Salmon

glee87

Hi, Does anyone know when salmon is running in Alaska? We are planning to go on a cruise during the first week of June (around the 3rd). My husband wants to go fishing for salmon. Please let me know.

TIA!

"glee"

We went in mid-July and caught a mix of everything. However, we didn't do our fishing in the river. It was in a calmer part of the ocean in a bay type of area, or at least secluded type of area. There were five of us and we had a boat to ourselves. The boat owner and his daughter were the only crew. We told them we would tip a $1/pound of fish caught. Well, we caught over 200 pounds! We had it processed and sent to the states. It was wonderful. I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Good luck fishing!

We went in mid-July and caught a mix of everything. However, we didn't do our fishing in the river. It was in a calmer part of the ocean in a bay type of area, or at least secluded type of area. There were five of us and we had a boat to ourselves. The boat owner and his daughter were the only crew. We told them we would tip a $1/pound of fish caught. Well, we caught over 200 pounds! We had it processed and sent to the states. It was wonderful. I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Good luck fishing!

Not to be a total jerk but, Alaska IS the States.

You should check the Alaskan boards, we used Ken of Northern lights. It was good catching, less fishing :D

Hi, Does anyone know when salmon is running in Alaska? We are planning to go on a cruise during the first week of June (around the 3rd). My husband wants to go fishing for salmon. Please let me know.

TIA!

"glee"

1404683994_200KetchikanLeavingforFishing.jpg.c8868adc3cdcde70b75ef3cb79daee10.jpg

731064471_232TwoFishOn.jpg.16c1cf87d99429d01b166c742a3715ed.jpg

1907742714_2385KingSalmon.jpg.93a662aa3f97ae7667c640dc53d2c948.jpg

614656916_242KenourGuide-CaptainwithChris.jpg.62f438d6acd87a1f525e462c9bd0928b.jpg

We love the Red and sockeye salmon the best.

There is a company -- Salmon, etc. -- that we have ordered smoked salmon from for years.

I buy smoked salmon in Whole Foods or Trader Joes etc

Even Costco sells it.

What makes the salmon you send for better? If it really is a big difference, I'd like to order and try it. Is smoked salmon not readily available in your area? Is that why you send for it?

Thanks.

Archived