must come down..............

Thanks for the heads up.

Sue and crew

I just saw a price drop on my December 10th Liberty cruise. Just called and got the adjustment, and my Cruise Care then dropped as well! It pays to check!!

I saw that price drop and started thinking about changing from the Liberty Dec 15th up to the 10th. Get the extra day for not too much money.:)

How do you check on a price drop for a booked cruise. We are going in March and have a suite booked. Where do you look? Thanks.....Sharon

Just use Royal's website and run through the process of booking the same cruise. You will be able to see the current price before you commit to actually booking the cruise. Make sure you choose the appropriate senior and residency status, and also pick the same exact category of cabin you now have. If your category does not appear, then it's sold out and no price drop would be available.

I posted this with-in another thread but figured I post a new thread on the topic.....Not sure if a lot of you have noticed but Royal has been doing a lot of special weekend pricing lately;) Prices drop midnight Fri and then go back up midnight Sun.

I've not noticed it lately, probably because the cruises I am interested in are only going up in price. However, the last few price drops I've had have occurred on late Friday afternoon, after 4pm central time. Like you, I've wondered about the timing. I thought this timing would might make it more difficult to get price drops for those with bookings held by a travel agent. I've been lucky that our travel agent checks her email frequently and will call Royal on Saturday or Sunday if I notify her of a price drop.

Bob

I've not noticed it lately, probably because the cruises I am interested in are only going up in price. However, the last few price drops I've had have occurred on late Friday afternoon, after 4pm central time. Like you, I've wondered about the timing. I thought this timing would might make it more difficult to get price drops for those with bookings held by a travel agent. I've been lucky that our travel agent checks her email frequently and will call Royal on Saturday or Sunday if I notify her of a price drop.

Bob

Bob.....I would love to know what Royal's thinking is here:confused:they have seemed to divide guests into 2 categories with this....the folks that book during the week and the ones that book weekends. I wouldn't even be surprised that they did a study and found that most who book on a weekend book directly where those that book during the week tend to have a much higher percentage that go thru agents.....maybe the thinking is if they book direct then Royal doesn't have to pay out a commission and are basically giving it to the customer in a discounted weekend rate....just my 2 cents of a trying to make some sense out of it.

Just use Royal's website and run through the process of booking the same cruise. You will be able to see the current price before you commit to actually booking the cruise. Make sure you choose the appropriate senior and residency status, and also pick the same exact category of cabin you now have. If your category does not appear, then it's sold out and no price drop would be available.

Can you enter state residency and choose stateroom category and compare that price or do you have to complete all the booking info and stop before credit card info is needed? I ask b/c I keep seeing the same price as when I booked (by phone, but I was on-line at the same time) and the price I paid had a discount (b/c of state residency) quoted to me but this discount didn't show up on-line. So am I not going far enough into the booking process to compare?

Can you enter state residency and choose stateroom category and compare that price or do you have to complete all the booking info and stop before credit card info is needed? I ask b/c I keep seeing the same price as when I booked (by phone, but I was on-line at the same time) and the price I paid had a discount (b/c of state residency) quoted to me but this discount didn't show up on-line. So am I not going far enough into the booking process to compare?

Yes, right on the front page of Royal site under "FIND A CRUISE" you will see "see if you qualify for exclusive rates"...a box will open and you can put in your state and also check any other special rates you may qualify for...click OK and it will save it for you.

Thanks for this post! I only booked this past week, for the Monarch 10/31 sailing but figured I'd check the website when I saw this post. The price dropped so much I was able to upgrade my outside guarantee to a superior ocean view for free. It was actually $10pp less than what I paid for the guarantee. $159pp. 4 nights. Cannot beat it.

Archived